2010.02.10 - 2010.03.15 ~Robyn Adams's Transcript

Even though most of what Robyn says may be true, it will be difficult to sell it to the jury. She is a convicted felon possibly looking for a lesser sentence in exchange for her information. I really wish that everything she said was in the letters, that would have been pretty concrete.

As one would expect, jail snitches come with the usual "baggage", but in Robyn's case, she comes with a whole set of luggage. She is married to an Altamonte cop. They were arrested together (link included detailing the arrests/charges) and were both initially facing possibly life in prison - somehow possible life in prison ended up being 10 years. What a jury won't buy, IMO, is that Mrs. Adams didn't understand the value of befriending an immate like Casey Anthony and the implications it could have on her sentence. JMO ~

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-07-23/news/cop23_1_robyn-adams-marijuana-seeds-marijuana-growing

IMO, the letters help to establish their relationship. Its one thing to have some one say "KC told me this and this" The obvious question then is "Why would she tell you this info??" The letters say "Because we were friends and shared a lot of personal confidential information" Will the jury buy it? It can't hurt.

Actually I think that it could hurt gamom. Robyn could easily be discredited, even by Jose B. That, IMO, risks discrediting the prosecution as a whole - it isn't worth it. There is forensic evidence showing chloroform, both in the trunk of Casey's car and at the crime scene. Ideally the proscecution would like to have Casey concretely connected to the chloroform but (again moo) it's not worth the risk - 2 out of 3 isn't so bad.

So when is this Ms. Hernandez going to be taken off administrative leave with pay and terminated? This is outrageous behavior and it strikes me that she has an ulterior sexual motive in granting special favors to KC and Robyn and going so far as putting them alone together in a cell, which I do believe she did.

Do the letters talk about Casey's knowledge of the crime scene - or is that only in RA's interview?

Actually I think that it could hurt gamom. Robyn could easily be discredited, even by Jose B. That, IMO, risks discrediting the prosecution as a whole - it isn't worth it. There is forensic evidence showing chloroform, both in the trunk of Casey's car and at the crime scene. Ideally the proscecution would like to have Casey concretely connected to the chloroform but (again moo) it's not worth the risk - 2 out of 3 isn't so bad.

I can understand your anxiety regarding Robyn as a witness but I just can't share it. Try thinking of a combination of this testimony as one of the bricks in a great wall of evidence and testimony that will keep Casey in prison for at least LWOP, but more likely the death penalty.
They would have difficulty discrediting this witness. It's just a matter of having her first admit her background at the beginning of her testimony IMO.

For me it's one thing to discredit a witness. It's another thing to discredit the testimony given. Yes RA is a convicted felony (she was growing marijuana). However you have two inmates RA and MD saying very similar things. You have the letters in Casey's hand writing verifying some of what was said. You have proof that Casey was sharing info with these inmates.

Also RA did not come forward with this info and this info was not used in anyway to lower RA's sentence as was presented in Yuri's supplemental report. So to me RA got nothing out of this info being released, wasn't the one who released it, is shown to have had a relationship with Casey, her story for the most part also checks out when one looks at the various pieces. Letters, other inmate conversation, evidence in the case all seem to be building the same image of this puzzle. Granted I wouldn't want to step into court with only RA's testimony but once you couple it with everything else.

I just don't think the jury is going to ignore it. Yes the defense can attack her like they did RK, and they can attack each piece of evidence individually but the jury is going to see the whole picture not each brush stroke. RA's testimony is just one of many bold brush strokes in this case.

Ok, we have RA saying the letters were passed in a book. That Hernandez was allowing them time to talk, but where does it say how she got the letters out of prison to her friend? I thought the prison checked all outgoing and incoming mail? If so, how did they not notice this many letters going out? Did they really not know that Casey wrote them?
What is up with this?

Hi All.... I'm new ~ been around for awhile, but first time posting..... I'm just surprized with these letters. Stunned is more like it. Is anyone else feeling the same?

BBM
I take it you haven't read much on the chloroform thread, if you think the forensic evidence establishes the existance of actual chloroform for people. IMO, Robyn on the stand is a good idea. A lot of people may be confused by the technical data of the forensics, but it is hard to misunderstand someone claiming Casey admits to using chloroform, if Robyn can indeed testify to that.
As a side note, I find Robyn's statements to be credible.

Even though most of what Robyn says may be true, it will be difficult to sell it to the jury. She is a convicted felon possibly looking for a lesser sentence in exchange for her information. I really wish that everything she said was in the letters, that would have been pretty concrete.

I'm not so sure the jury wouldn't find her credible. Granted, she is a convicted felon and that is a big strike against her. Howeve,r the investigators' opinion is valuable in that THEY found her to be truthful. Also, Robyn made a valid point that if she wanted to use these letters as a bargaining chip to lessen her sentence, she would have done so BEFORE she was sentenced. Also, it is very clear that she was reluctant to give up these letters. She only did so because LE came to her after being ratted out by yet another inmate.

It is a tough mountain to climb, however juries have found felons' testimony to be relevant and credible before this case. I think it is extremely valuable that the officers conducting these 2 interviews found her to be truthful and reluctant to give up this information.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23069761/detail.html

From this link page 8 & 9

"After a chaplain informed Casey Anthony of the recovery, Casey Anthony told Robyn Adams law enforcement had found the body of a small child with a baby blanket inside a black garbage bag. As a note, the information regarding the baby blanket and black garbage bah was not made known to the jail chaplain so Casey Anthony had knowledge of items only the suspect, certain law enforcement personnel and the certain medical examiner's personnel knew."

WOW this is a nice little piece of info!!!

Hope this post belongs here - I've not read the transcript yet but have read through page 300 in Part 1 of letters (Wesh). Around pg. 275 the pages begin to duplicate earlier pages. I needed a break so I'm posting the following observations ~

Robyn wrote her friend, Tracy, and assured her that she was her bf and that she was only befriending KC for the purpose of getting the goods on her so she might be able to get her own sentence reduced from the mandatory ten year sentence.

KC proceeded to respond/write letters proclaiming true friendship and everlasting support while they exchanged Bible verses and encouragement to one another.

Robyn writes in a letter how betrayal has landed her in the spot she is in and how she is grateful that she is the betrayed and not the betrayer :waitasec: ~ anybody else see anything wrong with this picture?

KC forgot her 'trust nobody but yourself' message.

Robyn had a motive for writing/befriending KC - a selfserving motive. Her motive was to get the goods on KC. That is clearly stated in a letter Robyn wrote Tracy.

I want to know the truth about what happened to Caylee as much as anybody else does but I'm not sure I can trust what Robyn has to say because she too is interested mainly in herself.

After reading the FDLE interview transcripts, I think Robyn is very believable. Whether that will translate to a good witness for the defense is debatable. She doesn't seem to have much of an agenda but she is a convicted felon. She indicates (and FDLE agrees) she didn't go to them; they found her through Maya D.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069172.pdf
2 interviews begin on pg. 192

Hope this post belongs here - I've not read the transcript yet but have read through page 300 in Part 1 of letters (Wesh). Around pg. 300 the pages begin to duplicate earlier pages. I needed a break so I'm posting the following observations ~

Robyn wrote her friend, Tracey, and assured her that she was her bf and that she was only befriending KC for the purpose of getting the goods on her so she might be able to get her own sentence reduced from the mandatory ten year sentence.

KC proceeded to respond/write letters proclaiming true friendship and everlasting support while they exchanged Bible verses and encouragement to one another.

Robyn writes in a letter how betrayal has landed her in the spot she is in and how she is grateful that she is the betrayed and not the betrayer :waitasec: ~ anybody else see anything wrong with this picture?

KC forgot her 'trust nobody but yourself' message.

Robyn had a motive for writing/befriending KC - a selfserving motive. Her motive was to get the goods on KC. That is clearly stated in a letter Robyn wrote Tracey.

I want to know the truth about what happened to Caylee as much as anybody else does but I'm not sure I can trust what Robyn has to say because she too is interested mainly in herself.

BBM

Thanks for that info! I didn't make it to 300 pgs. yet (stopped somewhere before 150 last night), so I have not see those passages . I've read enough of your posts to know that I am gonna trust you because there is no way in he!! that I am diving back into those letters until tomorrow. ;)

After reading the FDLE interview transcripts, I think Robyn is very believable. Whether that will translate to a good witness for the defense is debatable. She doesn't seem to have much of an agenda but she is a convicted felon. She indicates (and FDLE agrees) she didn't go to them; they found her through Maya D.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069172.pdf
2 interviews begin on pg. 192

BBM

Read the letters please. She states plainly in a letter to her friend, Tracy, that she is only writing KC in hopes to obtain information so that she might be able to get her own sentence reduced - that is what I call an agenda.

I'll go get the page number of her letter to Tracy - pdf. 62 (Wesh), page 13646. I'll post more info below.

BBM

Read the letters please. She states plainly in a letter to her friend, Tracey, that she is only writing KC in hopes to obtain information so that she might be able to get her own sentence reduced - that is what I call an agenda.

I'll go get the page number of her letter to Tracey -

No need, woe. I read them all and have the migraine to prove it. I know she said she might use them to try to get her sentence reduced but it wasn't her only reason for communicating with Casey.

Wrong choice of words when I said "agenda". She does sound very reluctant to have to come forward in her interviews with FDLE. I don't know if a jury will believe her or not. She sounds pretty credible to me.

After all this, I have to wonder what Ms. Casey O'Marie (aka Muffin) has to say about her "Cookie" and Bestest Best Friend EVER! ... I know Robyn didn't go to the cops, but she did spill the beans. Jeepers Creepers!!

Even in jail there is a honor type code for a mother that murdered her child..............
so a drug dealer that is a mother could turn on KC fast.....IMO, I would!

I think Robyn is truthful. I have never did drugs in my life never had a desire to, deal with illegal stuff I know right from wrong and so should never end up in jail. Just wanted to say that 1st. But thinking If I were in Robyns shoes I think I would have spoke to Casey to, everyone wants to know the truth I don't think we will ever have the truth as to how exactly Caylee died But within every sentence there is some truth or all truth and with casey it is both lies and truth. Robyn is facing 10 years, she is hearing Casey say Oh I will be out soon, oh we had major updates in my case, and talking like she will be out of jail within a few days. Robyn I think just wants Casey to be charged for her crime just like she was and serve her time. I do think Robyn may have had some small hope it would help her case, but I also think she suspects Casey is guilty like many do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish
Back