2010.07.07 - Ann Rule weighs in

Did Ann Rule want a book deal?
or did she give info on how to find KYRON?
Was she helping LE out for inside info on TH???

It has also been documented that TH sent an email to K's teacher (about the time she was posting the Science Fair pic on FB) to ask when the science projects needed to be picked up from school.

Has this been documented? Because last time I asked about it, I was directed to this post stating it is a myth - [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5418297&postcount=6"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kyron Horman Case - Myth Busters - *LIST ONLY * NO DISCUSSION *[/ame]

It does not appear she is working with LE...just interested in the story...

I'm sure that initial call about a book is a difficult one to make. I always figured the call would come in much later in the case, though. I agree with the person who said this was ghoulish. :(

Originally Posted by gliving View Post
Ann Rule Called the Hormans Within a Week of Kyron’s Disappearance

Not that big of a deal, but doesn't the headline say two weeks?

Good eye Jo, I copied and pasted that from the site. I guess they've changed the headline in the mean time.

Thanks.

This article says Desiree confirmed receiving a call about the case within two weeks after the disappearance which would no longer qualify as a rumor...However, she did not specifically mention AR wanting to write a book- the news station reported that AR is waiting for an outcome before deciding if she wants to write a book.

Trying to be open minded, hoping that AR offered assistance because as a huge fan of hers for many years I would be horrified to find out she was such a vulture...Obviously she does not need the money from a new book...so if she called for any reason other than to assist someone with her vast resources and connections in LE in this area I would have to say the only other reason would be totally narcissistic and I would hate to think that as I've always thought she's been fairly victim friendly and compassionate in her writings...

Just remember it's the timing of a newspaper article. They need to sell newspapers & a little bit of spice makes money.
My thoughts are does Ann Rule know something more about the case ,from LE or people close to it & was she just giving condolences or support??Now that makes me nervous.

I read the Willamette Week article and I thought the title of the article was misleading. My impression is that Ann Rule called Desiree and talked to her since Desiree is specifically mentioned in the article. Where does the article say that Ann talked to Kaine or Terri? Desiree's last name isn't Horman so just who are the Hormans (plural) that the article title is referring to?

If it does turn out that Terri murdered or somehow is responsible for Kyron's disappearance or death then I wish that Ann Rule would write a book about this case.

Author, Former Deputy Weigh In On Kyron Case
August 13, 2010

Attorney and former sheriff's captain Bruce McCain helped host Friday's four-hour radio special on KPAM and said resolution in the case could be far off.

Crime writer Ann Rule, who has written about Ted Bundy and Diane Downs, joined the discussion and said the Horman case is puzzling. She and McCain said odds are against someone holding the boy for 10 weeks

Story and video at link

http://www.kptv.com/news/24628356/detail.html

Hi All, Watching KOIN News just now at !!pm I found myself squealing with glee and running like a Gazelle to my 'puter. :dance:

Ann Rule was in Portland today. The reporter stated Ann told her she has been watching Kyron's case very carefully. And then something like if the case works out {like she expects} Kyron's case might be the subject of her next book. !!!

That's just the jist of it as I wasn't prepared to write it down word for word and got so plum excited. Pretty close I think.

xox

ETA: This was what Ann was commenting on, the Diane Downs Parole Board hearing on Dec 10th. She said Diane will never be paroled. Then she must have talked to the reporter about Kyron's case: http://blogs.wweek.com/news/tag/diane-downs/

The second article down entitled How Long Could It Take to Close the Kyron Horman Case? Ask Diane Downs. Thursday July 15th, 2010, was a most interesting read 4 months later, learning Ann is interested in writing about Kyron's case. I bet she's already got the first few chapters outlined. Ya Ya

Awesome! I love Ann Rule! She wrote another book about a murder that happened in Portland-Dead before Sunset.

Awesome! I love Ann Rule! She wrote another book about a murder that happened in Portland-Dead before Sunset.

Hi Gwenabob, Yes, that was mentioned. I'll have to go read about the book, but wasn't he a SK?

ETA: WOW, That hits close to home as the fire station is within walking distance from where I live. The whole book can be read on the cumputer - I am amazed ! Thanks Gwenabob xox

Hi Gwenabob, Yes, that was mentioned. I'll have to go read about the book, but wasn't he a SK?

ETA: WOW, That hits close to home as the fire station is within walking distance from where I live. The whole book can be read on the cumputer - I am amazed ! Thanks Gwenabob xox

Not to go toooo OT, but in reading Ann Rule books I started to develop a fear of the Northwest!! Yikes!!

Not to go toooo OT, but in reading Ann Rule books I started to develop a fear of the Northwest!! Yikes!!

We definitely have our "true crime novel" fodder around here. Then the lesser players: Tonya Harding, etc...you can't make this stuff up! Maybe there's something in the water.

there was a lot of information coming out at the time and they were really putting the pressure on TH to come forward. I thought at the time that is why AR said that there would be a break in the case. I think she was doing LE a favor and that is all it was.

We definitely have our "true crime novel" fodder around here. Then the lesser players: Tonya Harding, etc...you can't make this stuff up! Maybe there's something in the water.

bbm

More likely all the rain...lol! :)

I don't see anything wrong with Ann Rule calling Desiree. She's from the state, knows many in LE, and just may know someone connected to Tony. She's former LE, well known, and could offer support or maybe even help, but if she were to eventually write a book then Desiree might be the one to talk to in the beginning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daz1975
Back