2010.04.15 Two cinder blocks found at search site.

IIRC In the very beginning when MC was stating she didn't know where the block came from that was used for the door I though LE discovered a stack of blocks somewhere on the MH property that RC and MC claimed that didn't know they were there.

Yes, and early on didn't someone videotape the park they lived in? The blocks were everywhere..which is how I learned so much about them and their uses in the first place!

Yes, and early on didn't someone videotape the park they lived in? The blocks were everywhere..which is how I learned so much about them and their uses in the first place!

The more you guys say this, the more hinked out I get. Knowing she was covering up what happened, WHY point out a cinder block and say she never saw it before when they are all over the place???

I seriously wonder if she wasn't trying to distance herself from cinder blocks.

I posted this awhile ago, and I still think it's possible, especially after learning that cinder blocks might've been used in the crime.

We've speculated that the cinder block was a simply a prop, as in a stage prop, to implicate Joe, which is altogether possible. The logic is that it wasn't necessary to hold the door open to carry a child through it. Well, suppose they really did use the cinder block as a door prop but forgot to move it. Then Misty noticed it during the 911 call and on a whim told the operator because she thought it added to the story. But if you used a cinder block to weight down a child's body in the river, you wouldn't want to draw attention to one, would you? You'd stash it before LE arrived. Unless you're a mastermind like Misty. I know Ron's anger sure escalated quickly when Misty started talking about "the brick" and the 911 operator questioned her about it.

The more you guys say this, the more hinked out I get. Knowing she was covering up what happened, WHY point out a cinder block and say she never saw it before when they are all over the place???

I think you may have it! Looking back she did make such a big deal out of the block at the door and not knowing where it came from. If her latest story is true about Haleigh being thrown in the river attached to the same type block then she was covering her tracks from the very beginning.

I posted this awhile ago, and I still think it's possible, especially after learning that cinder blocks might've been used in the crime.

We've speculated that the cinder block was a simply a prop, as in a stage prop, to implicate Joe, which is altogether possible. The logic is that it wasn't necessary to hold the door open to carry a child through it. Well, suppose they really did use the cinder block as a door prop but forgot to move it. Then Misty noticed it during the 911 call and on a whim told the operator because she thought it added to the story. But if you used a cinder block to weight down a child's body in the river, you wouldn't want to draw attention to one, would you? You'd stash it before LE arrived. Unless you're a mastermind like Misty. I know Ron's anger sure escalated quickly when Misty started talking about "the brick" and the 911 operator questioned her about it.

(my bold)
It has been so long ago that I listened to the tape I didn't remember that...now that is very interesting.... I need to go back to the tape and listen again.

Were there any cinderblocks in the area of the dock? I'm not sure but I find it such a coincidence that a cinderblock was found at the mh too. IMO, they came from the same place. So would it be safe to assume that whoever put the cinderblock at the backdoor of the mh, took 2 of those cinderblocks with them to this scene? Or could it be the other way around?

I agree with this theory. There were cinderblocks at the mobile home, including the one propped up at the door. Could be a windfall if they match. It's hard to imagine such a coincidence.

MOO

Mel

IIRC In the very beginning when MC was stating she didn't know where the block came from that was used for the door I though LE discovered a stack of blocks somewhere on the MH property that RC and MC claimed that didn't know they were there.

Yup, yup, and yup -- but tracing the cinder blocks back to the mobile home might be tricky after all this time. We'll see.....I'd hate to have this case hinge on a few cinder blocks :(

Mel

I agree. A logical person, (not that ANY of these people are logical) you would think, just wouldn't even mention it if they wanted to distance their self from it.

I'm sure cinder blocks are everywhere but like I said trailers are held up by them. Under the trailer u usually have extra cinder blocks just under there for fencing or if another one breaks. I'm curious to see if under the trailer any blocks are missing. When u pick them up they usually have left imprints in the ground. I don't think they had cinder blocks with them when they came to the MH. I just think this idea could be useful and DNA on cinder block at home. God bless this sweet baby justice will be served Haleigh just hang tight baby! We are working on it !

I'm sure cinder blocks are everywhere but like I said trailers are held up by them. Under the trailer u usually have extra cinder blocks just under there for fencing or if another one breaks. I'm curious to see if under the trailer any blocks are missing. When u pick them up they usually have left imprints in the ground. I don't think they had cinder blocks with them when they came to the MH. I just think this idea could be useful and DNA on cinder block at home. God bless this sweet baby justice will be served Haleigh just hang tight baby! We are working on it !

Oh I get what you're saying and you are correct! We lived in a MH before we built our house (on the same property). When we sold the MH and they moved it there were cinderblocks under it...and when they moved the cinderblocks there were imprints on the ground. Very possible & good thinking!

Yup, yup, and yup -- but tracing the cinder blocks back to the mobile home might be tricky after all this time. We'll see.....I'd hate to have this case hinge on a few cinder blocks :(

Mel

It could very well happen that way. Unless there are two broken pieces that match I have a gut feeling they may be able to match cinder blocks from many homes that match. I've owned 4 different homes in Fl north and south that were cement block homes. I've always been told not to buy a wood (stick built as they are called in the north) home because of the termites. I have great faith in scientist but how many loads of the blocks from the same batch were delivered in that area may prove to be a problem. Maybe someone can correct me if my thoughts about this are wrong.

You make a good point, Grace. As common as they are, a match to the ones at the MH won't prove that they were actually used in the crime. They could've come from anywhere. For that matter, the cinder blocks at the MH might have come from different lots. That's why I'm so curious to know if Misty pinpointed for them the area where they would be found, and if she specified two.

I am the one who has been questioning the blocks and the comparison to the ones at home. Anyone who has lived in or around trailers homes under them their are cinder blocks. Any DNA ?from the one at the MH that was proping door open. They have their own form of DNA profiles. I think they should look under the trailer to see if any were removed, u can always tell where they have been based on impressions left in the dirt. Again no one just carries cinderblockes in there car. I think they came from trailer hands down they match

You make a good point, Grace. As common as they are, a match to the ones at the MH won't prove that they were actually used in the crime. They could've come from anywhere. For that matter, the cinder blocks at the MH might have come from different lots. That's why I'm so curious to know if Misty pinpointed for them the area where they would be found, and if she specified two.

I was talking about lots where they make them. Like carpet colors have lot #'s and like the cement mix in the Laci Peterson case. How many other MH's or cement block homes were put up or built in the same year having cement blocks delivered by the same company around the same time to the same area. Unless they used a broken one that LE has a match to it may be difficult to prove or they can get dna off one that was in the water for 14 months. Science has never been my friend so if anyone can let us know if they can actually prove where the blocks came from it would be greatly appreciated.

No kidding. She sure made a point about the cinder block propping open the door and the fact that cousin Joe was a pro at "bricking" doors. I know cinder blocks are common in the area. They're as multi-functional as duct tape. Hmm...

What I want to know:

Did Misty tell LE about cinder blocks in the water?

Exactly where were the cinder blocks found? Were they close together? No rope, apparently, but was anything else of interest found in the vicinity of the cinder blocks?

I feel it may have come from Nanny Hollars. I also wonder as these two Croslins are telling Nanny these things, the police must be aware of those phone conversations...Nanny Hollars said this on NG last night, my heart is aching for precious HaLeigh...either scenario, OldSoul may have been spot on with her vision of HaLeigh being brutally assaulted...it's one of three stories!!!

GRACE: Joining us tonight is a very special guest, a guest who has been through hell. With us is Flora Hollars. That`s Misty Croslin and Joe Overstreet`s grandmother.

Ms. Hollars, you have heard now three different versions of what happened the night Haleigh went missing. What is the most recent version you have been told?

HOLLARS: What I was told by Misty this morning was that Tommy and Joe took Haleigh and wrapped a yellow rope around her and carried her to the dock and tied a brick around the bottom -- the other end of the rope and throwed her into the river. Now, that come from Misty`s mouth into my ear.

GRACE: This morning?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Could I ask you why they would have done that? Joe Overstreet and Tommy Croslin, why they would have done that? Had they allegedly molested Haleigh?

HOLLARS: That I don`t know.

GRACE: Why would they just throw her in the water?

HOLLARS: I don`t know. (INAUDIBLE) continue to talk to Misty, she`s going to tell me.

GRACE: OK. What is the second version you were told about Haleigh`s death?

HOLLARS: I was told that Misty had knocked her in the head and killed her and that Joe and Tommy got rid of her.

GRACE: Knocked her in the head with what, a cinderblock?

HOLLARS: No, just a piece of wood or something, is the way that it was put to me. But I didn`t believe that when I heard it.

GRACE: Who told you that?

HOLLARS: It come from one of them in Florida, is all I can say.

GRACE: Did they say why Misty would have struck 5-year-old Haleigh?

HOLLARS: No, they didn`t.

GRACE: OK. Ms. Hollars...

HOLLARS: (INAUDIBLE) overdose.

GRACE: What was the first story you were told about Haleigh`s death?

HOLLARS: First thing that I was told was that Joe had killed her. That was the first words that I was told.

GRACE: Why was -- why did he kill her in the first version?

HOLLARS: That I don`t have any idea. I don`t even know whether she was dead when she hit the water or not.

GRACE: Who told you the first version?

HOLLARS: Oh, that may have came from Misty. I`m not sure.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ng.01.html

Strange though ... you'd think if Haleigh was thrown in with the blocks (ugh, hate to even type that), or there was a rope used in any way, they would find something, along with the blocks. So, did someone move or remove anything (evidence?) before the search?

Just thinking out loud. ...

There are alligators, crabs, huge fish in that River. Anyone of those could have taken HaLeigh and scattered her along that river, if there is anything left of her...how terrible to type this. We're talking about a little 5 y/o and innocent 5 y/o...was the hatred for RC that strong to take it out on his child?

Originally Posted by mysticrose
Did you all read the comment from (gypsyann) Kayla,Joe's sister posted this on topix...
it is about the 5th comment down:

IIRC, that reward had an expiration date which I'm sure has passed long ago. I don't know what the reward is as it stands today but this grandmother has turned in all three of her granddchildren, although she leans towards JO more due to his odd behavior when he came back from Florida with his F@@@ it attitude. I meant to send that small clip of cousin JO saying he didn't do it to Dr. Glass, for I see deception all over his face..I feel he is involved but to what extent! Either way, all three should be charged with HaLeigh's murder and let the chips fall where they may! JMHO

Justice for HaLeigh!

I've realized now, that I have to remember ... that the souls of these little angels, are with the Lord after their terrible death, so that it's easier to separate the 'remains' ... from the whole child they were.

So glad God takes them back ... and makes them whole again.

Edited to add: not MUCH easier though. :(

Would be nice to have the audio of this phone call between Nanny and Misty. I mean, like, this morning. Let's hear it.

My boyfriend pours concrete for a living. He knows block like the back of his hand. I'll have to talk to him tonight about this. Good thoughts in this thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back