2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True it is probably before they received instructions and just saw all the commotion.

I can set aside the opinions that I have heard and I can vomit the poison which someone gave to me with no after effects. Not a problem!
I am sorry...you have to answer! Answer! Answer!

What is wrong with these people? And why isn't there someone in the jury room making sure they don't talk about it??

I agree. When I served on a lengthy trial, there were always "watchers" as we were selected, and waiting to face voir dire.

court TV..someone should have questioned that one

Wonder what the implications are? People talking in the jury room/considering her guilty. Wow seems like potential for a tainted jury? Dunno...

Yeah this isn't good. The DT is going to eat this up.

OH OH ----COURT TV---He watches Court TV

And he does not want to decide if she is guilty or not...BYE

Juror to Baez: " Oh sorry I didn't know if you were done asking a question"

Me: Of course you didn't ...baez tends to meander around a question!

*passes out TUMS and mumbles, for the love of pete.......

How many people in the jury room talking? I'd say at least 2 or 3 groups in different areas.

PJ: "This is a persons life were talking about".

::ICA nods::
What about Caylees life, Casey?

baez stalled so of course people in the area are now talking about the case

Oh Lord,do we have to go through this jury selection AGAIN? :thud:

IIRC, that AA elderly lady can't render a judgment on someone...why would they dislike this juror ?

Yesterday when this group of Jurors walked in Baez kept pointing at someone and acknowledged someone. Not sure if it was a juror or maybe someone else in the court. Just funny it was when they had turned around and the jury was coming in.

HHJP: can you lay that aside and decide only on the law that I give you. Some people can do that and some cannot. Up to you, search your soul. Thought about it?

If it was asked of me, I think I could do it but it would be difficult.

HHJP: what degree of difficulty?

without killing myself

HHJP: we are not going to ask you to do that. the question I have in my mind is this sir, knowing the opinion you hold, do you believe you can be a fair and impartial juror in this case.

Because of the stakes of this case, I think I can be.

HHJP: hestitation?

I can do that, I made that statement with 100 percent certainty.

HHJP: pretrial pub.

LDB: when you speak about the opinions of others, that is all there is out there right now but as a juror you would determine the facts regardless of people's opinions.

yes.

LDB: friends and family's opinions?

hearing around, here today everyone who has been sitting around jibber jabbering.

LDB: who has been around you talking for the case

there were a lot of conversations and which (get rid of this guy IMHO) I heard people talking about this case. They were all neg, they all said she is guilty.

LDB: these were people you don't know, summoned for jury duty?

In the jury room.

LDB: besides opinions were there factual matters discussed?

I can't be certain.

LDB: did anyone talk about particular aspects of the case?

no

LDB: when you heard the opinions in your circles of friends, did you join in discussion?

not really( IMHO: I DO NOT like him as a juror) I don't watch the news, heard of it just the opinions from other people. (what is his issue with other people's opinions its like he hates that people have them)

LDB: I take it from what you are telling us you haven't seen local news?

I might have walked into a room while they were playing it but...

LDB: GR? JVM?

no

LDB: did you see Baez on NG?

(yeah, jose laughs at NG but he was on her show? hypocrite much? IMHO)

Because they are seeking the death penalty and I don't take that lightly. (IMHO this person is too against the DP to serve)

LDB: can you find her guilty without having some other opinion bleed into those considerations?

I believe I can.

JB: (boo) I want to stretch this out as long as I can by asking questions really slowly and not getting to the actual question...

I wasn't sure if you were done with your question. (the pot juror says)

JB: it appears that putting this aside is something you want to do, is that correct?

I am naturally curious, I would watch on court tv I don't want to go further...but its being part of the decision making would weigh heavily on me.

JB: how?

whether she is guilty or not, I can weight the facts it interests me but judging the punishment would be hard for me.

JB: never been in this position before?

no

JB: it is alot to ask of someone. but how would you put something aside that you have been previously exposed to?

it is someone's life. I take that seriously. I would not let outside opinions effect that.

JB: but you have one?

I have not seen much fact, like on court tv. I understand the difference between fact and opinion.

JB: okay. ( I KNEW IT!!!!!@!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member