2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the victim impact statement is done before sentence is imposed isn't it? Are her parents going to give a statement that will harm possible appeals down the road, especially if Casey never admits to anything?

The Anthonys will have no difficulty giving impact statments that are in ICA's best interests. Most impact statements follow a pattern...how terrible the loss of the victim, how lives have changed with that loss, and how horrible the killer is. The Anthonys can say all that without admitting that ICA is guilty.

VIS are part of the penalty phase, after the verdict. The Anthonys do not have to agree with or support the verdict.

ETA I wonder if there are rules about what you can say in a VIS. Think I'll look into that a bit.

I can't think of ONE person who is going to do the victim impact statement, not one.

How tragic is that.

I believe at this point George, Cindy and Lee will give statements for the mitigation part and ask that ICA's life be spared and the reasons why their daughter/sister should not be killed.
I can- Uncle Rick and Grandma Shirley.

And yes, I stayed up past 2a.m. PST to catch up with you guys today- 23 pages on the p.m. thread alone!!! I fell asleep this morning watching it on In Session- think Ann Finnell put me asleep, on juror #1, plus I was working on a Migraine... Thanks for all the updates and screenshots. Very little traffic this time of night!:tyou:

I hope CA, GA, and LA all do some sort of victim impact statement. However, they will also have to make statements about sparing KC's life if she is found guilty and DP is recommended. As much as no one cares for them, that is going to be very difficult to do. I expect GA to cry, CA to wig out, LA to fidget and laugh nervously and say CMA a lot.

I sure do hope CA does not try to pull that Caylee is still alive bit, unless she says in my heart with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500