2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Lisa testify on Tommy's behalf when he was sentenced?

If she would just tell the truth and say where Haleigh is she could probably walk right out of this...well maybe probation and a diversion program but I really believe if she would just tell the truth it would set her free...in more ways than one!
I don't think anything is gonna set Misty free, now. It's too late. She's going to the pen.

Misty probably does have PTSD, keep in mind there is someone in jail (his name is escaping me) for assaulting her when she was 13. He is still in prison.

IMO Misty is the product of her environment...she is what she grew up with...look at her family...it's a mess.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=170750&catid=3

BBM:

Today Circuit Court Judge Wendy Berger is presiding; the first witness was FBI investigator Travis Smith.

Smith said Croslin told undercover agents she could get could get another 30 pills soon and that she had four sources for drugs. She also promised to buy 50 percoset, Smith said adding that she did all the calling and transactions with the FBI.

A threat of blackmail doesn't have to involve the truth. It could have been a threat to make up a story that would incriminate Misty.

These people are drug users. They're really desperate.

Travis Smith is the nail in Misty's jail sentence, imo.

Of course she did all of the calling/transactions... haven't they ever heard of a runner??

A threat of blackmail doesn't have to involve the truth. It could have been a threat to make up a story that would incriminate Misty.

Hm, I'm not sure i'd be nervous if someone blackmailed me with a lie.

IMO Misty is the product of her environment...she is what she grew up with...look at her family...it's a mess.

We are all a productive of our environments.
99% of the people in prison are from deeply dysfunctional homes.

I can empathize with being dealt a bad hand in life.
She is still responsible for what she has made out of it at this point.
I think it should have no influence on her sentencing.

Don't care about her past personally.

If they were lining up witnesses to discuss how helpful she has been in the investigation, how much counseling she has had to seek to deal with grief surrounding Haleigh, and how she has sought out all services available to her in county for substance abuse and education I think that would be valid..... but this is the Cumming/Croslin clan and there is no testimony about that. Just about how life has been hard for them so they shouldn't be responsible for their actions.

Doesn't move me in the least.
But I am jaded.... I can accept that <smile>

Dang, I don't smoke or knit! Does that mean I need to break out the beer?

I got Rolling Rock, anybody want one?

PTSD? An insult to those who truly suffer from PTSD!

I know Vietnam vets that have PTSD all these many years later. Misty may have had horrible negligent parents and made crap choices but she should hardly suffer from PTSD. How about Post Traumatic Choice Disorder? That's more like it.

Sounds like with the agent on the stand she's going to get a nice full sentence. Maybe I need to go vacuum some more and come back!

You have Lisa blackmailing Misty for pills, you have Tommy stealing Hanks pills, You have Ron giving Hank a pill that about killed him..This is a damn mess and was an accident waiting to happen with either Haleigh, Jr or any of Lindsay and Chelsea's kids this is sickening.

ITA redhead, while I believe Misty had a tough upbringing it doesn't garner her any sympathy with me. It does give e a lot of insight into who she is as an adult tho.

Blackmailed with what????? I sure hope someone has the presence of mind to pose that question to Mrs Croslin.

That sounds as if the item being used for blackmail may have some relevance to Haleigh's disappearance at least the way its worded.

Where Misty had been the weekend before?
How drugged out she was?
Things she had confided in mom about regarding her relationship with Ron.

A drug addict mother is not someone you want in possession of your teenage secrets. They will use your pain against you when it is convenient.

Lisa is a pathetic woman.

I know Vietnam vets that have PTSD all these many years later. Misty may have had horrible negligent parents and made crap choices but she should hardly suffer from PTSD. How about Post Traumatic Choice Disorder? That's more like it.

Sounds like with the agent on the stand she's going to get a nice full sentence. Maybe I need to go vacuum some more and come back!

She was molested, a man went to jail for molesting her. That could certainly cause a person to have PTSD.

How drugged out she was?

A drug addict mother is not someone you want in possession of your teenage secrets. They will use your pain against you when it is convenient.

BBM-
I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

How drugged out she was?

Agreed 100%

bbm :back::tipsy::Jumpie: yes please............(know I shouldn't consier since I am on pain meds....but...)--gotta say I haven't followed this as closely as Caylee BUT kudos to all of you for sticking to this!!!!!! the passion! If only those who could have---should have......:sick:.....You all are great! What is a court case without WS?????

Hm, I'm not sure i'd be nervous if someone blackmailed me with a lie.

I would...especially if I thought that lie would be believed by many...due to my current situation involving a dead child.....and being the "key" in the investigation.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici