2011.05.02 Motions/Status Hearing 9:30 AM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJBP clarifying that news can't use court as a source, but any other source is fine.

Atty": we believe there have been no showings or findings . . . confidentiality agreement by news cannot even go there without losing their media credentials . . . see Nebraska press case.

HHBP - is there anything in the news media that prohibit any news station if they found from independant sources and broadcasting it. The only source is if they sign it and I tell them where the location is. It doesn't any news station if they find out on their own independent actions from broadcasting if they want to. only thing the agreement does if I Tell you . . . if the court is the source you cannot reveal it. . . .. we asked everyone for comments. . .

If you find it out by any means necessary independent of this court you can publish (intimating court won't do media's work for them MOO)

Wow....Judge is not happy camper today. He would scare the britches off of me if I was in front of him today!

He has interrupted her several times now. CJBP ain't playing around today.

JP telling lawyer the agreement does not prohibit the media from broadcasting the jury location if found out from an independent source, only if found out through the court

HHJP is cracking me up!!! :lol:

I can only hope the Judge will be as tough on the defense team and CA's behavior - let's be consistent Your Honor!!

This woman needs to sit down and shut up now. She is drowning and didn't even realize she was in water.

Judge Perry is being so aggressive with her. He is interrupting and putting her on the spot.

Maybe this is his usual attitude with media - it may be that he does not want to encourage any more circus in this case created by publicity/media.

I came in late but as far as I can make out this lawyer for the media as a whole is arguing against the media not be told in advance of where this court will be going to pick a jury. HHJP just isn't having it.

So glad I am not in front of JP today, I would be crying!!! :(

JP asks is there an obligation by the court to inform media of court proceedings. Attorney responds there is an issue when that info is withheld. She says that the actions of tryng not to disclose the location is where the problem is. She says she should be able to go to clerk's office and look at docket to see days before where trial is set.

Media attorney is stammering all over the place.

This lawyer is mad, and arguing with the judge.

She needs to go sit down, and simma down! - IMO of course. She just isn't going to win this one. Arguing with the judge isn't going to help! :giggle:

This woman needs to sit down and shut up now. She is drowning and didn't even realize she was in water.

Judge Perry is being so aggressive with her. He is interrupting and putting her on the spot.

I agree with you

mo, but Judge Perry knows his case law and is ready to get this trial going, and I belive this media lawyer is going to get a big fat denied, if im wrong, the pass me the salt for my crow

HHJBP is serious now! Wow. If this is any indication of what the rest of today is gonna be like, watch out JB.

Maybe this is his usual attitude with media - it may be that he does not want to encourage any more circus in this case created by publicity/media.

pehaps he has seen or heard of jb/DT team media blitz....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa