2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help wondering if someone has made some sort of deal...I hope not, unless this was the only way to possibly find him...

I have faith that if a deal was made it was in the best interest of being able to prosecute for the maximum possible sentence while still being able to return Kyron or at the very least, his remains to his parents.

Wow...ME office too :(

Would the ME go out on a good hunch? Or would this be a definite deal and the ME is accompanying them because they are definitely going to find something? I don't know what the protocol is for the ME to be involved with searches.

Is that some kind of GPS device that guy is holding, or could it be a cellphone screen? I know it's too much to hope that we could actually SEE the evidence they're collecting on a news photo, but I gotta analyze what I can see!

Maybe a magnifying glass?

Is that some kind of GPS device that guy is holding, or could it be a cellphone screen? I know it's too much to hope that we could actually SEE the evidence they're collecting on a news photo, but I gotta analyze what I can see!

A magnifier??

I don't know if ME's office normally goes on searches, but it seems like you usually hear of them calling the ME's office from a site...I think they have what they consider a better tip than usual? Or else, is this place a pain to get to, so they want someone on hand to id animal bones, vs. human?

This report (if correct) that LE has seen fit to request that a County Coroner's Office Member (they don't say what level) should be on site for this search I think says something very important. I think that they believe that they know the area where Kyron was left and that Kyron was deceased when that occurred.

Now, whether that is because of cell-phone records, evidence from interrogation of suspects and witnesses or forensics like soil samples from tires I (like everyone else) have no idea, but it makes me hopeful that this investigation can go to the next level.

Sadly, I have thought for some time that Teri Horman murdered that child and that she planned it. I expect that she made some effort not only to conceal his remains but to make it had for cadaver dogs to smell him (placed in a container of some sort or something). I don't know why I think that. It isn't based on anything I have read or anything.

The search team also includes a member of the Multnomah County coroner's office, an unusual addition to the search.
OMG.
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
http://www.katu.com/news/local/114899784.html

Prayers going up for Desiree and Kaine at this time.
Dear God, please bring them some closure in reference to this horrific nightmare they have been experiencing since last June..

How many miles from the school is the location they are searching that is near part of Skyline, does anyone know?

I assume you are talking about the little rectangular thing the guy squatting is holding.

I can't tell what it is. I wonder if it is something he found and is taking a closer look at. It looks like a little metal frame with a glass insert of some kind.

The guy standing looks like he is holding color printouts of something. Perhaps the search area???
from: http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2011/01/searching_for_kyron_horman_3.html

kyronsearchcloseup1.jpg

Kyronsearchcloseup2.jpg

The document the guy is reading looks like a map or a diagram, but I can't tell what the other thing is.

I don't know if ME's office normally goes on searches, but it seems like you usually hear of them calling the ME's office from a site...I think they have what they consider a better tip than usual? Or else, is this place a pain to get to, so they want someone on hand to id animal bones, vs. human?

BBM I am thinking either of your theories as to why ME is on site are very possible. The terraine does appear to be pretty rough in these new search locations and in densely wooded areas so you must assume there will be bones and remains of wildlife. The BBM is a good reason to have one onhand IMO

Cluciano,

Someone posted a few pages back that it was around 20 to 22 miles from the school I think.

It does sound like they are expecting to find him.I believe they called in the ME at Caylee Anthony's site when they found her.

Sorry to just jump in here. This may have been mentioned,but...

THIS

"Investigators told The Oregonian that specific intelligence led them to the areas they are searching, and that warmer weather also provided an opportunity to comb the area. Multnomah County Sheriff's deputy Eric Gustafson said officials had planned to search the area a few months ago, but this is the first time they have been able to do so because of weather. "

And this

""None of the searching we do is random," Gustafson said, adding that he could not comment on specifics. "We don't throw darts at a board and say, 'Let's search here.' We don't say, 'We haven't searched in a while, let's go search.' "

Gustafson said he is unsure whether searchers will complete every task they had planned for today, and that while teams will not return tomorrow, they might come back next weekend. That depends on if they can get everything done before dark, which Gustafson said he is not optimistic about."

BBM

From this article, really speaks volumes to me.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/multnomah_county_sheriffs_offi_2.html

I have to ask, why so confident for closure today, but the search may not be complete until next weekend? They are so sure, but they are gonna stop for 5 or 6 days? I don't get it.

Cluciano,

Someone posted a few pages back that it was around 20 to 22 miles from the school I think.

Did I read wrong, I thought I read they were searching in two different places...

Cluciano,

Thank you for clearing that up, I must have missed the distance from the school to where they are searching now. Also anyone know how far this location is from where and when TH was last seen on that fatal day?

How many miles from the school is the location they are searching that is near part of Skyline, does anyone know?

The spot where the command post is set up is NW Moreland Rd and Skyline which is only 7 miles from the school. They are searching two locations though. Dixie Mt. Road and NW Rocky Point interesection is about 9 miles away from the school. I still can't figure out what area the media is referring to that is 22 miles away?

ETA: Adding though that Dixie Mountain road is very long...so it could be way down that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11