2011.05.16 Jury Selection DAY SEVEN (Morning Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Peeps, I think we are in for another long day.

Baez objects to the objection. I thought it a right of the SA or DT to object?

She answered truthfully, I don't know that she is innocent...

Everyone realizes the accuses is presumed innocent until proven guilty!

Baez once again objecting to SA speaking objections. What kind of objection is that lol I laugh at his skills everyday

I'm glad the judge read her the law. I think that will help her understand. She was confused about the law.

His Honor had to restate the question for Baez. "Do you think Ms. Anthony, as she sits here today, that she is innocent"

HHJP rehabilitated her... "i definitely can say she would be innocent now"

she got the POINT! good girl! we need her

SHESSSS A NURRRSSSEEEEEEE!!!! YIPEE

She has a facebook acct. Does does not follow internet accts on the case and does not watch Dr. G. she is a nurse.

I think I have a good read on this juror. I have heard other PTs answer exactly the same in real life. That is one reason I find her so credible.

JB: I also have a couple of questions. It appears that you have seen some coverage a few years ago but not since then?

yes

JB: what stands out as the most memorable?

the missing child aspect probably stands out the most.

JB: did you see any coverage about the investigation?

the body being discovered and it being in a wooded area, who discovered the body...

JB: who did discover the body?

either a cable worker or a power person...(laughs) some kind of a worker...but I don't know why he would be in the wooded area but I am not sure.

JB: something previous about the person who discovered the body?

no.

JB: when the judge asked you about ICA presumption of innocence you said I guess so. Is that because you have been exposed to something previously or is that just how you answered.

I guess I answered that way because I really don't know. but I don't have a problem presuming her innocent.

JB: I don't want to mischaractorize what you just said, you guess you don't know or guess because that is what the judge will instruct you...no wrong answers.

I really don't have an answer, I would presume her innocent.

JB: as ICA sits here right now do you presume her innocent.

I don't know the answer so I don't know how to answer that question. I believe it is her right to a fair trial.

JB: but you don't know if she is innocent.

LDB: the revant issue is...

JB: object to speaking objections...

HHJP: you must presume or believe the defendant is innocent. this presumption stays with the defendant through out the preceedings. the state has the burden of proving evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. what the court the state and the defense want to know and only you know the answer...council said there is no right or wrong answer...the question is: as miss anthony sits here today whether or not you can presume she is innocent and until the state takes away that presumption with proof beyond a reasonable doubt. We know you are not lawyers, concepts new to you. Some can do that some can not. How definite you are.

I can say definitely she would be innocent.

JB: face book?

no

JB: twitter?

no

JB: followed this case on the internet?

no

JB: discovery health?

not really, I am a nurse I get enough of that at work.

JB: Dr. G show?

no

Actually, we do have ONE seated juror right now. :sigh:

I agree..... ***sigh***

Is there any chance this juror can still be struck? She is the one that worries me the most (right now).

HHJP reading the definition of innocent until proven guilty for clarification for the juror. Some people can do that - some people can't. Just tell us in your heart how definite you are. I can definitely say she is innocent.
Have you read or followed this case on the internet. No. No investigative discovery shows - I am a nurse and I get enough of that at work.

Cart before the horse, cart before the horse. I never wanna hear that again.

She is coming off as a kind of a blank slate as far as the case is concerned, or else she is trying to come across that way? I can't tell...

She is not against the DP, but doesn't have strong feelings either way. In some instances it is appropriate.

Sorry if this has been asked, but do all the jurors have to vote DP for ICA to recieve it or is it majority rules?

Hi friends, I lurked long enough, I gotta a time out at the beginning cause I was snarky towards ICA but I am posting again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo