2011.05.31 TRIAL Day Six (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK here's what I know as a law student and talking to my judge professors: the rules of evidence are difficult! Cheney Mason is sleeping on the job - the door should never have been opened. JB's three years experience is just not enough. It's a crucial, crucial mistake...but Mason should have schooled JB on this Huggins case.

... and that HHJP was the judge, and that it was upheld by the state SC. Amazing. What a colossal blunder.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, why does JB even need his FILE for AH today? The SA said that they'll take about 40 minutes. By then it will be just shy of 5 o' clock, granted no sidebars, or breaks. JB can take notes on today's testimony and come back tomorrow for the cross hopefully WITH his file.

Does this make sense? I'm not too good at the legal procedures just yet.

I can't for the life of me figure out why he has files and not backup type things for computer & such.....I mean he has some electoronic gagets....

im cookin away here in Hospice... DID CINDY COME THRU FOR CAYLEE? no time to read right now.... tia

Best spanking ever!! :great: I think JB's picture must be next to the word "unprepared" in the dictionary.

I'm so glad Amy's testimony is coming in!

Why can't Baez have someone from his office bring it over? How far is his office from the courthouse?

Are you saying you think Baez has his files either alphabetized or chronologically filed??? Is that what you are saying???

...........................:floorlaugh: ....:great: ........:floorlaugh:

The commentator is talking about how the 6 felony convictions will make her look bad to the jury. I don't think they will be too surprised at this point.
Now they are talking about this opens any conviction up to appeal on inadequate counsel. I could have told them that in the beginning that she would have a case for inadequate counsel.
Now they are talking about how important it is to have an experienced lawyer in a capitol case. Ya think?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, why does JB even need his FILE for AH today? The SA said that they'll take about 40 minutes. By then it will be just shy of 5 o' clock, granted no sidebars, or breaks. JB can take notes on today's testimony and come back tomorrow for the cross hopefully WITH his file.

Does this make sense? I'm not too good at the legal procedures just yet.

Maybe he won't know what to object to?
This is ridiculous, all of the files should be on the computer anyway. Maybe he should just keep Websleuths site open and he can see all the documents he needs. Sheesh!

Next witness Amy H.
JB: arguing no advance notice
LDB: he was advised she was coming into Orlando
HJBP: how long
FG: 30 minutes
HJBP: to JB - where is her file
JB: over weekend working on it - didn't expert her to be called today - ask for early recess
HJBP: you asked for room to store files, unless something has changed you didn't store files there last week, haven't walked down hall today - are they stored there today
JB: took file to office over weekend
HJBP: will take her direct testimony and stop after that - plain and clear - if you want files you better put them in there - I am not stopping any more for you to get files

LDB also said that she told JB that Amy was coming to Orlando from Barcelona over this past weekend.

Oh good grief... JB saying he didn't realize AH would be called today...

WE KNEW!!! I KNEW! How could you not have known... Can he not tell the order which the state is going? Of course this is where AH comes in... obviously JB! You should prepare yourself...
IMO, he knew she was coming up soon... and just wanted to wait on her testimony. For whatever reason...

Looking forward to hearing what Amy has to say...

Exactly! It's not like the State is going randomly. You knew that the next witness was either going to be AH or LA, just from how the timeline works. We will get those two witnesses, then probably shift into the first arriving LE and from their to the detectives. The state is telling a story. You can pretty clearly see which chapters will go where.

Bill S giving a great recap - sez baez effed up and opened the door to letting those felony convictions!

Baez opened the door with ICAs hearsay statement

She is so screwed

The great thing is LDB brought up the state objected (and was overruled) on all those statements so it was over their objection those items were brought in!

oh good grief... Jb saying he didn't realize ah would be called today...

We knew!!! I knew! How could you not have known... Can he not tell the order which the state is going? Of course this is where ah comes in... Obviously jb! You should prepare yourself...
Imo, he knew she was coming up soon... And just wanted to wait on her testimony. For whatever reason...

Looking forward to hearing what amy has to say...

jb should have followed the "time line" like we did. This is just 2 funny

Wait till Lee testifies and tells about the spiteful biotch comment. ICA had told Lee that Mom should have done this a long time ago meaning calling LE imo. That is the reasoning behind JB's questioning about Casey's constant lies. Her parents fault not hers. This is a grown woman.

:rocker:I'm so loving JB right now. Very effective council. yessiree:woohoo:
Did CM object or is he sleeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members