2010.12.10 - Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

Either he is busy all day Friday until 5pm OR yes, I agree Judge Perry is sending a message.

Judge Perry keeps repeating that if things do not progress he will schedule to his liking, he will chose the day and time and evenings/ weekends are not off limits...

I think it's both. His schedule is legitimately that busy. But given that it is that busy, well then it is specifically this case or these attorneys that will be given that undesired and inconvenient nights and weekends slot in order to bring the point home that time is running out. the judge is not going to inconvenience other trial teams or other cases because this crew cannot get it together, or cannot follow the most basic orders and the clear intent of those orders, that the judge issues.

:waitasec:
Didn't Cheney already complain about this at one of the Hearings?

Then Ashton stood up and told Judge Perry that he knew, first hand, that Baez recorded the Depo..Baez gives smirk/makes a face in court...
Judge Perry, iirc, said that his Office could transcribe the depo that Baez had recorded at cheaper rates?

Off to find that hearing.

Your memory is fairly good! Yet, notice that the defense motion doesn't mention that recording at all.

I think it's both. His schedule is legitimately that busy. But given that it is that busy, well then it is specifically this case or these attorneys that will be given that undesired and inconvenient nights and weekends slot in order to bring the point home that time is running out. the judge is not going to inconvenience other trial teams or other cases because this crew cannot get it together, or cannot follow the most basic orders and the clear intent of those orders, that the judge issues.

TOTALLY agree!!! I think JBP is just about past being PO'd with this baby crap. I can almost say with certainty, he's gonna have the NEXT b.s. motion by JB heard on a Saturday morning...bright and early!! He's been threatening these type of things for quite some time...good to see him following thru....even if it isn't why the meeting is at this time on a Friday.

I wish he'd pull out 2 dunce caps, ceremoniously place them on JB's and CM's heads, and make them stand in the corner!!

Originally Posted by Sun
2010.12.03 Defense Motion to Authorize and Compel Preparation of Transcripts
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/65329373...of-Transcripts

The JAC filed a response to this yesterday. Can't wait to read it! I do wonder if any the the JAC-related motions will be argued at today's hearing?

:waitasec:
Didn't Cheney already complain about this at one of the Hearings?

Then Ashton stood up and told Judge Perry that he knew, first hand, that Baez recorded the Depo..Baez gives smirk/makes a face in court...
Judge Perry, iirc, said that his Office could transcribe the depo that Baez had recorded at cheaper rates?

Off to find that hearing.

Yes. Judge Perry said that he could get it transcribed ...
But, I think the problem is that the court reporters in Tennessee (for Oak Ridge Lab depositions) have already done the work, and now they need to be paid their FULL fee for the work. Mason wants JAC to be forced to pay the overage.
Even if Judge Perry had the audio recordings that the Defense made for themselves at the depositions, transcribed .... that does not resolve the issue of the transcription work which has already been done and not paid in full.

Originally Posted by Sun

The JAC filed a response to this yesterday. Can't wait to read it! I do wonder if any the the JAC-related motions will be argued at today's hearing?

But, I think the problem is that the court reporters in Tennessee (for Oak Ridge Lab depositions) have already done the work, and now they need to be paid their FULL fee for the work. Mason wants JAC to be forced to pay the overage.
Even if Judge Perry had the audio recordings that the Defense made for themselves at the depositions, transcribed .... that does not resolve the issue of the transcription work which has already been done and not paid in full.

I agree. I also think the defense has incurred a debt, and now wants the court to order the JAC to pay. The only info that I could quickly find on the Court Reporting Service, indicated that their company had a total of only 2 employees.

Your memory is fairly good! Yet, notice that the defense motion doesn't mention that recording at all.

Oh I noticed it alright.

Mason failed to mention it in court.
But Jeff Ashton stands up and proclaims to the court the Defense does have their own video recording(recorded by none other than Mr Baez himself) of exactly what they are asking for.

Originally Posted by Sun

Oh, yes, you are right.,
Thanks for pointing that out.

Firstly, I'd like to see a signed contract between the Defense and the Court Reporting/Transcription Service company where they agree to JAC rates.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6532937...thorize-and-Compel-Preparation-of-Transcripts

I think what the defense fails to remember....and I'm in no way any kind of legal anything....but, seems to me, the defense is comparing itself to the state....I know "duh".

KC is indigent.....she is entitled to a good defense and experts neccessary for that purpose, but I've not seen anywhere that she's entitled to the same EXACT things the state has. If the defense didn't squander away their money on, what appears to me to be, NOTHING....then, so be it. They had since 2008 to do testing, depositions, investigations, etc....they did NADA!!! They, IMO, PURPOSELY waited till the "well went dry", knowing the state would eventually have to pick up the tab. NOW, they EXPECT the same treatment as the state.

