2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Baez's secretary may have forgotten to tell him the call was being recorded.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :crazy:

07/15/2010 Defense Motion For Protective Order for Phone Call of Robin Lunceford
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4721155...ctive-Order-for-Phone-Call-of-Robin-Lunceford

Thanks so much for a getting a copy of the motion for us Muzikman.

I really want to hear this phone call just to hear Baez talk when he doesn't have a camera on him.

But Baez is not RL's lawyer, so why would it be considered confidential? And shouldn't one expect that the call is recorded if it comes from a jail/prison ?

Or did Baez just never expect the SA to come across the recording?

Thanks MM!

A felony? Work product? Really! So what are the chances we'll get to hear it?:dance:

Good question. Does it count if the secretary hears it is being recorded, but forgets to tell the attorney when she forwards the call???

I would LOVE to hear this, of course. But kind of doubt that we will.

What is interesting, and hypocritical, is that they want the Joe Jordan recording - with their own investigator - UNSEALED, but of course want to SEAL anything Baez says. :waitasec:

Good question. Does it count if the secretary hears it is being recorded, but forgets to tell the attorney when she forwards the call???

I would LOVE to hear this, of course. But kind of doubt that we will.

What is interesting, and hypocritical, is that they want the Joe Jordan recording - with their own investigator - UNSEALED, but of course want to SEAL anything Baez says. :waitasec:

I'm not sure,but isn't it true that
calls from prisons are NOT to be
transferred to another party?

This may be where Baez gets in
trouble,he should know the routine.:waitasec:

Let me see. Baez wants CJPerry to believe that a correctional institution "illegally recorded" an inmate's phone call. :banghead:

Kathi just skewered this motion, kind of, in a 5:30 report.

Not sure yet, but the Baez call may have been recorded as part of a criminal investigation that was happening on Robin; apparently she has made other calls to unauthorized parties by having the calls forwarded.

She could get no more information because of the ongoing criminal investigation into Robin.

Also, don't know if it's online yet: Kathi asks Baez about this, and he seems to be hanging his hat on using Robin to discredit the other inmates. Even though ROBIN's history while in jail is seriously suspect!!!! The list of offenses she has commited while in prison - lncluding lying a number of times - is verrrry long.

Yeah, I noticed the giant hole in the middle of this motion where JB fails to explain WHY the recording was illegal. I'm sure his secretary heard the usual recorded message at the beginning of the call and just failed to pass on that info to JB.

There is no way JB would want to block this call if it was just the prisoner telling him that the other jail informants were lying. He would be THRILLED for that info to get out into the public. IMO there is something else--most likely JB said something that either (1) makes him look like a fool, or (2) suggested approval of something that would not be strictly legal. We know JB is not above skirting around the jail rules.

Not sure yet, but the Baez call may have been recorded as part of a criminal investigation that was happening on Robin; apparently she has made other calls to unauthorized parties by having the calls forwarded.

She could get no more information because of the ongoing criminal investigation into Robin.

Also, don't know if it's online yet: Kathi asks Baez about this, and he seems to be hanging his hat on using Robin to discredit the other inmates. Even though ROBIN's history while in jail is seriously suspect!!!! The list of offenses she has commited while in prison - lncluding lying a number of times - is verrrry long.

How can a lawyer not know calls from prison are being recorded? Oh yeah, it's JB.

When I call 800 numbers that record you hear a beep in the background to let you know the call is being recorded. I wonder if there is some kind of sound marker indicating the call is being recorded.

Yeah, I noticed the giant hole in the middle of this motion where JB fails to explain WHY the recording was illegal. I'm sure his secretary heard the usual recorded message at the beginning of the call and just failed to pass on that info to JB.

There is no way JB would want to block this call if it was just the prisoner telling him that the other jail informants were lying. He would be THRILLED for that info to get out into the public. IMO there is something else--most likely JB said something that either (1) makes him look like a fool, or (2) suggested approval of something that would not be strictly legal. We know JB is not above skirting around the jail rules.

Thanks AZ!!!! You rock! I had not even thought of it that way! That makes sense, as he doesn't even want the STATE to listen to the call. And why would he tell some random prisoner that he has never talked to before any confidential details about Casey's case? He wouldn't. (well, it is Baez.... lol)

Another nail on the head, I think. :)

This is the story just posted:

http://www.wftv.com/news/24288435/detail.html

Are these jailbirds really considered "key" witnesses?
New Witness In Case Against Casey Anthony

snipped:

Robin Lunceford is in for life and this isn't the first time she's inserted herself into a high-profile criminal case.

Lunceford claims she can discredit key state witnesses, Baez said.

Lunceford was a career criminal and is under criminal investigation at the prison where she's in for life. Baez claims the prison wrongly recorded their phone conversation so he wants it to be sealed.

Reading around the net, seems this Robin Lunceford called Jose Baez to tell him Maya Derkovich made up what she said about ICA to get transferred to Lowell...FWIW!

so I'm under the impression RL had no conversations with ICA herself but called ICA's attorney to inform him of her suspicions...

Justice for Caylee

Hoping this is okay, mods/staff....just trying to understand how this woman fits into the picture with Caylee..JMHO

Wouldn't that be like triple hearsay?

Are these jailbirds really considered "key" witnesses?
New Witness In Case Against Casey Anthony

snipped:

Robin Lunceford is in for life and this isn't the first time she's inserted herself into a high-profile criminal case.

Lunceford claims she can discredit key state witnesses, Baez said.

Lunceford was a career criminal and is under criminal investigation at the prison where she's in for life. Baez claims the prison wrongly recorded their phone conversation so he wants it to be sealed.

He is unbelievable! I can't wait to listen to it.. Baez opens mouth, inserts
foot again.
If she made a call to him, then she has no expectation of privacy, right? And if he is not her Atty then there is no privilege the Jail would need to steer clear of, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard