2010.04.20 - Funeral plans?

This has to be the most frustrating case to follow... Every detail has to be scrutinized under a microscope and I believe because sooooo many of the 'players' are compulsive liars, (and/or covering for one another).

From day 1, every bit of info has to be dissected for authenticity and here we are, over 1 year later, still dissecting each tidbit of info.

FRUSTRATING!
(JMO)

Praying for JUSTICE for little Haleigh

Planning a funeral is not something I would want to stretch out over weeks or months. If someone did put it to the family like, "go ahead and start planning a funeral", that is cruel. Anyone knows that if someone dies, or remains are found that a funeral will occur as soon as possible. It should take a couple of days to a week at most of being completed. Why on earth would anyone suggest to parents to start planning Haleigh's funeral now, even if there are remains that could take weeks to identify. Planning one's child's funeral is not a state I would want to be in limbo in for an extended period of time. That would be excruciatingly painfu.

I was just thinking that redcar. Lord use to if it was in the mainstream, we didn't really question it, now OMG. We have to. But I think we can get caught up in over thinking each little word too, I think banging our heads on the wall would get us farther.

Planning a funeral is not something I would want to stretch out over weeks or months. If someone did put it to the family like, "go ahead and start planning a funeral", that is cruel. Anyone knows that if someone dies, or remains are found that a funeral will occur as soon as possible. It should take a couple of days to a week at most of being completed. Why on earth would anyone suggest to parents to start planning Haleigh's funeral now, even if there are remains that could take weeks to identify. Planning one's child's funeral is not a state I would want to be in limbo in for an extended period of time. That would be excruciatingly painfu.

For the reasons you just stated, I will not be surprised to see a major headline this week that some results are back.

I USED to believe I had a fairly decent brain and could think and analyze etc. Now I feel as if I Don't have any brain cells left. :banghead:

Can news sourses be sued for wrong reporting???

That all depends...a news station/paper/outlet can always give a retraction, then they are in the clear. But I think a source could be sued at least in civil court if there was clear maliciousness involved. YMMV and I am not a lawyer.

Ron's lawyer needs to keep his trap shut - all he does is inflict more pain.

The news article had said it could be weeks/months for DNA and evidence to come back.
I have a feeling that maybe they just found some hair and a couple bones......must prove it is Haleigh's and then that is all Crystal will have of her baby to bury.
There must be something to say funeral and not memorial.
LE keeping all close to vest.
Drives me crazy!!!

Don't you think the search ended way to quickly for them to have found a couple of bones and sent them out for DNA testing? In Caylee's case they were out there forever sifting through an acre of soil. Why in Haleigh's case would they find enough for DNA testing and then call it a day? This case and the reporting on it is the most confusing load of ___________ I have ever seen.

And poor Crystal, if she is planning her funeral how heartbreaking.
And if she isn't and is just reading in the paper that she is, how heartbreaking.

That all depends...a news station/paper/outlet can always give a retraction, then they are in the clear. But I think a source could be sued at least in civil court if there was clear maliciousness involved. YMMV and I am not a lawyer.

Ron's lawyer needs to keep his trap shut - all he does is inflict more pain.

Yep, retraction, an unnamed source, a source close to the case, I am being told, according to a friend of the family, it is being reported...... All of those things say we have not fact checked this but are running with the story anyway. They aren't claiming any of it is true, just that is what they have heard.

I just re-watched that video-- because of KSH's posts insisting that Crystal and family have NOT been told to plan any such thing, I scrutinized the footage. IMO, it's hodgepodge bits and pieces from other events, laced together with Justice Coalition mission statements which have been skewed to represent the Shoey's "news" this week. Bah! :banghead: :banghead: :furious:

Is there no journalistic integrity anywhere anymore? Come on!! Isn't this case sensational enough?!

Playing devil's advocate here........what if Crystal and her family have been asked NOT to tell anyone at this time? And denied it because of that?

Playing devil's advocate here........what if Crystal and her family have been asked NOT to tell anyone at this time? And denied it because of that?

Crystal is the one family member that has said nothing to the press since the meeting.

As much as I hate to say it, we need NG to get ahold of this reporter.

It sounds to me like they found lots of bone-like material on the scene. They have already confirmed to AH alligator and deer bones. Now they have to test the rest.

IDK, I look at it this way. When you start to hear something from more than one "source", I start paying attention to where it may go. I may be totally wrong but the impression I get from the video and the article is that she would be helping Crystal, now we know that if that's the case.....this is separate from Shoemaker all together......KWIM?

If they did in fact find Haleigh's remains would they be released to Crystal since she has custody of Jr & Ron is in jail?

Is it typical for the State Attorney to assist a parent if this is the situation and if so would they be assisting both parents?

IDK, I look at it this way. When you start to hear something from more than one "source", I start paying attention to where it may go. I may be totally wrong but the impression I get from the video and the article is that she would be helping Crystal, now we know that if that's the case.....this is separate from Shoemaker all together......KWIM?

Like maybe a reporter read Shoemaker's comments and actually tried to verify if they were accurate by checking sources? My, how novel ;)

Like maybe a reporter read Shoemaker's comments and actually tried to verify if they were accurate by checking sources? My, how novel ;)

I know it's shocking and I probably should have posted a warning first. :banghead:

This is confusing, because the reporter does say that the family is being assisted in planning for a funeral. Then the SA said (per the reporter) that prosecuting the case will be tough because they don't have a body, so where's the truth ?

If there's no body - wouldn't they be preparing a memorial? The wording is so odd to me, and gives me false hope that Haleigh has actually been found. If they're relying on the bozo-the-clown-clan to confirm Haleigh's passed, I just can't buy it. They are all liars and out to cover each others bottoms.

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500