2011.01.09 Front page Orlando Sentinel: Is Baez in over his head? *UNDER REVIEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that all of the same sites that have been streaming the hearings will also stream the trial....

JMO

OMG yes, ratings ( therefore adversiding dollars ) will be through the roof. Short of a terrorist attack, they will interrupt normal programing. You can bet your life you will be able to watch this live From Orlando. No worries!!!!!

I have noticed that the orlandosentinel story, which allowed "comments", is no longer there. Not the story, but the comments. My first look was about 20, then about 48. It seems to me the "comments" section is no longer there. Any thoughts as to why they took the comments section away? I may also be braindead, LOL. I'm I the only one who has noticed the "comments" section has seemed to be gone?

I just checked and the comments are still there........about 150 of them. Not only are the comments still there, but I've skimmed them and there's several that are no doubt from CA and GA. It's the same old line - LE failed to look for an alive Caylee, "junk science", etc.

Does NO ONE proof read down there?!? They referred to Caylee as Casey. :banghead:

BBM - That was the first thing that jumped out at me too, they failed to proofread this too:

CASEY ANTHONY ATTORNEY JOSE BAEZ SLAPPED WITH FORMAL SANCTION, $538 BILL--

(snipped)

Baez will have to pay $583.73....

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/PI/PINewsSummary.nsf/41bc6044e7aa779e8525688d0073e8f8/68a4540a6ef61cc08525781100545140!OpenDocument&Highlight=0,jose,baez*

How difficult is it to get the victim's name and the dollar amount correct, when they have the information in front of them?

The only thing that could have made this article better, would have been for Red to be hiding in the bushes this AM with his camera that sure has put a burr in Baez' bonnet and snapped a live action reaction !

Baez steps out to pick up his paper.. and his face goes plum purple in rage; if he can afford home delivery that is !!

Well, maybe tomorrow we will see that picture.

Home delivery? The home's in foreclosure :great:

I guess The Baez Law firm had to let go of their PR person. :floorlaugh:
Mr Baez seems to be suffering from the $3.00 dollar an hour pre-trial blues.
I could almost feel sorry for him..........then I think of Roy Kronk sitting on his rainbow.

What happened to all the money that Baez had gotten for sale of photos? I can't see where he has anything left in his hand to show for it...His house was in foreclosure???? 200.000 plus is alot of money... I don't understand. I also don't understand while all the “expert Attorneys" have stated on camera that they are working the case "pro bono" it is apparent they are dropping like flies for the lack of funds.... There should be a law against that!!!

When I first watched this, I was astonished. It is as entertaining and instructive to the issue at hand, today.

Friends, put your drinks down, far away from the keyboard.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18147900/index.html#

Jeff Ashton made an excellent case for why Jose Baez is in way over his head and should not be on this case. This was in November of 2008!!!! Things have only gotten worse. Honestly.

You just can't make this stuff up. I was writing a very long piece and decided, naaaaaaw...let the hearing speak for itself. It is a must see. Again!

But, but, but....he's still doing it!

State Motion in Limine..Linda Drane Burdick
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68158671...ck-Dec-30-2010

I wonder what happened to LDB motion in limine to exclude those comments? When will those be heard?

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

"He added, "Do you have something to offer my client? It's a two-way street. … The door is open if you can assist me or my client." He hung up the phone, called back minutes later and said that conversation was off the record. Told that the conversation was not, Baez responded by saying, "You're lying and being unethical.'"

LOL

He still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut...REALLY??? He gives everyone something to talk about, I blame no one but HIM!

That's tooo funny, BUT.....Rut Roh !!! Now JB is gonna stand up and say someone on a blog called him a jackass....wahhhh !! :anguish:

I tried to edit this yesterday but was too late....I was being sarcastic with my comment, Meemom....it just reminded me of CM and the "idiot" comment from some blog he was whining about.

I've never heard that saying in your post and thought it was one of the funniest I've read in a long time!!

I'm sorry if my post seemed like I was being serious.

ETA : Don't know how to quote multiple comments, Meemom....or I would have put your post in for reference...it really deserves another repost, IMO...LOL (BTW....I mean "LOL" as "laugh out loud" not the CM definition of "lots of luck)

I think I liked the comments as much as the article!

I wonder if JB ever paid DC? He had plenty of funds at his disposal that's for sure, courtesy of the ABC network...

Yes he sure did..but he obviously kept that money "close to the vest" so to speak..
We know Baez paid himself a salary, he paid Andrea...who knows where the rest went..IMO his expenses and maybe some of the experts travel and expenses....

WOW ~ He has had quite a few run-ins with the Florida Bar, hasn't he~
I hadn't realized that some of those above mentioned had been turned over to the bar.

It's to bad the Bar only keeps those on record for a year. It would be nice if they stayed forever and added up.
I think that with each one, it would go to prove future complaints are in fact, true and accurate.

Not how he got out of the Dominic Casey complaint, by him saying, "he didn't remember any of those conversations"...........yeah, right.....and I'm a blind aviator for United Airlines in my spare time.

bbm
Yes it is a shame....those records should be kept indefinitely or for a minimum about of years like ie:7 years...

The "he didn't remember" excuse was used again for the Robyn Adams Prison telephone call...:waitasec: wait was it used before or after he threw his secretary/assistant under the bus..

This has always been my idea of the Sentinel's finest work. Whenever I get sick of that smirk I go read his pedigree and it reminds me of what a poor excuse of a human he really is.
I wonder if this new article will make the TV circuit like Court TV?

Same here,

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-jose-baez-050309,0,1572952,full.story

"According to the Supreme Court summary of the case, the Board of Bar Examiners filed formal allegations against J.A.B. in September 1998. In addition to unpaid child support, a personal bankruptcy and default on a student loan, the investigators said he left out parts of his history, including that he wrote a bad check and entered a pretrial program to avoid conviction.

"Additionally, the Board found that J.A.B.'s misrepresentations and lack of candor in his answers to the specifications and during his formal hearing testimony were further grounds for disqualification," the Supreme Court wrote."
------------------------

bbm
Yes it is a shame....those records should be kept indefinitely or for a minimum about of years like ie:7 years...

The "he didn't remember" excuse was used again for the Robyn Adams Prison telephone call...:waitasec: wait was it used before or after he threw his secretary/assistant under the bus..

I think he "doesn't remember" a whole lot.

Like all of law school.

Yes, I've been saying this since the beginning. With each passing day and a new JB folly, I worry more. I wish at the next hearing, HHJP would ask kc again if she's happy with JB. Then that should be enough to squash any use of ineffective counsel.

So, I wonder how long til JB releases his statement sounding like a 4 yr old throwing a tantrum claiming the reporter was only trying to make him look bad in the eyes of future jurors. And I'll bet he'll even say the State put them up to it . . . . >patiently watching clock< :martini:

bbm
I agree.
Judge Strickland asked the first time and IMO, at this point, Judge Perry needs to revisit this question and ask her again...

Yes. He is stunningly over his head.

I had the opportunity to watch the old 48 hours special on Caylee/case against Casey Anthony, which premiered on the ID network this weekend. Now LKB was still "on" the team at the time, and most of the focus appeared to be on the Anthony's and how poorly they have been treated by the public.

But in the few instances where JB spoke: (1) ICA is 100% innocent, there is no way that this "girl" could thwart investigators and the FBI...pull this off. Little Bitty says: she didn't thwart anyone. She was arrested early on in the case and clammed up after telling countless lies. (2) What about the 31 days, etc...? JB says it will all come out in court. LOL. Whenever confronted with the question of his client's behavior during the 31 days in question...we are told back when this interview is made, that there is just stuff we don't know and we will all find out in court...Little Bitty wonders if his tune has changed since that interview. There will be no surprises nor trial by ambush. Unless they intend to put ICA on the stand so she can spin yet another yarn...OR unless, they put her on the stand and she says it was an accident...there is nothing the defense can do to stop the avalanche of Justice which is about to rain down on them.

One cannot help but be appalled by the cockiness, lack of professionalism and possible lack of ethics (see the DC situation). JB has been the conductor of the Defense. Everyone with some semblance of wanting to have a good name has jumped ship. CM can't because they need a DP qualified attorney...and without him, Ann Finnell will jump ship.

One can only look at the Defense strategy with a mixture of anger/confusion/and humor. If it didn't involve two lives: one already dead...and the other whose life hangs in the balance...it would be funny. This would be a comedy of errors. If CM doesn't take over at trial and this spaghetti at the wall defense that JB seems to be leaning towards is the strategy overall...not only will the jury not deliberate a long time BUT the jury will recommend the DP after the parade of witnesses at the penalty phase of the trial face the wrath of the jury. The Jury will want ICA to take responsibility...to stop with the original Zanny story, to tell them what really happened (that Caylee died while under HER care and her care alone)...but since ICA has no grasp on reality, nor understanding, imo of the seriousness of all of this, nor does it appear, JB does...then this should be a slam dunk for the prosecution.

No one will look at the 31 days and be able to find any plausible excuse for what ICA did during that time. Nor her very lethargic response to the 911 operators while her own mother is wailing in grief...KC picks up the phone and is like, "Yeah...I have a daughter..." ICA might have well as said, "Oops I forgot to turn in my videos...how much is the late fee? I will get them to you soon. Bye."

I tried to edit this yesterday but was too late....I was being sarcastic with my comment, Meemom....it just reminded me of CM and the "idiot" comment from some blog he was whining about.

I've never heard that saying in your post and thought it was one of the funniest I've read in a long time!!

I'm sorry if my post seemed like I was being serious.

ETA : Don't know how to quote multiple comments, Meemom....or I would have put your post in for reference...it really deserves another repost, IMO...LOL (BTW....I mean "LOL" as "laugh out loud" not the CM definition of "lots of luck)

MTG...bottom of post to the right..see the " (quotation mark) just click on it and any other posts you might want to use..When you open up to post yours, this will be placed automatically in that post...I hope that helps...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

:innocent:

:crazy:

This guy has been ICA's best defense person. Even as he's been put down too many times to count for he too is wrong on the facts and wrong on the laws....he's hysterical and how many times he's been put down, he continues. I wonder if he's being paid anything to help OrlandoEast (who most think is CA) muddy the waters...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Any good PR/communications firm, or anyone with experience in those fields, can these days easily be hired to "manage" online communications for a client, including responding in the comments section for online news articles, responding on blogs & forums such as this, and otherwise creating online personas (yes personaS) to put the client's story in the public eye. FWIW.

Thanks Nums,
Those 2 articles should be run together...
IMO the Bar should have taken the complaints more seriously given his history.

Indeed, it looks like his fiscal skill set hasn't changed one iota since 1997 - JB and the concept of money management are strangers.

Got to tell ya, what scares me is a case I read about a guy who fired his lawyers just before trial so many times that it was 13 years before he had to go to court.

That's what I keep thinking Baez has on his mind. He'll bow out (purposely get kicked off by his client) just before the trial starts and the next attorneys (Cheney, whomever) will declare they need more time to decipher JB's scrawled notes, Casey is so upset with losing JB she can't function, blah, blah, blah, and the judge will have to postpone the dang thing.

Of course that wouldn't make Baez or Cheney look competent, but what does Cheney care, he's semi-retired, and Baez is on his way to the big ulcer attack down the road......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6