2010.08.30 - Status Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that, too!!!

I nearly passed out....I cannot believe they still haven't viewed the TES docs... That has to be what this is about...dontcha think????

They were very rude at the end just before Mason said it, both of them standing up inching away.

They were very rude at the end just before Mason said it, both of them standing up inching away.

Sounds like they couldn't get what they wanted, so in true schoolyard fashion, "We're going to meet with a magistrate!" Like there's a "Well" on the front of that. Like this was a waste of their time today. Like they're going to do something important now, or get something important done now. Got to act all huffy like they weren't just spanked in the courtroom several times. What a freaking waste the both of them are.

Asking about who EG is now on In Session. Brought up "Zanny the Nanny". Here we go Erica, run.

Snipped:

I think the problem with Cheney is threefold:

1. He has a good old boy accent

That's not the problem I'm having understanding him. I speak Good Ole Boy fluently! I do, however, have a heckuva time understanding one word coming out of his mouth, so options 2 and 3 no doubt contribute to it. Maybe, as a person with a recognized hearing impairment, I'LL request a signer under ADA so those of us with bona fide disabilities can understand his "senior citizen" self.

Snipped:

That's not the problem I'm having understanding him. I speak Good Ole Boy fluently! I do, however, have a heckuva time understanding one word coming out of his mouth, so options 2 and 3 no doubt contribute to it. Maybe, as a person with a recognized hearing impairment, I'LL request a signer under ADA so those of us with bona fide disabilities can understand his "senior citizen" self.

*claps loudly* I work for the Dept of Rehabilitation Services in Oklahoma. I was insulted on behalf of the people with real disabilities that I serve everyday. How DARE he act like he can't work on this case when he has no real disability. Bringing in the ADA was SUCH a low thing for him to do. What a classless, tasteless, disgusting thing to do, even as a joke.

Maybe they are finally looking at the TES papers.

unbelievable that they haven't already. no excuse for it. to quote them they're "trying to save someone's life" for crimeys sake.

In Session closing now, a day of KC. Jean C. on In-Session said this hearing today could taint jury pool as school is not in today and people home w/their children might have been watching today

I just want to say -

I have seen a lot of judges in my job, but Judge Perry may be my favorite ever. He is FAIR to BOTH sides. He tells them what he expects, gives them latitude to take care of things, BUT he can see a sorry excuse immediately and cuts them off at the knees. I think should either side attempt to 'push the envelope' any further to the edge, it would be very, very foolish.

This case will go to trial in May. I'd bet my last dollar on it. The defense better get their act together and fast.

30 depos in one day? :floorlaugh: Well, CM better figure out a way. He postured loud enough, thats for sure.

Judge says he knows of a case that the defense brought in a confession on the day of the trial. Was not allowed to use it. Hint to Casey? Don't wait until the last minute.
No Perry Mason moment for you!!!:snooty::gavel::whip2::nono:

I saw about two minutes of this hearing, where Judge Perry was offering to schedule depositions for them if they could not do it themselves- so I guess I missed a lively discussion after that? Were the A's there today?

In Session closing now, a day of KC. Jean C. on In-Session said this hearing today could taint jury pool as school is not in today and people home w/their children might have been watching today

seriously?? and they pay her to talk?
wow.

I just loved, loved, loved listening to his Honor talk about working nights, weekends, etc. to 'get it done'. Knowing that JB isn't getting any more money (right now) and that CM is doing this pro bono just makes me do a little happy dance when I think about all the hours they will have to put in (They ARE going to start working on this at some point, aren't they?). Did you see JB's face when LDB mentioned another 300 pages or so of discovery? I loved every minute of this hearing because JB just came face to face with the fact that not only is he going to have to start acting like a defense attorney but that he isn't going to be getting any money for doing it :dance:

Today was a good day just because of this!

I saw about two minutes of this hearing, where Judge Perry was offering to schedule depositions for them if they could not do it themselves- so I guess I missed a lively discussion after that? Were the A's there today?

I was late tuning in too, ZsaZsa. But, I did not see them and the gallery was pretty sparse. Not too many there today.

I just want to say -

I have seen a lot of judges in my job, but Judge Perry may be my favorite ever. He is FAIR to BOTH sides. He tells them what he expects, gives them latitude to take care of things, BUT he can see a sorry excuse immediately and cuts them off at the knees. I think should either side attempt to 'push the envelope' any further to the edge, it would be very, very foolish.

This case will go to trial in May. I'd bet my last dollar on it. The defense better get their act together and fast.

30 depos in one day? :floorlaugh: Well, CM better figure out a way. He postured loud enough, thats for sure.

Agreed. This speaks volumes to me LOUD and CLEAR that ICA really needs to consider that plea deal and real soon .... the Defense are way out of their depth and taking this to trial is a mistake ..... a huge mistake!

I just loved, loved, loved listening to his Honor talk about working nights, weekends, etc. to 'get it done'. Knowing that JB isn't getting any more money (right now) and that CM is doing this pro bono just makes me do a little happy dance when I think about all the hours they will have to put in (They ARE going to start working on this at some point, aren't they?). Did you see JB's face when LDB mentioned another 300 pages or so of discovery? I loved every minute of this hearing because JB just came face to face with the fact that not only is he going to have to start acting like a defense attorney but that he isn't going to be getting any money for doing it :dance:

Today was a good day just because of this!

Yes . . . . . a wake up call for JB.

Stop the games and delays -- posturing is what JB does best and -- focus. JB does not like to focus and get real work done. Now is the time for some real work.

If you want to play ... the role of Defense ... you have to pay, and do some work.

Maybe not there, but my daughter's been back in school for a week already!

No they weren't there. TruTV's pre-hearing coverage announced that their lawyers had already stated they would not attend today. Marinade Dave walked in a few minutes late. I was glad to see the camera pointed at the prosecution side for a change.

I DVR'd TruTV from 9am - 3pm and just now watched the earlier coverage. Around 9:30 they had Brad Conway on, and again he was spinning it. He actually said Cindy was never the one anyone near the car, so it was George that told her about the smell. He never mentioned that she cleaned it out, so of course she was near it.

Thanks so much to everyone that gave a run-down of todays hearing. Real Life kept me hopping today and the TV stations constant buffering wouldn't allow me to listen. You guys are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz