2011.02.10 Defense Accuses Detectives of Destroying Evidence

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/03/blog-live-from-the-casey-antho.html

WDBO Local News
BLOG: Live from the Casey Anthony courtroom

4:48 - The judge says egregious misconduct has not been shown. Motion for sanction is denied.

4:45 - Linda Drane Burdick is now making an argument for the prosecution, saying Baez's presentation contains a "full-scale failure of proof" and is just a part of Baez's repeated accusations of police or prosecutorial misconduct. She further points out that Baez's own witness contradicted Baez.

4:38 - Baez is now making a summary argument in his request for sanctions against the state, saying evidence was taken out of the vehicle and purposefully kept from the defense's experts, then extensively tested by state experts without the defense's knowledge, nor did the state list those experts on their witness list, as required.

4:31 - Linda Drane Burdick briefly questioned Bloise, asking him to stress that he told Baez and Lee that the bag was in Tennessee. Baez is questioning him again now, on re-direct. He's asking Bloise about any handwritten notes he had from inspecting the car. Bloise is saying he destroys his handwritten notes after he writes a typed report. Baez is asking about the importance of the additional evidence that Dr. Henry Lee found in his inspection that CSI missed - 17 hairs and another stain. He is also trying to refute Bloise's statement that he told Lee that the bag in question was at a lab in Tennessee. Baez asked Bloise if he could show the court proof of that in his typed report, and Bloise said no. He was then excused as a witness.

4:30 - Baez asked Bloise about the day that defense expert Dr. Henry Lee arrived at the CSI garage with Baez to inspect the car. Bloise testified that he told Lee and Baez that day that the garbage bag was in Tennessee when they brought the garbage to be inspected in a box, not the bag. Baez implied that that was not the case.

4:15 - Bloise's testimony reveals that he is the CSI that discovered the hairs and the evidence of decomposition in Casey Anthony's car trunk on July 16th. Baez is asking him if he saw the garbage bag in question, and Bloise is saying he did not. The implication is that the garbage bag was removed before Bloise processed the trunk. Bloise admitted that it's possible that knowledge of the bag's prior placement in the trunk may have been helpful when he processed the trunk.

4:08 - A witness has been called by Jose Baez. He's a crime scene investigator named Geraldo Bloise.

4:00 - The court has moved on to the motion for sanctions. Defense attorney Jose Baez wants the state sanctioned because evidence (a trash bag) was removed from the trunk of Casey Anthony's car and sent to 2 state experts not on the state's witness list. Further, Baez says his expert was unable to access the trash bag when he asked for it. Baez and two attorneys for the prosecution, Linda Drane Burdick and Jeff Ashton, are huddling with the judge at the judge's bench after the prosecution objected to Baez's presentation of the motion. They said he shouldn't be allowed to testify on his own behalf, when there's the possibility of calling witnesses, and they accused him of just that.

Oh damn. You had me going there for a minute. I thought a hearing for today had somehow slipped past us. This was from almost 2 years ago. Arguing pretty much exactly the same thing? Ooookaaaayyy Jose?

Oh damn. You had me going there for a minute. I thought a hearing for today had somehow slipped past us. This was from almost 2 years ago. Arguing pretty much exactly the same thing? Ooookaaaayyy Jose?

It actually surprises me that fellow posters think Baez has sat himself down and actually read all the evidence that has been released to date. Seriously.:banghead:

Yes, I know, I know, but doesn't it appear that he hasn't actually done that and is just now frantically going through documents to see if he can find anything at all he can object to? When he should have begun this kind of research two years ago, it appears he is now playing enny, meany miney mo with them instead with crossed fingers, hoping that something, anything he throws at the wall will actually stick.

We know Mason hasn't read it all. For sure we know that.

My apologies faefrost,
I usually make sure I have dates showinf either in the link or I post the date so not to confuse..obviously I forget this time...

Yes, and that talking head was none other than Mr. Cheney Mason :floorlaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb_ZztZOKM

Ahhhh, thanks for the revisit to this!

I just love, love, love hearing Mason say she'll no doubt end up with a life sentence! Even better is him saying "Either Baez will plea this out for life in prison or he'll make a circus of a trial that will end in her getting life in prison." I'd love to see that played at the trial!

Ahhhh, thanks for the revisit to this!

I just love, love, love hearing Mason say she'll no doubt end up with a life sentence! Even better is him saying "Either Baez will plea this out for life in prison or he'll make a circus of a trial that will end in her getting life in prison." I'd love to see that played at the trial!

Wonder if there's any way the SA could play that video during the trial?
Just asking..:innocent:

I am sure he will, somehow, try to discredit Yuri...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/091010-Lead-detective-in-Caylee-search-deposed
Lead detective in Caylee search deposed

"I was a homicide detective for 2 years and in my opinion the smell coming from that car was the smell of decomposition," Yuri Melich had told the court
To this day, Baez and Mason say they have not seen one piece of concrete evidence to back that up.
"He has no credibility in my eyes," said Mason. "I think he should transfer to the K-9 unit if he's that good," said Baez, both referring to Melich's comments made in court two years ago."

Here's another one
http://www.wftv.com/news/18253204/detail.html
BAEZ WANTS DETECTIVES INVESTIGATED

Jose Baez wants to investigate detectives from the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Wednesday, Baez sent someone to the sheriff's office to get the personnel files of detectives John Allen and Yuri Melich.

However, he didn't pick up the list of 1,800 Caylee sightings that he requested over a month ago. Despite all the evidence, the Anthonys insist Caylee is alive.

How many times has JB tripped on his shoe strings? He insults Yuri by saying he belongs in the k-9 unit if he's that good. Then he turns right around and wants to discredit the dog evidence by saying they aren't reliable.

Going after the detectives is nothing new. It didn't work out so well for Scott Peterson and many others. I'm not the least bit worried about this evidence being destroyed. That also happened in the SP trial. I believe there is a special instruction given to the jury as to how much weight to give that evidence. I think JP will allow it.

Wonder if there's any way the SA could play that video during the trial?
Just asking..:innocent:

I remember that question being asked here on the lawyers thread and they cannot use anything her lawyers say against her.

Ok, so if JB is trying to say the smell came from the garbage bag, and in said garbage bag were paper towels with grave wax on them, isn't that NOT in his best interest? Or am I missing something here? :waitasec:

I LOVE this thread!!! It cracks me up every time I read the title - Baez is accusing Detectives of not saving the smell of garbage from the trunk of the car.

So the evidence guys were supposed to pump some air out of the trunk into a sealed container, label it and put it in the evidence room, labelled - garbage smell - ICA car trunk?

I can't help it!:floorlaugh: :skip::skip::skip:

I keep picturing one of those shows with the cold cases where the detectives goes into an old box of evidence that's been sitting in the evidence room for 25 years, open it up and say WTH? :floorlaugh:

Valhall has an excellent article up about JB's latest (and not so finest). I was getting worried - a little bit, lol - that somehow the defense just might get all of the references to THE smell tossed. Until I read the article. Has anyone else read it? I hope I didn't get it all wrong. (Am taking a strong pain pill tonight for a bulging disc, so I'm not all here, lol.) What the detectives/LE sealed up was available for the defense to have tested, if'n they'd had a mind to!

If I understood her correctly, he's twisting things Dr. Vass said in his depo around in this amended motion. Still trying to make what he thinks he has work for them...but when you look under the surface, it's just more ly....err, mistruths.

Valhall has an excellent article up about JB's latest (and not so finest). I was getting worried - a little bit, lol - that somehow the defense just might get all of the references to THE smell tossed. Until I read the article. Has anyone else read it? I hope I didn't get it all wrong. (Am taking a strong pain pill tonight for a bulging disc, so I'm not all here, lol.) What the detectives/LE sealed up was available for the defense to have tested, if'n they'd had a mind to!

If I understood her correctly, he's twisting things Dr. Vass said in his depo around in this amended motion. Still trying to make what he thinks he has work for them...but when you look under the surface, it's just more ly....err, mistruths.

I read it yesterday. I swear, I wish I had a little mini Valhall Doll to carry around in my pocket with me all day, and whenever somebody says something stupid, I could hold the doll out in front me like a silver cross being thrust at Dracula. She's just that brilliant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back