2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB better find a new line of work. The whole world is seeing this. Who in their right mind would want him as an attorney after this mess? He has just done himself in. Very incompetent. MOO

But if I'm not mistaken, the smell was reported in the 911 call, and by others at the home. Is that not correct? If that is correct, why on earth wouldn't LE check the vehicle?

Because at the time there was no reason for LE to think that there was a dead Caylee. It was a family dispute which turned into a missing child case whereas the mother of the missing child said she believe the child was fine. There was no reason at the time to suspect Casey of killing Caylee and transporting her in the trunk of the car. It all makes sense now in hindsight but there was no way anybody would have known that at the time.

As Casey's statements became questionable that is when LE changes their investigation.

Jb: "And then you ask her if she ever committed suicide" ......that was funny.

OMG....YM states he doesn't think it would be possible to ask KC if she had commit suicide.

I literally spit out my tea. All over my shirt.

I wish I could read the thoughts in Yuri's head when he just stares at Baez the way he does. He really does face him down he is not intimidated and will not be tricked.

I really don't get it. Baez sounds like one minute he is going after Yuri for the cops assuming Casey was a suspect (the whole putting her in the back of the "cage" of the car)

The next minute he is seemingly making it look like Yuri missed things that would point out that this case was "unique" or in other words that Casey was obviously lying or guilty and that he did not pounce on her soon enough!!

Which does Baez want? I'm confused.

GO YURI!! responding that he was gathering information from the mother of a missing child. He is doing so well and making Jose look like he's on a fishing expedition. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consulting with CM in the manner that JB does really takes away whatever credibility he's trying to achieve. It looks like CM is in charge & JB can't do things himself. It doesn't look the same when the SAs consult with each other!

Seizures??
He's not saying Casey lies so much because she's epileptic is he? :banghead:

I love how Melich looks directly at the jurors and speaks to them when he's answering a question/explaining something.
:)

At that time, no one in LE knew that the car had any significance at all. They were focused in on the fact that a child was missing / reported kidnapped.

True, but I would think that at the very least, ONE of those LE officers would have passed the vehicle, smelled this awful powerful odor of decomp, and CHECKED IT OUT! Sorry, I think this should be detective work 101. I would think part of police academy training would have to be to expose future LE to the scent of decomposition so that they would recognize it. The fact that the car stunk to high heaven, and LE let it sit there at the A's house for two days (if I have my info correct), is beyond comprehension, imo. This has bothered me ever since 2008, when we first learned about it.

I love the quizzical way Yuri looks at Baez.

PS- after this afternoon I wish we had a rant room where we could go off!!!

Loved the suicide question.

"Did you ask Casey if she had ever committed suicide?" - J Baez (at his finest)

JB better find a new line of work. The whole world is seeing this. Who in their right mind would want him as an attorney after this mess? He has just done himself in. Very incompetent. MOO

After this fiasco he should really consider going to a trade school.......

What is the deal with the seizures? Baez keeps asking about the seizures. Trying to taint the jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname