2011.03.02 Motions Hearing - #1 (AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Jose pretend like he is reading. And Casey tries to read off CM's papers, but he ignores her.

LUNCH!

lol

Then she makes a strong fashion statement but it is ignored. Alas. lolol

449feab1.png

Even if they get CA's statements to LE thrown out, they will still be able to bring in all her lies to her friends and parents through all of their testimony. I am not seeing it as a huge loss.

Taking little man to the park to run off some energy so he'll cooperate for the second half of the hearing.

Thank you LyndyLoo, I feel better now.

Before the trial, George and Cindy need to get rid of their obvious "agendas" while testifying, it it so apparent they are trying to skew their testimony. It does not appear to be a person trying to tell the exact truth. The jury will not like that, it will not be helpful to Casey at all. Their attitudes need adjusted big time before they are in front of the jury.

Yes - adding, when we did a timeline of the 911 calls we discovered that the responding officer got to the house while Cindy was still on the phone w/ the 911 operator on the final call and had just uttered the, "Smells like..." to her. Worked out that the responding officer(s) (e.g. Ryan, et.al.) very unlikely would have had time to get word from dispatch about that dramatic change in conditions @ the scene. IIRC, the utterance came about the time LEO's were pulling onto Suburban Dr.

FWIW, HTH.
That's the crux of the matter - and it's going to be interesting to see how SAO will get to that point. I think it may actually be a fine one. Note JP asking why she was in handcuffs. I think it's pretty close to mission critical for SAO

garage garage garage

in the garage

around the garage

through the garage

in front of the garage

in the driveway

Now I know today is not about this BUT

I just kept yelling at my computer screen - and everyone SMELLED THE GARAGE AND THE CAR IT WAS COMING FROM!!!

My Lord, even Lee spoke about the smell in the garage and the need "to vent that thing".

Oh please.

Then GA just kept saying "the goal was to find my granddaughter" - well Georgie, you could have just walked 10 blocks down the street and done that!

Ok - I'm done. I have work I have to get done.

Garage - pppffftttt.

I think this handcuffing thing is going to be OK.

She never would have been cuffed, even for a second, if the 911 calls were PRIMARILY about a missing baby instead of a stolen car.

It shows the family priorities. Missing baby or car? Oh OK car.

This is going to be cleared up after lunch to everyone's satisfaction.

Fingers crossed but I really think so.

ACK...he handcuffed her. Not good news.

Yes he did but it was only for a few seconds or maybe a minute until the sargent noticed and told him to remove them!

SO IT IS A HUGE lie that she was sitting in the police car in the back seat handcuffed for like an hour!!!!

I bet the patrol officer thought she was a criminal and stole a vehicle and handcuffed her and then he was told this ACTUALLY was for a missing child and that the mother CINDY was actual manipulating the officers into threaten KC with arrest IF she didn't reveal her granddaughter!

What a mess! Had CINDY just been honest and told the dispatch that she could not find her granddaughter and her daughter refused to tell her and that she suspected something was wrong - perhaps things would have been clearer.

IS replaying CA's testimony. I'm surprised Cindy didn't include "I haven't slept,haven't eaten in 3 years,so it's very difficult to remember my own lies"

To me, the issue of being handcuffed does not equal police custody. ICA wS briefly "detained" in a cop car and likely her record was run and she was let go either she was cuffed by mistake or she was cuffed because of her mom's claims of theft and then the charges were dropped. She was not under arrest. All of the dumb lies ICA told LE about super nanny are going to come into record and a jury will hear and read them. No need to fret. If she was under arrest why was she allowed to remain at hhome in her own bed to get 4 hours of sleep while her parents paced the floor? Why her parent were likely freaking out and thinking of scenarios and cover ups...the poor little girl was soooooo tired and confused by being handcuffed that fell into a slumber....does the defense not understand that the jury will not see ICA as scared confused childlike...they will see her as indifferent uninterested in telling the truth and self absorbed.

All of the above is JMO.

Yes - adding, when we did a timeline of the 911 calls we discovered that the responding officer got to the house while Cindy was still on the phone w/ the 911 operator on the final call and had just uttered the, "Smells like..." to her. Worked out that the responding officer(s) (e.g. Ryan, et.al.) very unlikely would have had time to get word from dispatch about that dramatic change in conditions @ the scene. IIRC, the utterance came about the time LEO's were pulling onto Suburban Dr.

FWIW, HTH.

Thanks BJB. And exactly so.

off to get some lunch and prep for the pm. why such different reactions to her parents though?? crying for one and almost so angry she couldnt shwallow for the other? hmm the trial is gonna be something. can someone enlighten me as to why it is so important if she slept or not in the time she was home. both sides seem to be focusing on that.

Did the JUDGE hammer JB at the start of this hearing? I missed all of the hearing up to the last 5 minutes!

HELP get me caught up on the juciey parts please

I understood that many suspects/POI's are taken in handcuffs to be questioned further and it is before questioning that they are read or asked to sign consent.

Yes indeed..I have watched many hours of The First 48 where they handcuff an individual when putting in police car when bringing into precinct for questioning, and it isnt until and arrest is going to happen, they advise Miranda Rights....Defense is despirate here~~ :crazy:

george anthony: very hostile (more than I expected him to be) and has no clue on what an amber alert is/criterion for such. Some subtle lies (imhoo). The jury will see his hostility during the trial and they will also notice that daughter does not look at Father if Casey pulls the same carp in may as she did today.

cindy anthony: played dumb (imhoo) and it wore off towards the end. Was not as hostile as I imagined but rather played the "I don't remember" card. Which works fine because of her previous statements and 911 calls. Casey didn't look at her either....but did shed a tear at the start. The jury will see this.

LEO ((hand cuff guy)): was dispatched out for Cindy's claim of a stolen car and that she wanted casey arrested. More to come... guy is polite enough but may have screwed up imhoo. not sure if LDB will be able to separate the two issues/reasons for officers dispatched... ie: the cuffs were for the car not for Caylee

all of the above is just my take so far... and moo

I have missed alot of what is going on, but I do not understand the problem they have with the handcuffing/miranda issue.

1 - A person does not have to be under arrest to be handcuffed, they are just "detained"
2 - If she was not arrested no miranda needed yet.

OK, somebody point out why all the fuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member