2010.04.23 Grandma Sykes and Neves Search at the St.John River

Aloha'oe everyone! GMS and TN searching the area in the woods, just a thought? Maybe one of them lost something? I remember the search the day of the wedding wasnt LE searching for "something that could be thrown from a car?" JMHO

You are correct as to the search on the day of the wedding, but the search was along the road shoulders of a twelve mile stretch of Hwy 17 between Buffalo Bluff and Paradise Shores.

The Shell Harbor public boat ramp is off of Hwy 309 which Y's off of Hwy17 in Satsuma.

And BTW, Howdy back at cha, LOL.

One more question please? Was AS searching for Haleighs body before or after she made the statement that she doesn't believe that Haleigh is dead? TIA

ETA: I"m not making accusations, just trying to get a handle on this. Also please excuse my typing today. Not my puter.

I can understand the ireasons family members have when they go to physically search for their loved one who is missing. I really can.

However, why these two ladies? Were they out there alone? How would they know if they saw something of evidentiary value?

Were they looking for something specific? Although I can understand searching and can find no fault in that---if these two were looking for Haleigh---then they had to be thinking they were looking for her body. If that is the case, then that is where my understanding is lost---to find a child's body? These are not stupid women by any means, nor are they ignorant of what happens to a body left to the elements (above or below ground).

What I'm trying to say is that this doesn't seem right. There's something not right about this and I cant' put my finger on it yet.

I am not of the opinion that they were looking for a body. I believe they were searching the woods for something in particular, S Brown mentioned physical evidence...and Law Enforcement were searching the wooded area as well. Time will tell, I hope and pray.

I can't be 100% certain of anyone's involvement....how can any of us? I can only give my perceptions based on their actions and in this particular instance, I wasn't troubled by what they did. If there wasn't a phone call to Law Enforcement first....I might be more troubled....but we just don't know if that did or didn't happen yet.

One more question please? Was AS searching for Haleighs body before or after she made the statement that she doesn't believe that Haleigh is dead? TIA

ETA: I"m not making accusations, just trying to get a handle on this. Also please excuse my typing today. Not my puter.

I understand your point, but I am thinking that to assume she was looking for a body is not probable. I think she was looking for something else.

You're right raisin - So question of the day: How come Gma Sykes is always so sure what they won't find?!

I have no idea, could just be her way of staying in denial, like she currently is. She wants proof, demanding proof even. Not sure how to take that either.

One thing I did take away from this though - Ronnie boy couldn't have repeated his alligator story about Shell Harbour boat ramp to either TN or GGMa Sykes. The reason I say that, give credit where due - TN has gotten off her duff and actually searched for Haleigh. JMO if either one of them had heard this story, not only would they have gone looking for it when told but they would have also been climbing all over LE to do so, or Cobra. I think this location came as a surprise to them both. Which as I said, tells me Ronnie boy hasn't been up front with lots of folks, family, or LE.

TY elle. Now I'm wondering if they found what they were looking for :) This case I tell you, it's just a hot mess! JMHO.

Grandma Hollar's said Ron told Misty he loved her in court. Nobody else reported this.

Makes me really think AS passed this little tidbit to Hollar's in hopes she would relay it to Misty.

I just thought FH's surfing the internet or someone she talks to reads the blogs and she heard about the speculation that Misty was mouthing ILY and she just got it the wrong way around.

It might also have been Misty sharing some wishful thinking in a phone call.

I do remember something along those lines being said just can't remember where at the moment :crazy: Do you recall by any chance? The PI was hired by HaLeigh's mother, Crystal - but would it surprise me to hear that TN played another "snake in the woods game" with this PI too? Not in the least. Matter of fact you've got me thinkin...
Pure speculation on my part but perhaps that's why the PI (Brown) seems to have slipped under a rock right after making his grand television appearance announcing that he solved the case. Maybe he found out (a little PCSO birdie?) he'd been played. IMO, unbenounced to us, someone(s) put the brakes on him and said "Not so fast!" Hate to say this but I think TN can still play Crystal S. like a fiddle - maybe that's whats been keeping her so busy lately; getting in tight with her new bff.
MOO ~

BBM... And Ron C too.. Hopefully, she knows better than to trust either of them...but I'm somewhat concerned she just may still..... JMO

If Hollar's said she was thrown in the water why did AS and TN hunt in the woods?

Why did they search the woods all afternoon, that is a long time. Why would there be anything in the woods I mean why wouldn't everything be in the water?

If Hollar's said she was thrown in the water why did AS and TN hunt in the woods?

Why did they search the woods all afternoon, that is a long time. Why would there be anything in the woods I mean why wouldn't everything be in the water?

A most astute question, Dr. F. Add to this statement: "Somebody's gonna have to prove to me it's a homicide." and .......GGM? TN? What were you doing in them there woods?

Were TN and AS told by Hollar's the cinder block story? I bet they were. I can just hear it now, Joe's lawyer saying TN and AS threw the cinder blocks in the river to frame him.

Did GGMS absolutely know that LE was going have a big search in that area the next day? Or did they go to that area after GH passed onto her the info. from Tommy, without knowing how serious LE would take the information?

I thought it appeared suspicious they would go search there on their own, but I honestly can't say I wouldn't be so desperate after 15 months that I wouldn't do the same.

Hope I am making sense. Running on empty today.

Were TN and AS told by Hollar's the cinder block story? I bet they were. I can just hear it now, Joe's lawyer saying TN and AS threw the cinder blocks in the river to frame him.

...<thud>...

fessel, that line under my avatar ... that's for you.

If I remember correctly LE was also searching the woods in another area the same time as searching the water. Besides I truly believe we have not even heard the tip of the iceberg as to what is going on there. jmo

A cinder block that has been under water and silt for a year will test very differently than a cinder block thrown in a few days ago. JMO

Forensics.....gotta love it.

A cinder block that has been under water and silt for a year will test very differently than a cinder block thrown in a few days ago. JMO

Forensics.....gotta love it.

Let's hope so.

So, lets say that TN and AS actually did put the cinderblocks there to frame JO. ?? Could they have gotten word that there would be a search of that area and realized they had left footprints in the woods there? Might they have gone there "searching" the night before the LE search to cover for their prints being in that area? Can LE differentiate which footprints are older and which are newer?

I don't find it odd that GGS and TN went there. Heck yes I would too. It's been over a year and my grand baby still isn't home, Law Enforcement hasn't been telling me much except "Misty is the key".....(and I don't think she was buying that myself...)

Goodness gracious, remember the San Mateo search involving the Sheffield side of the family? These people just want their granddaughter home and would look wherever anyone told them there might be a lead.....even if it was a pyschic...or a out of town Granny....I think they all just want Haleigh home.

And by the way....Do we know that GGS didn't call LE with the tip from Flora Hollers?

Perhaps "odd" isn't the correct term but it was a softer approach, rather than calling it interfering with an investigation - which it very well may be. Can't wait to find out myself if Gma Sykes really did call and speak with an investigator after her conversation with Gma Hollar, but we'll probably have to wait for an arrest to be made; case documents to be released, to find that out.

As for Gma & TN taking it upon themselves to search, I think it's important first to put it into context and consider the history of/over the past fourteen + months, from the time that HaLeigh was reported missing. I'm not going to type out a timeline covering the past fourteen-month history of the player's actions/events in this case, specifically Ronald's, as that information is readily available on several threads. Suffice it to say that because there still remains much in question in this case, including Ronald's actions and/or inactions, not excluding members of the Cumming's family, should Gma Sykes & Gma Neves be taking it upon themselves to search?
Definately not.

This wasn't a tip whereby someone called claiming that HaLeigh was seen alive somewhere so Gma and TN took the first plane that they could get out because time is of the essence and there was hope that she was alive.

Gma & TN were not searching for a live-HaLeigh in those woods.

MOO ~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back