2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say....I love that little box they have to jump up on to get to the Judge's bench! LOL

AF: Can you tell me why your great great grandfather married your great great grandmother? And specifically what it is you like about cottage cheese? Sigh.

Not really but I think she is working up to it.

or what do you think of Ms A eating bologna and coleslaw for hte rest of her life.....:maddening::banghead:

OH EM GEE!! They're going to use her age as a mitigating circumstance??

They have to use everything for mitigation to help ICA. I guarantee we will see her "Employee of the Year" certificate, as well!

I cannot believe they would DARE ask jurors to consider ICA's age!

CONSIDER CAYLEE'S AGE! CAYLEE!

I don't think they will find many jurors that haven't heard about this case. Hopefully, the ones that know about it, it will be quickly apparant and they can let them go.
Wishful thinking?

I don't know how anyone could have not heard about this case as much as it has been covered by the media. I guess maybe some people that might not watch t.v or listen to the radio or read the internet or newspaper might not have heard of this case.

They could be more succinct and move along. It is a bit windy in there.

Now I am thinking of the other potential jurors who are looking at their watches thinking they too will be in the courtroom for a very long time.

Good morning, peeps! I am just now joining in, and I can't believe they are discussing the fact that ICA could be put to death, and she just sits there, cold as ice.

I wish JA had a mic on.

AF: I believe I have correctly stated the law.

JA: Read it back

HHJP: What the lawyer said at this stage is not the law. I will tell you the burden on both sides. As long as you agree to follow my instructions as far as the burden of proof.

AF: The law never requires anyone to vote for the DP. There might be one circumstance that would make you vote for LWOP. Could you do that?

yes.

Chiquita, just want to tell you how grateful I am for your very accurate updates these past four days. You've done a wonderful job!

I hope the judge is giving them a gentle nudge during the sidebar!

I wonder if it takes as long when a potential juror is obviously not appropriate like the lady that can't 'judge people' or the first anniversary pre-law student who answers questions in detail before they're asked. I sure hope that one is nixed quickly.

Are they going to try their case in jury selection...."well if you find this to be a mitigating factor will you consider this..........." they will weed out every juror that doesn't give them a yes indicating they are on the defense side right now before they even hear the case.

Looks like next year before a jury will be seated with this kind of questioning.

If they interogate each prospective juror like this one - it will take 8 weeks just to seat a full jury!!!
JMO

Is this amount of questioning normal in picking a death qualified jury?

OH EM GEE!! They're going to use her age as a mitigating circumstance??

oh yeah. and no history of violent crime and everything else on "the list" - but the state will also use every appropriate aggravator so....

I never thought I would be so happy to experience the silence of sidebar.
If it wasn't 10AM, I would go mix myself a cocktail.

Casey standing up. stretching.. oh my back.... fixing collar... sitting back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz