2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing a story about a new filing on any other Portland sites...do we know for sure something was filed today? Or is this a story that only refers to the earlier court business? I can't tell...

They have the baby listed as almost two, and she is past two, so it seems to be a reprint of an old article...

Again, it sure speaks volumes if she's not willing to fight for her rights to her baby daughter.

~JMO~

"She can't take the stand, she can't be deposed, she can't present evidence that the police won't give her," Bobzien said. "So her position at the end is let's keep the status quo, but she's screaming at everybody 'I want you to know I'd like to see my daughter, but it's not in my daughter's best interest.' <snipped>

http://www.kval.com/news/local/112506339.html

And again I am left saying Wow, not in my happy voice. Because of this quote from the end of the article:

Personal information at issue: "...Further, Petitioner chose to attach to his affidavit deeply personal text messages [WARNING: These texts contain explicit content] between Respondent and a mutual friend of the parties." As an aside, Terri's Nov. 2 filing of this document comes the same day that a site that looks into disappearance cases raised questions about the sender and recipient of those messages. This new court filing seems to confirm Kaine Horman's contentions.

This case gets messier and messier but without getting closer to a resolution.

Again, it sure speaks volumes if she's not willing to fight for her rights to her baby daughter.

~JMO~

She threw her own son away a year ago. She got rid of Kyron six months ago. Baby K's time would have eventually run out...she'd have done something to crimp Terri's style, and then she, too, would have been just as dispensable as her half siblings.

snip
Terri cannot possibly fight for custody without stating her case, which could jeopardize her right against self incrimination. HMMM:waitasec:

That's exactly what I thought!!! Her constant references to the 5th are really telling and equally disturbing. She would rather give up on Baby K (I am by no means supportive of her having visitation, though) than to tell the truth about Kyron and where she really was that fateful day!!!! UUggggghhhhh!!

She threw her own son away a year ago. She got rid of Kyron six months ago. Baby K's time would have eventually run out...she'd have done something to crimp Terri's style, and then she, too, would have been just as dispensable as her half siblings.

I have absolutely no doubt that you are correct Puf. Thank heavens Kaine quickly intervened after Kyron's disappearance and got that precious little girl away from this woman or she too would have ended up being another statistic.

~JMO~

I read both and I can't find any difference between the two. It looks like a reprint. I wonder why they did that? Slow news day? LE request? Strange.

I would like to see a direct quote from her attoney or herself saying the reason this was done was so she didn't incriminate herself, not some reporter or outside attorneys opinion of such.

puf, how so? This is just a reprint of an old article. What was slipped by anyone?

I read both and I can't find any difference between the two. It looks like a reprint. I wonder why they did that? Slow news day? LE request? Strange.

It is quite strange, unless maybe they were updating links to the attachments?

The only difference I can spot is in the very last item:
Cached version:
Personal information at issue: "...Further, Petitioner chose to attach to his affidavit deeply personal text messages [WARNING: These texts contain explicit content] between Respondent and a mutual friend of the parties." As an aside, Terri's Nov. 2 filing of this document comes the same day that Blink on Crime, a site that looks into disappearance cases, raised questions about the sender and recipient of those messages. This new court filing seems to confirm both.

New version:
Personal information at issue: "...Further, Petitioner chose to attach to his affidavit deeply personal text messages [WARNING: These texts contain explicit content] between Respondent and a mutual friend of the parties." As an aside, Terri's Nov. 2 filing of this document comes the same day that a site that looks into disappearance cases raised questions about the sender and recipient of those messages. This new court filing seems to confirm Kaine Horman's contentions.

The only thing I see is that 'Blink on Crime, a site that..' was changed to remove the site name.

I believe the outside lawyers wvjules were basing their legal opinions on the public legal documents that were filed. Bunches filings can be accessed so you can form your own opinion though. I wasn't able to copy & paste from the original documents, but I found most in the awesome reference forum at W/S, it is all there for the reading.

I wonder if the judge's retirement was sudden; you'd think he would have known, when he postponed the case to January that he would not be there to try it. Unless he took ill, it seems he would have made arrangements to give up the case last fall. If he is the reason for the delay, when it could be one of the lawyers, of course. Still, you would think the judge would have said he was retiring?

I have read the story 3 times carefully, and cannot find any reference to Judge Meisenheimer retiring. Can you tell me what I am missing?

I guess if I was contemplating retirement, having this case to decide would tend to nudge me toward getting out before Jan. 6th.

Well, that is very interesting. I wonder why the Oregonian article did not mention the retirement? Hmm. I guess we can see why the hearing was postponed, then!

Are judges appointed in Portland? Don't they have to be voted in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member