2010.03.25 Misty Croslin Flunks Secret Police Polygraph!!

Butterfly, I respectfully disagree, because those normal questions are always a part of the poly. The results are compared to the "control sample" which is the obvious, such as her name. If she is not deceptive in the control sample, you would expect the same results in the real test. I would be afraid to take a poly because I would be a total wreck, just going through it. But, I would be nervous with just having to state my name. If anything, my poly would be inconclusive, but not "flunked miserably."

It was explained on here awhile back how polygraphs work. First they ask a series of control questions. The tester will instruct them to answer yes, even if the answer is no, on some, then tell them to answer truthfully on the same questions... their name, address, age, etc. This is to determine how their body reacts when they are telling the truth and when they are lying. They are also instructed to answer quickly, not to hesitate, because that can show as deception.
If Misty is one of those people who just can't pass a poly... the polygrapher would know that within ten minutes, and they wouldn't have stretched the test out for 2 hours, IMO.
I took a polygraph years ago, it was a requirement for a job as a checker in a grocery store. This was before scanners were invented, we had to punch in the price of each item, and we had to know what was taxable, or not. Our cash registers didn't figure it out for us. I have no idea whether I passed or failed, but I did keep my job for awhile afterwards. I can tell you that I was scared and very nervous. I assume they took that into consideration.
One of the main questions was, "Have you ever stolen anything?"

I assume there are no checkers in the croslin-cummings clan then..

Remembering the TM Polygraph.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=143962&catid=3

Here are the four questions Miller says were asked to Misty on August 19, followed by her answer and the polygraph result:

Question: Did you intentionally withhold any information regarding Haleigh's disappearance?
Answer: No
Result: 99% deception

Question: Do you know what happened to Haleigh?

Question: Do you know where Haleigh is now?
Result: 95% Deception

Question: Do you know who took Haleigh?
Result: 42% deception

Miller says he was confused by the 42% result, but a polygraph expert who spoke with Miller says that could mean there were multiple people involved, and that something may have happened inside the house that prevented Misty from knowing which person took her away.

Miller goes on to say Misty cried at the results, then stormed out of the room. That's when he says he spoke with Misty, who begged him to let her undergo hypnosis and voice analysis.

I agree with the statement that she may not know which person took Haleigh away. That fits with TN or AS being involved.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=143962&catid=3

Here are the four questions Miller says were asked to Misty on August 19, followed by her answer and the polygraph result:

Question: Did you intentionally withhold any information regarding Haleigh's disappearance?

Miller says he was confused by the 42% result, but a polygraph expert who spoke with Miller says that could mean there were multiple people involved, and that something may have happened inside the house that prevented Misty from knowing which person took her away.

Miller goes on to say Misty cried at the results, then stormed out of the room. That's when he says he spoke with Misty, who begged him to let her undergo hypnosis and voice analysis.

I agree with the statement that she may not know which person took Haleigh away. That fits with TN or AS being involved.

I suspect Unka Donald may have been involved also...JMO

bbm

That's another reason why I think there was an altercation that day on Green Ln. Thanks for the post. I too believe that there was more than one person involved in something happening to Haleigh and taking her away. Misty's not sure which person took Haleigh away but she knows what happened to Haleigh, she knows where Haleigh is now, and she is purposely misleading LE. At least that's what the LDT results tell me.

I was thinking about GMS saying NOW that she was pissed because Ron let Misty back in. What if the altercation was between TN/Misty/GMS and Haleigh got caught up in the middle somehow? I don't know I'm just thinking out loud.

It was explained on here awhile back how polygraphs work. First they ask a series of control questions. The tester will instruct them to answer yes, even if the answer is no, on some, then tell them to answer truthfully on the same questions... their name, address, age, etc. This is to determine how their body reacts when they are telling the truth and when they are lying. They are also instructed to answer quickly, not to hesitate, because that can show as deception.
If Misty is one of those people who just can't pass a poly... the polygrapher would know that within ten minutes, and they wouldn't have stretched the test out for 2 hours, IMO.
I took a polygraph years ago, it was a requirement for a job as a checker in a grocery store. This was before scanners were invented, we had to punch in the price of each item, and we had to know what was taxable, or not. Our cash registers didn't figure it out for us. I have no idea whether I passed or failed, but I did keep my job for awhile afterwards. I can tell you that I was scared and very nervous. I assume they took that into consideration.
One of the main questions was, "Have you ever stolen anything?"
lol I took a polygraph for the same reasons many, many years ago as a high school student when I applied for a job at a supermarket. The examiner went through the list of questions with me before adminstering the test. Like you, I had never stolen, but I was nervous, just the same. Once hooked up to the machine, the first or second question was "Is your name XXXX XXXX?" I answered yes, and then heard the needle whip across the paper. I was hired, so I must've done all right on the relevant questions.

I posted this on the other thread, but it belongs here. It would be interesting to know how Misty's results compare across the board among all the tests she's taken. Do her responses to the same or similar questions repetitively show deception? Have any patterns or correlations emerged? That information would be much more telling than simply knowing she failed.

I posted this on the other thread, but it belongs here. It would be interesting to know how Misty's results compare across the board among all the tests she's taken. Do her responses to the same or similar questions repetitively show deception? Have any patterns or correlations emerged? That information would be much more telling than simply knowing she failed.

[Snipped]

Bessie, I think that's an excellent idea. During the Voice Analysis test they were able to pin point which details Misty lied about. Putting Haleigh to bed was a lie and the whole blanket scenario was a lie. Do we have a comprehensive list of of that VA test and what parts Misty lied about?

lol I took a polygraph for the same reasons many, many years ago as a high school student when I applied for a job at a supermarket. The examiner went through the list of questions with me before adminstering the test. Like you, I had never stolen, but I was nervous, just the same. Once hooked up to the machine, the first or second question was "Is your name XXXX XXXX?" I answered yes, and then heard the needle whip across the paper. I was hired, so I must've done all right on the relevant questions.

I agree, it would be very informative to compare her reactions on the different questions on all the tests she's taken so far.
It would also be interesting to find out how she did on the very first tests she took, because IIRC, she was given more than one in the first week or two, which she claimed she passed.

My belief is that Misty continues to try to point the finger at everyone else and can't pass a lie detector test because she is not telling the truth. How many lie detector tests does she believe she can fool? It hasn't worked up until this point you would think she would just stop it! I don't get it. I really do not. This girl appears to not have a true sense of reality.

What part about playing around with law enforcement doesn't she get?

You can't exclude the possibility that she would fail a lie detector test no matter what. That is the reason they are not admissable. I know that if I was in that situation I would allmost certainly fail every time even though I hadn't done anything, because that is just how I react.

You can't exclude the possibility that she would fail a lie detector test no matter what. That is the reason they are not admissable. I know that if I was in that situation I would allmost certainly fail every time even though I hadn't done anything, because that is just how I react.

Do authorities really use terms like PASS and FAIL re: poly's?

Does INCONCLUSIVE = FAIL?

[Snipped]

Bessie, I think that's an excellent idea. During the Voice Analysis test they were able to pin point which details Misty lied about. Putting Haleigh to bed was a lie and the whole blanket scenario was a lie. Do we have a comprehensive list of of that VA test and what parts Misty lied about?

To my knowledge only a few results to most of what she claims happened were released. I think some of the results were posted at several places.. AH being one..
The ones you listed are correct and I remember one where she was asked if she knew anything at all about Haleigh going missing and she said.. No, she didn't know anything about Haleigh going missing.. IIRC The answer she gave to that question was displayed on the screen as being accurate...
I remember someone here commenting about that too, and they asked WHY we thought the reading came up as an accurate statement.. My reply was because she knows Haleigh wasn't abducted and knows she isn't missing..JMO

I suspect some would love for us to believe she isn't capable of passing a lie detector test eventhough she may be telling the truth.. In reference to myself, I believe thats just more fodder for their cannon. I'm not giving them or her the benefit of the doubt...

I suspect IF and when she ever decides to tell the truth we won't be hearing she failed or flunked miserably...JMO

There is noticable excitment in misty's voice when she speaks of the reason for washing Haleigh's blanket during the VSA/hypnosis testing. That appears to be a stressor for her...imo. She struggles to give the excuse for washing it

Another time she displays a reaction is when on the first day interview when she said, "I covered her up with her little sheet"..this appeared to be a small 'blip' moment where her voice cracked.

NO, but if polygraphs were not acceptable standards in law enforcement then it would not be used as a standard before being hired in the field of law enforcement. I do not believe that Misty is one of those people who can fool a poly. And it could be she is failing because she knows the truth and she cannot fake it. Her nerves give her away. MOO

NO, but if polygraphs were not acceptable standards in law enforcement then it would not be used as a standard before being hired in the field of law enforcement. I do not believe that Misty is one of those people who can fool a poly. And it could be she is failing because she knows the truth and she cannot fake it. Her nerves give her away. MOO

Grandmaj I agree with this and it leads to a point of great confusion for me.....Why in the he77 does she keep taking these tests?

I have pretty much reached the point that the only logical way I can look at her statements and actions from the beginning is that instead of the "Perfect Storm", Misty may be the "Perfect Patsy" for the person who actually harmed Haleigh. This girl is uneducated, functionally illiterate, and apparently has her diminished brain cell count completely scrambled by a combination of drugs and misplaced devotion.

She keeps lying, KNOWS she's lying, defying her attorney, and still keeps taking these tests!

It will not surprise me a bit to one day be able to look up the word "patsy" in the dictionary and find Misty's picture.

Grandmaj I agree with this and it leads to a point of great confusion for me.....Why in the he77 does she keep taking these tests?

I have pretty much reached the point that the only logical way I can look at her statements and actions from the beginning is that instead of the "Perfect Storm", Misty may be the "Perfect Patsy" for the person who actually harmed Haleigh. This girl is uneducated, functionally illiterate, and apparently has her diminished brain cell count completely scrambled by a combination of drugs and misplaced devotion.

She keeps lying, KNOWS she's lying, defying her attorney, and still keeps taking these tests!

It will not surprise me a bit to one day be able to look up the word "patsy" in the dictionary and find Misty's picture.
I don't understand why Misty would keep volunteering for these LDT's, when she knows what the resuts were before. She is keeping to the story about Joe and Tommy, even now. How long is she going to keep this up ?

So, the people she was telling her family about (one you are close to, one not so much) is still Joe and Tommy ? I was hoping she was referring to herself and Ron. For them to remain quiet about Haleigh, after all this time in jail, leads to some pretty grim possibilities.

It measure stress. You might argue that someone who gets stressed is unsuitable for LE, that may be why they use it. If someone does not react to questions about wrongdoing, then they would be recorded as "truthfull" when they are not. Likewise if someone does react, they would be recorded as being "untruthfull" when they are not.

A lie detector test (as well as all these other mumbo jumbo tests that have been brought up in connection with this case) does mot measure truthfullness or deceit, all it measures is stress. The assumption is made that there is a correlation, but it is not necessarily so.

She keeps on taking these tests, so she clearly thinks she should be passing them. Her behaviour suggests that she thinks she is innocent but she also feels guilty. That is the more interesting question IMO, why would she believe that? Does she simply not know what happened that night? Does she know and is protecting someone other than herself? Was she doing something illegal, but not directly to the child, so she can't tell the truth without digging her own grave (metaphorically)? Any of those would be viable reasons for her thinking she should pass but constantly failing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back