2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE=lonetraveler;5665947]Naaaaaaa, Granny found out that it didn't set the metal detectors off when she took it to Tommy's sentencing, LOL.[/QUOTE]

:smiley4:

I wonder how much in love with Ron Misty still is after the sentencing? I hope she realizes that he isn't going to wait for her to get out of prison, and I also hope that she has finally figured out that Ron got her into this mess.

If Misty isn't responsible for whatever happened to HaLeigh, she should speak up NOW with truthful information. If not, this Judge has essentially blamed Misty for HaLeigh's demise, and Misty alone is going to take the rap. jmo

You are right! The judge has essestially blamed Misty (and tried her, IMO) for Haleigh's demise, without Misty even being charged for Haleigh's death. Granny probably winked at the judge as soon as he gave the sentence.

This is just my opinion here but this judge tried the Haleigh case once again. How legal is that? How many 18 year old first offenders get a "life" sentence for dealing a few prescription pills? Unfreakenbelievable! Haleigh's case can now go to the closed files because the SA very likely feels that he has any and all perps in prison and he can now wash his hands of it and go on with other cases. I know that there are some of you who are celebrating but I can't. This girl, no matter what we know about the Haleigh case, should have been judged fairly for what a teen, first time offender has done and not for what some people feel is fair for another case where absolutely no one has even been charged. I want the person or persons responsible for Haleigh's death to be charged with that crime and tried for that crime, period. I don't want nor do I accept a substitute mock trial or sentence imposed just because the case was botched to begin with..........totally disgusting.

Well, mandatory is a black and white word.

She received the "mandatory" minimum. Maybe some statements from the Judge or Prosecutors will help resolve the issue or questions of why she did not qualify for the young offender sentence.

I'm happy with the sentence and I still believe one day the truth about what happened to Haleigh will come out.

I'm keen to hear what Crystal thinks of the sentence and if she believes it is just thus far. I just keep thinking of Crystal at this time and the pain she is suffering.

I wonder why the news site is changing it.

Here is the original words.

"The FBI" doesn't go along with what Judge Berger replied to her.

"I wouldn't be here if they didn't come at me... I'm not a drug dealer," Croslin responded.

Berger disagreed. She pointed at Haleigh's family in the courtroom. "They're here because of Haleigh, you're here because of drugs."
Croslin also asked to be sentenced as a youthful offender. "I'm so young, I have a lot of life ahead of me...."

"But you like the money?" said Berger. "Yes," Croslin responded.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...=m1fasXvFwWFhIWellmwk64tG8gXe10fmV/IfW4xWdU4=

Needed to clarify who she meant by "they."

I haven't been following this case for a long time, but can anyone explain why Ron got a lighter sentence than Misty? They seemed equally culpable to me in the drug charges and video. Did he seem more contrite?

And ITA on it being no victory for Haleigh.

Misty has the most drug charges against her.

It is obvious to me that LE thought she was the ring leader.

IMO

Ahhhhh...my mother grew up dirt poor...no one knew her real birthday either...she dropped out of high school...and you couldn't have met a more loving, generous, and law abiding citizen.

Nancy Grace was dirt poor. Hell, I'm dirt poor, but I am a college professor and directing my children to become educated, and contributing citizens. Poor is no excuse.

Misty has the most drug charges against her.

It is obvious to me that LE thought she was the ring leader.

IMO

I haven't been following this case for a long time, but can anyone explain why Ron got a lighter sentence than Misty? They seemed equally culpable to me in the drug charges and video. Did he seem more contrite?

And ITA on it being no victory for Haleigh.

No, actually Ron got less time because he made a deal on HIS daughters death..basically sold Haleigh out to save his own *advertiser censored*. Let's get real here. That is exactly what he did.

She may lose some sympathy after taking that stand today.

This feels like "settling", and it's a sad day when a murdered child has to "settle" for justice.

I just don't see it like that. I still have faith in the police that they will be able to resolve this case and bring Haleigh home.

Misty can still deal. Prisoners make deals all the time to reduce their sentences. I have high hopes for Misty as she is now at the end of that hallway, maybe she will finally see the light.

I just wish someone was doing serious time for what they did to Haleigh and not because they sold less than 400 dollars worth of pills.

Needed to clarify who she meant by "they."

That is probably it.

The FBI agents were sitting there and Misty may have looked out at them when she was trying to blame her own wrongdoings on Haleigh's case.

IMO

Teresa Neves should be just bursting with pride right now, don't you know?

I just wish someone was doing serious time for what they did to Haleigh and not because they sold less than 400 dollars worth of pills.

I do too Donjeta. I feel like this is a sad day for Haleigh because now her case will be swept under the rug as if she never existed. No one will be charged and tried for her death.

Yep! And what Haleigh is getting, nothing!:furious: Sad...what a sad, sad, day for Haleigh! Again, what did LE accomplish with putting Misty behind bars for the rest of her life from what it will end up to be IMO, letting Ron slide again, and giving Hope and Donna 15yrs. And as for Tommy, heck I don't know what to think about that boy anymore. I almost just want to walk away, and feel that is what is wanted in the case for people to just give up, walk away and forget that the reason we are all here is for Haleigh and all this other BS got in the way of finding her and the truth! :cow:

JUSTICE! They could be selling to children. They committed a crime. Why are people sympathetic to a girl that will never fly right.

You are right! The judge has essestially blamed Misty (and tried her, IMO) for Haleigh's demise, without Misty even being charged for Haleigh's death. Granny probably winked at the judge as soon as he gave the sentence.

Probably. But what can anyone do? Misty if she doesn't know the truth needed to convince LE of that in some way. She has to admit to not being there, or leaving the kids alone, or passing out. She had to retract her lies.

If LE didn't believe anything she said about Ronald, then she should have been doing interviews, invited the national media in and told them her story. She had to call the FBI in and make enough noise so that if anything is wrong within PC the truth was told. The fact that she did not, tells me whatever happened she was a part of.

She opened the door, all 5 of them, for this type of swift justice without a trial or every being charged with Haleigh's death. They had to know they were being watched. Every time they took a breath LE was on top of them.

I'm not sure what I feel right now. I want answers. Will time in jail for all of them get those answers? No I doubt it. I fear this is the end of the Haleigh Story.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/25325313/detail.html

Prosecutors said she could qualify for a reduced sentence as a youthful offender, since she was 17 at the time of the crime, which could reduce her sentence to between six and 25 years.

I'm confused....again.....what does this mean? Can her sentence be changed after today's hearing? Are they saying that she still has a chance to reduce her sentence? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80