2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is the man being sought for an officer shooting up that way who may have lived on SI...

and had very long red hair, and lives/lived in area of SI where witness/witnesses said he/they saw a woman with red hair the day KH went missing.

I agree and perhaps someone should open a separate Kyron/DD connection thread, if they feel there is one, I don't want the search thread to get closed down, in case they continue the search this weekend. :(
PS-just a suggestion...

I didn't realize it might be inappropriate to discuss DAD for Kyron's case, since his property is directly adjacent to the new search area, and he is now a wanted fugitive.

Sorry.

I didn't realize it might be inappropriate to discuss DAD for Kyron's case, since his property is directly adjacent to the new search area, and he is now a wanted fugitive.

Sorry.
I thought DAD lived on Sauvie Island. Can anyone direct me to a link that says he lives at or owns property directly adjacent to the new search area? I may have missed it, so my apologies in advance.

Well, it's okay with me if DD is discussed, I did not mean to sound like it was a rule or anything. I just didn't see how he ties in with the search on Sunday, and thought it was kind of OT. Sorry :(
I'm not a MOD, I shouldn't have said anything.

and had very long red hair, and lives/lived in area of SI where witness/witnesses said he/they saw a woman with red hair the day KH went missing.
I don't recall it being reported in the MSM that a witness or witnesses saw TH or a woman with red hair on Sauvie Island the day KH went missing. All MSM reports of a woman with red hair weren't on Sauvie Island that I recall, they were off of Sauvie Island, such as Chas's sighting of the woman with red hair in a white truck, who was seen coming off a road on HWY 30, which isn't on Sauvie Island. Anyone have a link for a Sauvie Island sighting?

Well, it's okay with me if DD is discussed, I did not mean to sound like it was a rule or anything. I just didn't see how he ties in with the search on Sunday, and thought it was kind of OT. Sorry :(
I'm not a MOD, I shouldn't have said anything.

I agree Clu. I don't mind if people want to discuss it somewhere. Another thread is more appropriate for sure. This one is about the new search and I'm interested in knowing if more was done this week under the radar. May have just a few minutes to take a drive today. ;)

I do not know if discussion of the DAD person is appropriate to this thread either. Didn't we have a thread already devoted to the white truck and the possible "redhead" driving it?

Oh well, I am no mod either, it is just MOO that the specualtion about whether this person is related to the renewed searching last week has begun to dominate this thread. I am having to skim alot of posts that are about that to get to ones about searching. Unfortunately, with the searching on hold again, I think it is just that many posters are running out of things to discuss and so are reaching at more peripheral theories in the absence of real news of and about those new searches performed.

Unfortunately in Kyron's case, I do think TES could be harmful. And here is why.

After what happened with Haleigh and with Caylee... whether they deserve it or not, TES has damaged their reputation and credibility a bit. As we speak the defense is trying to use TES searches/records to prove the innocence of a mother accusing of murdering her 2 year old daughter.

Terri Horman has one of the best attorney's there is. Casey Anthony on the other hand.... well she doesn't have Terri Horman's attorney. :silenced:

If TES came out and searched and DID find Kyron... Terri Horman's attorney would RIP them to shreds. Using that to DEFEND her. I think there will be enough issue contesting any evidence found already with him as her attorney, without bringing in someone else to complicate matters. :twocents:

Snipped by me. Just wanted to address this. First, TES needs to know WHERE to search. Second, they have certainly NOT hurt their credibility in the Casey Anthony case. As we speak, a new bar complaint has been launched against Jose Baez, possibly in connection to a forged TES document by Laura Buchanan - who admits she forged the document and never turned it in to TES. It's speculated that possibly Mark Nejame, the lawyer for TES, made this complaint. There's also a sealed recorded conversation between Joe Jordan, another TES searcher, and Mort, Baez's PI, that basically indicates Mort was showing people pictures he shouldn't have been and trying to get searchers to say Caylee's remains weren't at the exact spot she was found. Baez has consistently lied about access to TES documents, and Mark Nejame has consistently and doggedly denied his accusations, having those documents ready for him for a long time to look at, and Baez never looked at them. By the way, NO TES searcher has been proven to have searched the area where Caylee was and not seen her remains or say that that area was dry. It's Baez, Casey's lawyer, who had tried to smudge and taint TES, and has failed spectacularly to do so. Baez once claimed there was a pool of 100 searchers he was looking into, then 32, and now NONE have turned out to give him the info he so desperately wants. And let's not forget how Cindy Anthony trashed Tim Miller and TES when they came to look for Caylee and Tim asked Casey to point on a map to where they should search. Cindy came in and stopped it, and threw Tim Miller out of her house. I don't blame him for not wanting to immediately step in and help after how he and his organization was treated in the Casey Anthony case.

If anything, TES's credibility was not hurt by the Casey Anthony case, it is the credibility of her family and defense team that was hurt. TES has to be able to work with the family and know where to search to be useful and successful. If they came to Oregon and were told to look in the woods, well, isn't Oregon mostly woods? How in the heck are they supposed to find a needle in a haystack? Especially on terrain they are not familiar with?

Now, I do agree they would be up against a good attorney in the Kyron case, and so I tend to agree with them staying away from Kyron's case, not because of their credibility, but because they have been through enough by bad attorney and family in Florida. TES needs to, unfortunately, be picky about who they help, and I just think they'd be facing more trouble in this case from a very competent attorney. Better to stay away from this one, and I don't blame them one bit.

Let's just put our faith in those that are searching for Kyron, and hope they find him. That is where we should focus, not on the people who aren't helping for whatever reason.

While I have utmost respect for TES and what they do, I feel that because they are more known and higher profile, many people think they are the get all be all of search organizations. It seems like almost every high profile missing persons case thread the question now is posed "Should they bring in TES?"

I do not know that TES being called in could resolve this case. I have no information that the current searchers are any less qualified or professional than this fine organization. This case is a dificult one. IF TES searched I have no reason to believe they would be any more successful than the search teams currently being utilized by LE for Kyron.

Does this need it's own thread?Does any one have a map of this area to show?I wonder what lead them to this area.This sounds pretty serious with cadaver dogs.Wasn't this area mentioned before by someone.I pray they are led to little Kyron and if he is out there they find him.

More at link

Search for Kyron Horman resumes today North and West of Portland.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

The seven-month search for missing Kyron Horman turns its focus today on two rural locations north and west of Portland as investigators run down specific intelligence they've developed and warmer weather conditions now provide a window of opportunity.

Between 40 to 50 search-and-rescue workers, along with up to seven cadaver-detecting dogs, will be combing the dense forested area around turnouts, trailheads, and gated logging roads along a stretch of Northwest Skyline Road, south of Rocky Point Road and a gravel road further north in the Dixie Mountain area.

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties, and reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

"Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

Stay on Topic please. If there is another matter to discuss, open a new thread. :grouphug:

I agree. When I first read about this, I was thinking the same thing -- did LE look for ANY connection between TH and this guy.

In my opinion, my opinion only, this guy could pass for TH more than DeDe.
Well then he is obviously the one that went to gym to pose as TH...

IMO, there are too many coincidences with this guy to NOT be connected to this case. And not via TH.

According to a friend of mine who drives @ Skyline & Moreland area daily, there is still activity out there.

ty nurse, I am so glad to hear that. I am very hopeful that maybe this time, maybe this area, will yield the answers we all want and Desiree and Kaine NEED. Even if, as many of us supsect, the outcome is not a happy ending, I really want some sort of closure for Kyron's family, and for us here, who've come to love him so.

I'm sure that I am making off topic drift even worse, but I'm confused (and I did think that I had been following pretty well).

Who or what is DAD?

This thread gives some info about D.A.D.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126243"]OR~Manhunt on for shooter of LEO Steven Dodds/Lincoln City - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I think what got me started at the possibility of DAD being involved is that he is from Sauvie Island and these recent searches started around the time of the police incident. Like, they found something in a search of his home. I know...just a small possibility. I'm just happy that Kyron is back in the news.

According to a friend of mine who drives @ Skyline & Moreland area daily, there is still activity out there.

VERY happy to hear that. It's been a long week. I see that it's supposed to be rainy this weekend, but over 40, even at night. I sure hope they can get a big crew again.

Well then he is obviously the one that went to gym to pose as TH...

IMO, there are too many coincidences with this guy to NOT be connected to this case. And not via TH.

That must have been quite something in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11