2010.05.21 Tommy Jailhouse phone calls released: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely chime in on these Croslin/Cummings threads, but I gotta say this:

Those Croslin kids NEVER had a chance. The grandmother Flo is insane; she raised Lisa who, too, never had a chance, never learned to read or write, uses the f word in everyday conversation with all of her children (hope the grandchildren aren't exposed to that too!).

But then there's Hank Croslin Sr. He lays up in a bed all day while Lisa goes out and puts in applications at least TRYING to find a job. Hank just says, "Ain't nobody gonna give me a job here. All I know is drywall. Can't even read. How am i gonna work at a restaurant?"

In EVERY ONE of these tapes, when the kids ask him how he's doing, he moans about "just laying up in bed all day."

Then he has the cajones to dispense this advice: "Only you can help yourself now, Misty."

Hank. Be the man. Get up out of your filthy bed and go look for a job. You can't find a ride? Walk. You're not too good to flip burgers, scrub toilets, do maintenance at a low-rent hotel.

You steal from your daughter-in-law and your grandchildren just so you can have pills to "handle the stress." You wait on checks to come from your children and probably are eating on the state's dollar. Who pays for your and your wife's pills??

Tommy Croslin. Sure he's a liar. He also has no empathy for other people. All he cares about in all of these phone calls is himself. Thank god that his wife had the good sense to take the children away from this clan.

Sure they tell each other that they "love you" all the time, but if you listen when they say it, it's at awkward times, when they want to change the direction of the conversation, or when they're feeling guilty or feeling self-pity.

These people don't love each other. They co-depend on each other. They do NOTHING to show love for each other. When you love someone, you try to make yourself a better person. But this family... they encourage each other to steal, lie, deny. Sure Hank tells Misty and Tommy to come clean, but it's only because finally he's feeling the pressure of the investigation and his kids being in jail. Hard to borrow money from or live with (i.e. sponge off of) your son when he's in jail.

Now... I do feel sorry for this family. But they do nothing to help themselves. They stumble blindly through life, and, whether or not they would have eventually found themselves the subject of a murder investigation, they all were in some kind of trouble anyway.

The only one with a tidbit of sense is Timmy, and that's only because he got the hell out of dodge and took his wife and kids with him. Oh, and Lindsy, too, but she won't be free of them until she's out of Florida.

It's sad. It's tragic. But it was inevitable. Until these people do something to change the trajectory of their lives, they'll always be penniless and in trouble.

Also...one other thing... in one of the tapes between Timmy and Tommy. Timmy said that he would write a letter to Ronald (to express sympathy about Haleigh), but Tommy ALMOST slipped and told him not to. When I heard that, I knew that Tommy's story is not true.

Sorry to write such a long message. I'm going to go back to reading and listening now.

Sorry if this has been answered I only got through first page, can someone tell what Tommy alledgedly saw in van??? TIA!

Sorry if this has been answered I only got through first page, can someone tell what Tommy alledgedly saw in van??? TIA!

Tommy says "her" and never gives a name. It is assumed the 'her' he's referencing is Haleigh, but someone will have to explain to me how it was that he saw Haleigh in the van (with Joe) who was supposedly holding a knife to his throat while he looked into the van.

I don't understand this at all: Why would Tommy be forced to look in the van at knifepoint? If Joe had Haleigh in the van, how is he also outside the van holding this knife? How did it get from Misty having a knife to HER throat, to Tommy having a knife to his?

Tommy says "her" and never gives a name. It is assumed the 'her' he's referencing is Haleigh, but someone will have to explain to me how it was that he saw Haleigh in the van (with Joe) who was supposedly holding a knife to his throat while he looked into the van.

I don't understand this at all: Why would Tommy be forced to look in the van at knifepoint? If Joe had Haleigh in the van, how is he also outside the van holding this knife? How did it get from Misty having a knife to HER throat, to Tommy having a knife to his?

Well, you know how dreams can be Debs. :::all distorted, convoluted, you're here one minute, there the next, this person suddenly turns into that person, you're in a house, then a hotel, then you're not sure where you are:::

Tommy has implicated himself over and over in this case. Why make up a story about a knife and seeing "her" inside the van if you weren't involved at some point in her disappearance? He could have kept his yap shut and fought the drug charges without offering up scenario's to explain why Haleigh Cummings went missing on February 9 2009. He was involved and now he is spinning his involvement to make his role in the evening seem less important, therefore hoping to garner the least punishment for whatever crime was committed against Haleigh that night.

Yeah and what about the part--"he doesn't know I saw her" but yet Joe is holding him there. Because it's all BS just like Tommy said. JMO

Phone call after phone call Tommy keeps on insisting that he needs to talk to his brother, I think his brother knows more than we think.

I rarely chime in on these Croslin/Cummings threads, but I gotta say this:

Those Croslin kids NEVER had a chance. The grandmother Flo is insane; she raised Lisa who, too, never had a chance, never learned to read or write, uses the f word in everyday conversation with all of her children (hope the grandchildren aren't exposed to that too!).

But then there's Hank Croslin Sr. He lays up in a bed all day while Lisa goes out and puts in applications at least TRYING to find a job. Hank just says, "Ain't nobody gonna give me a job here. All I know is drywall. Can't even read. How am i gonna work at a restaurant?"

In EVERY ONE of these tapes, when the kids ask him how he's doing, he moans about "just laying up in bed all day."

Then he has the cajones to dispense this advice: "Only you can help yourself now, Misty."

Hank. Be the man. Get up out of your filthy bed and go look for a job. You can't find a ride? Walk. You're not too good to flip burgers, scrub toilets, do maintenance at a low-rent hotel.

You steal from your daughter-in-law and your grandchildren just so you can have pills to "handle the stress." You wait on checks to come from your children and probably are eating on the state's dollar. Who pays for your and your wife's pills??

Tommy Croslin. Sure he's a liar. He also has no empathy for other people. All he cares about in all of these phone calls is himself. Thank god that his wife had the good sense to take the children away from this clan.

Sure they tell each other that they "love you" all the time, but if you listen when they say it, it's at awkward times, when they want to change the direction of the conversation, or when they're feeling guilty or feeling self-pity.

These people don't love each other. They co-depend on each other. They do NOTHING to show love for each other. When you love someone, you try to make yourself a better person. But this family... they encourage each other to steal, lie, deny. Sure Hank tells Misty and Tommy to come clean, but it's only because finally he's feeling the pressure of the investigation and his kids being in jail. Hard to borrow money from or live with (i.e. sponge off of) your son when he's in jail.

Now... I do feel sorry for this family. But they do nothing to help themselves. They stumble blindly through life, and, whether or not they would have eventually found themselves the subject of a murder investigation, they all were in some kind of trouble anyway.

The only one with a tidbit of sense is Timmy, and that's only because he got the hell out of dodge and took his wife and kids with him. Oh, and Lindsy, too, but she won't be free of them until she's out of Florida.

It's sad. It's tragic. But it was inevitable. Until these people do something to change the trajectory of their lives, they'll always be penniless and in trouble.

Also...one other thing... in one of the tapes between Timmy and Tommy. Timmy said that he would write a letter to Ronald (to express sympathy about Haleigh), but Tommy ALMOST slipped and told him not to. When I heard that, I knew that Tommy's story is not true.

Sorry to write such a long message. I'm going to go back to reading and listening now.

:clap: :clap:

I am NOT saying that I believe Tommy, but I can see how this scenario is possible. The two are standing near the van. Joe is stark raving mad, holding a knife to Tommy's throat. Tommy is facing the van and through a window or open door he spies something wrapped in a blanket inside the van. Maybe he recognizes the blanket, or he sees a little hand or a bit of hair sticking out. Tommy would say that he was too afraid to ask questions. He might say that he didn't know what was going on, didn't even know Haleigh was missing. I could almost buy that story. What I can't buy is why he didn't speak up afterward.

I am NOT saying that I believe Tommy, but I can see how this scenario is possible. The two are standing near the van. Joe is stark raving mad, holding a knife to Tommy's throat. Tommy is facing the van and through a window or open door he spies something wrapped in a blanket inside the van. Maybe he recognizes the blanket, or he sees a little hand or a bit of hair sticking out. Tommy would say that he was too afraid to ask questions. He might say that he didn't know what was going on, didn't even know Haleigh was missing. I could almost buy that story. What I can't buy is why he didn't speak up afterward.

That sounds like a scenario that's possible. My question is the same as yours, if it happened that way, why didn't Tommy speak up?
Another thing, LE has already questioned JO. If he was a suspect, wouldn't he be sitting in jail now?

ITA and it sounds as if he also was embarrassed by his wife (re going back to MI) and yet stayed with her. Sounds like he is a flawed and now broken man. I really believe he loves his children, did the best he knew how and is living a life of hell. I also believe he wants his kids to tell the truth as he REALLY wants the right thing for Haleigh no matter who it implicates. I think he suspects Misty is involved for certain and maybe Tommy too.

ITA You guys just said exactly what I think and feel about Hank. It's so sad and I think anyone who sits and judges or criticizes him need to appreciate the fact that he wants truth and tries hard to tell them to say what they know. As disgusted as I have been at certain other parents for blatantly enabling a baby killer, I am GRATEFUL Hank is around in this one. :(

Phone call after phone call Tommy keeps on insisting that he needs to talk to his brother, I think his brother knows more than we think.

I find that very strange. It's so annoying listening cause it seems everytime Hank says anything Tommy cuts him off with wanting to talk to TiC and they aren't even talking about Tim. It's driving me nuts wondering wth that's all about. Also why can't they call their lawyers? He keeps saying he wants to talk to his lawyer so why does he need someone else to call HIS LAWYER? TIA

I find that very strange. It's so annoying listening cause it seems everytime Hank says anything Tommy cuts him off with wanting to talk to TiC and they aren't even talking about Tim. It's driving me nuts wondering wth that's all about. Also why can't they call their lawyers? He keeps saying he wants to talk to his lawyer so why does he need someone else to call HIS LAWYER? TIA

BBM. IMO, it's all about his obsession with Lindsy. At that point, Lindsy wouldnt answer the phone/talk to anyone in the family besides Timmy & Chelsea. He's desperate to talk to her.

IMO Tommy was trying to get HankSR to understand it is TiC that he (hank) should be thinking of...
I think it is TiC that LE should be thinking of... oh yeah, they had a 14 hour interview with Tic/CC .. maybe LE IS thinking of TiC, and THAT is why the public sees little of TiC/CC.

Well, you know how dreams can be Debs. :::all distorted, convoluted, you're here one minute, there the next, this person suddenly turns into that person, you're in a house, then a hotel, then you're not sure where you are:::

STOP CRACKING ME UP!!! ROFLMAO. I can't take all this humor. tx

I think ToC needs to get ahold of his brother because his parents are just not understanding what he's trying to tell them. IMO he is trying to tell them is that he has been working with LE to get the Joe story out there--"doing what he has to do to go home". He can't say it out loud because LE will be releasing the tape to the public. He keeps trying to tell them the story is all BS but HC Sr just isn't comprehending. He's hoping brother Ti will understand the hints he's giving him so he can reassure his parents and call them and explain--on a call that won't be heard by everyone. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500