2011.04.15 Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB saying re: consciousness of guilt - we should be able to rebut as this is not a mental health defense - case law in place.
State is asking for something that has never been done b4.

Perhaps the pocket square was draining JB's brain. So far he sounds much more

"together".

brief..the only thing about baez thats brief is what he is wearing under his slacks..

pen click, pen click, pen click.

Looks like Baez had his favourite tipple this afternoon.

JA: a rule we now have which requires a defendant to submit to state experts. Whether this testimony is admissable or not we will find in court. All pieces of evidence should be examined from both sides. A couple of things from response: the first alternative about calling an expert that has expert who has examined Ms. Anthony.

Third the defense attys be present, we allow that. All attys present, not interfere, but be present.

fourth: areas of inquiry. the court will be profided the depos. we should be limited by the subject matter that the experts went into. as to the fifth paragraph, if no mental health experts are called by defense we don't want evidence used. Exception-possibity if ICA testifies wants power to impeach.
Your succinct explanation is amazing, because you're so fast!

JB: key issue: no law that mandates ICA submit to a exam such as they are asking. it goes strictly to rebuttal of consciousness of guilt that it seems the SA will use in this case.

We should be allowed to rebut that fact, or that piece of evidence. This is not a mental health defense. We find our selves in a position where the state is asking to do something that has never been done before.

HHJP: one or two mental health experts they are basing testimony in the depos are basing it all almost completely on what a certain person told them and that person is not testifying, yes?

JB: we would like it that way

HHJP: speaking about Hicks (defense cited this case in its motion)

KC has quite a complex hairdo going on today. Pulled back and poofed on top, then into a knot that finishes in a "turkey tail"... Totally un-fidget-able.

Oh dear Baez was doing well until Judge Perry started asking him questions. lol :)

"Give me a moment to collect my thoughts" - Baez.

JB - Give me a moment so I can collect my thoughts.

Ha ha what Dx will you be testifying to? Um um um um

CJBP trying to pin JB down on whether this is a PTS defense? JB asks for a moment to collect his thoughts. :)giggle:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member