The state basically is prosecuting, as well as, defending the accused child murderer at the tax payers expense...

I honestly believe the defense is of the belief that the state isn't under similar restrictions as their client.
We've seen, IIRC...in one of the media reports...how much the state has spent so far on this case. It comes no where near the amount the defense disclosed that they spent....let alone the amounts they didn't disclose.

IMO...indigent = no mas dinero.....zippo....zilch. All the "donations" from "admirers" to KC should be turned over to the state...all the money her parents put into her comissary account, likewise.

(Boy, I'm in rare form today...good thing I don't watch the hearings anymore and depend on you guys to report what's going on.....I just can't handle JB's smirk or listen to CM's marble mouth speaches.)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6532937...thorize-and-Compel-Preparation-of-Transcripts

Again the Defense complains about what the State has...

I get a laugh out of this one..
"Your undersigned defense counsel and co-counsel, Jose Baez, traveled to Knoxville, Tenn. for said deposition and stayed in a hotel in Knoxville, Tenn., paying all such travel and related expenses personally, without claim to the JAC. One defense team member, Linda Kenney-Baden,appeared by Skype"

BBM
Well what a laugh...let's see Mason claim travel expenses when he is not entitled to receive it from the JAC
No Travel costs for Pro Bono Attorneys...isn't that what the JAC's rules are? and the reason for Baden and Lyon removing themselves from the case.
I remember in a recent hearing with Finnel..
JAC said because Baez was privately retained, JAC will not pay travel and this applies to all lawyers he brings on board.

I've been waiting on that "smack down". I will be surprised if the honorable Judge gives one today. Don't think it will happen. Yep, Baez is on to him.

Magnolia, I agree. I had high hopes when JP took over and I am still waiting for him to stop coddling the defense.:banghead:

bbm

Either he is busy all day Friday until 5pm OR yes, I agree Judge Perry is sending a message.

Judge Perry keeps repeating that if things do not progress he will schedule to his liking, he will chose the day and time and evenings/ weekends are not off limits...

A tiny bit of insight (although I'm not privy to Judge Perry's Court hours). It was mentioned Honorable Perry is in the middle of trial. Most of the time during trials Court is dark either on Mondays or Fridays. This allows a Judge to hear various motions on other matters or allows the trial team to take care of housekeeping matters without the jurors being present. So I'm of the opinion Honorable Perry's docket is just too crammed full and that's the reason for the hearing time.

Although I really really want the reason to be that he's sending a message, I just don't think that's the reason. But we can hope.

A tiny bit of insight (although I'm not privy to Judge Perry's Court hours). It was mentioned Honorable Perry is in the middle of trial. Most of the time during trials Court is dark either on Mondays or Fridays. This allows a Judge to hear various motions on other matters or allows the trial team to take care of housekeeping matters without the jurors being present. So I'm of the opinion Honorable Perry's docket is just too crammed full and that's the reason for the hearing time.

Although I really really want the reason to be that he's sending a message, I just don't think that's the reason. But we can hope.

I'm a person who loves a BIG picture! Let's hope he's doing both - you know how efficient HHJP is....:croc:

I can't wait to see if Mason will be in court today. He seemed to snarl at the thought of any proceedings/depos, etc taking place at a time inconvenient to him. :loser:

Has anyone seen a notice where this will be online?

Blaise

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IDHKsgn_qk[/ame]

I bet Judge Strickland is just eating this up with a spoon!!! I know I am!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GytMpGpEcuI[/ame]
oldie but goodie

Whatever happens at tonight's hearing, Caylee's justice is in good hands with these prosecutors. Jeff Ashton in action:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UECWMtKeA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvqDLpoMocU[/ame]

Thanks for the insight. This has lead me to think that this hearing might have been set at this time because either the SA or the Defense couldn't make it during regular court hours. That could also be the reason. After all, this is not the only case these people are handling. There could have also been a conflict with previously scheduled activities like depositions (again, not necessarily related to this case.).

If I did this right, it looks like BP had no hearings on his schedule during court hours today.

http://www.ninja9.org/jacsatt/attdocketframe.asp

Select Criminal Division 99
12/10/2010

But it also claims he has no hearings december 20th, yet we know he does.

9th Judicial Circuit
JUDGE BELVIN PERRY, JR. / DIVISION 02
------------------- Schedule for Monday, December 20, 2010 -------------------
No hearings

although the january 10th one is listed (confused)

JUDGE BELVIN PERRY, JR. / DIVISION 02
------------------- Schedule for Monday, January 10, 2011 -------------------
1:30 pm 30 min Case: 48-2008-CF-15606-O-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads