2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she just ask this woman if she could use common sense??? And hopes she won't consider the DP?:gasp::gasp:

I can't believe that the multiple lawyers defending ICA all believe this is the best way to get a jury. This is so silly IMO.

The brain developmental problem thing is seriously baffling to me.

The defense sure seems to be harping on that. For them 2 drop their mental experts makes NO sense to me. How are they going to bring up brain developmental problems without:

1. Mental experts
2. putting ICA on the stand and let her tell her side of the story

Confoosed.

Mel

Now MissJames - Just a thought - this woman works with victims - not perpetrators. She's used to hearing all this junk from the husbands of the wives and children she works with...could be a strong SA juror in sheep's clothing...

Sorry,letting my bias (not Baez) show.
Bad experiences.
The ones I know seem pretty far out there when excusing behavior.

2x on jury, criminal cases.

first one a murder case-a teenager, sat nite special and drug deal gone bad
2nd one- a drug deal

two trials....first one in early 1990's... drug deal shooting murder situation

The brain developmental problem thing is seriously baffling to me.

All defendant's facing a death penalty have some sort of "brain problem" it seems.... *sigh*

Waste, huge waste!!

I can see our WSers going to Orlando and being like The Waterboy, but instead of water we provide drinks of choice to the SAs. (and HHJP of course) We could take turns and be available to them at all times during the trial.

I have mixed feelings about this PJ. I have seen so many trials end up with frustrated jurors due to counselors being on the panel and trying to analyze everything and anything. She could go either way.

I'm confused about these "mitigating factors"....what are these potential excuses for???? If she's claiming not guilty, that she didn't kill her....what the heck is she saying this "sexual abuse" caused her to do????

On every DP case there will be mitigation experts, just in case the defendant is found guilty. Usually there is enough evidence to understand that guilty is the most likely outcome.

Yes, mitigating life sentence instead of death if found guilty of 1st degree murder is what all this sexually abused mumbo jumbo is about. I don't know what witnesses they found to confirm KC saying she was sexually abused, I, personally, cannot believe a thing KC says. If she was sexually abused by family members I do apologize, but her long and winding lies that we are aware of make that thought a farce.

I'm confused about these "mitigating factors"....what are these potential excuses for???? If she's claiming not guilty, that she didn't kill her....what the heck is she saying this "sexual abuse" caused her to do????

"Ugly coping" pics :waitasec:

HHJP did not order sandwhich for ICA - her dinner is waiting for her if she tells JB she is hungry

Um - no - she said short. I was trying to help by providing her with a definition of short, but it doesn't seemed to have helped her, so I am having my "short" instead.

Just got mine too . . . We may all meet in AA by the time this trial is over :innocent:

"there was some kind of mental health presentation because of his age and t circumstances of his life."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragneel69