2010.03.25 WFTV Reports River C. Attempted Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly sending out prayers and positive energy to River. I pray that she recovers well, and that she gets all the support she can to move on from this trauma to lead an emotionally healthy life.

I haven't read through the thread, becuase I've been so busy lately, but one thing that caught my eye was that she had posted 'suicide pact' in caps on her twitter acc before she attempted suicide.

I'm not sure if it was a cry for help, before she downed those pills, or if it was meant as a message for a specific person.

A suicide pact describes the suicides of two or more individuals in an agreed-upon plan. The plan may be to die together, or separately and closely timed. Suicide pacts are important concepts in the study of suicide, and have occurred throughout history, as well as in fiction.- WIKI

It concerns me that there could be another person out there that she is close to that is or was preparing to do the same.
I hope that's not the case, and that they have looked into the possibility that another person is preparing to end their lives, in an attempt to prevent it.

From what i understand River didnt seek being a celebrity--- the text messages being why LE ask to interview her?

I am sad for this woman, none of my business what happen with her and GA the fact that she is hurting enough to have to be committed says that all this
negative attention on her is pretty stressing and hurtful.

I wish her well .

OK... have never quoted myself before but happened to have a long drive today. And the mind gets working once the cruise control is set. And my mind was churning around the post quoted above, and wondering when and if I might be able to show compassion to KC or CA or GA, all of whom are also "frail, fractured, faltering" human beings?

This probably needs to be its own thread. But got hit with the humility stick outta nowhere today and wondered if anyone else has been pondering the same questions. If we can extend compassion to RC (accept her choices even those that were ill-advised, understand that we as humans have or could make the same choices, refuse to judge her for being merely human with the same foibles as all of us), then can we feel compassion for CA? for GA? Dare I say, for KC? .....

IMO: CA KC GA had many opportunities to demonstrate MORAL COURAGE
they to this day have failed.

IMO: River has demonstrated moral courage coming forward, telling the truth, taking responsibility, and showing remorse for her choices.

IMO: ACTIONS tell a truth

:twocents::twocents:

OK... have never quoted myself before but happened to have a long drive today. And the mind gets working once the cruise control is set. And my mind was churning around the post quoted above, and wondering when and if I might be able to show compassion to KC or CA or GA, all of whom are also "frail, fractured, faltering" human beings?

This probably needs to be its own thread. But got hit with the humility stick outta nowhere today and wondered if anyone else has been pondering the same questions. If we can extend compassion to RC (accept her choices even those that were ill-advised, understand that we as humans have or could make the same choices, refuse to judge her for being merely human with the same foibles as all of us), then can we feel compassion for CA? for GA? Dare I say, for KC?

Thought experiment only. As yet I have not been able to extend my compassion that far. But I have been thinking on it, FWIW.

Oh yikes JBean I done went way off topic. Please to delete or redirect as you see fit and accept my advance apologies!!!
OT: totally so forgive me JBean...fair warning-OFF TOPIC...
That being said, I am going to address this because I had a similar epiphany myself one day when I was feeling paticularly charitable. And it was for KC that I was pondering forgiveness, and mercy and all that jazz...and I almost had myself talked into it and had convinced myself that I should feel compassion for my fellow man, even her. And then,

31 days of partying
A dead baby kept in the trunk of a car with duct tape over her face
Caylee thrown away like trash on the side of the road, alone
One million lies
One million games
and Caylee's LIFE
came bobbing up to the surface. :sick:

And my epiphany suddenly became even more crystal clear than it was at the beginning, and utterly NOT charitable in the least. Casey has not, and neither have her family ASKED for forgiveness-not once, not for Caylee, not for any of this circus that has developed in the wake of Caylee's death. They have shown NO compassion OR charity for anyone involved in any of this...and I am of a clear conscience and I have no guilt and AM judging rightly and do not feel sorry for them in this firestorm in which they find themselves, because it was very clearly of their own making. :snooty:

I am not removing posts because even though they don't belong on this thread they are all respectful posts.
I am asking everyone again:
Please put the discussion on the discussion threads. Not here. This thread is for:
1. updates to the condition of River
2.Well wishes for someone that may feel life is not worth living.

Thank you for your help.

Jesus Christ, the Master Teacher, often asked questions to encourage people to ponder and apply the principles He taught. His questions prompted thought, soul-searching, and commitment.

Consider creating and asking several questions to help individuals understand and apply the truths taught.

For example, you could ask, “What help has God given you to banish fear and give you courage?” or “How has God helped you overcome your fears?”

I encourage individuals to ponder and ask.

IMO: River and Skye have demonstrated Moral Courage.

Hey BB12-
I would agree in the River but not on the Skye...
Perhaps if Skye had maintained silence, some of this might not have come to pass.

My best avice to overcome ANY situation is WORK WORK WORK...
Busy hands help distract the mind, and ease the sorrows of the soul.
When I face my greatest obstacles, I work harder than any other time.

River stated that LE came to her home via text messages from GA phone.

River stated she gave LE an interview on Feb 18 at her home and then on Feb 19 they asked her to come in and give a sworn statement.

River said she gave LE a 3-4 hour sworn statement.

River stated LE asked her for her cell phone and her camera, to which she freely volunteered.

When River went to LE office to retrieve her cell and camera....March 14, 2010

NOTE:

Det. Melich and Srgt Allen OPENED the Double DOORS stood there for the photo op ? While River walked in between them out the door.

BOTH investigators took the time to meet with River, walk her down the hallway, open the double doors for HER, and then stand there. Knowing that the PRESS is on the other side of the doors.

IMO: This adds credibility to River story. Normally LE would just hand over the items.

rus8cx.jpg

Magic-Cat your right......Skye has been some what disingenuous.

I 100% believe River had an affair with GA.

Wondering if any locals have heard updates on Holloway's hospitalization?

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/
April 1st, 2010
River Cruz Apologizes to Dr. Lillian Glass and Supporters for Her Suicide Attempt
(article at link)

She was just released from the hospital and sent a thank you email to Dr. Glass

thanks okiedokie! from the current updates thread. :)[/QUOTE]

I am happy to read that she now has an ATTORNEY!!!
Hopefully she (and her sister) will follow the attorney's advice and guidance.
And Dr. Glass seems to have confirmed that there was indeed a suicide attempt and a hospitalization. (I had seen it posted on another blog that the suicide attempt had not been confirmed)

IMO: CA KC GA had many opportunities to demonstrate MORAL COURAGE
they to this day have failed.

IMO: River has demonstrated moral courage coming forward, telling the truth, taking responsibility, and showing remorse for her choices.

IMO: ACTIONS tell a truth

:twocents::twocents:

Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads