2011.06.03 - JVM -Leonard Padilla Cease and Desist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was LP or anyone from his team a member here?

Yes, his nephew Tony posted here... if memory serves me well, he was verified by WS staff. He went on to expose LP for what we had long figured out: a liar. He seemed to care for his uncle, he just didn't care for how LP was making up stuff for attention.

I'm not sure what show he was on, maybe Nancy Grace, but he went so far as to suggest that Roy Kronk is friends with George (from before any of this happened). We listened to his Daisy Chain, and all the other theories, always presented as FACT, not as something he pulled out of the air. I do believe it is time for his 15 minutes to end and I am very happy to hear about the cease and desist!! Not surprising to me that he is not a witness for either side, he has nothing of value to say!!!

I always liked his hats:crazy:

I only have one question - what took them so long -he is been yakking about his theories for three years, to any camera he can get his face in front of.He have been discussing circumstances as if he was there and knows all about them. He doesn't. it's about time some one got him to put a cork in it. :maddening:

He isn't a witness now and he never was. Aside from putting up a bond on behalf of his nephew, and getting turfed out of the house by ICA less than 10 minutes from the time he set his foot in the door - he knows nothing.

I've seen far too much of his self ego stroking...

The Anthonys finally got a decent lawyer. Mark Lippman has done a marvelous job for them so far and it seems to me he is not only a good guy but a pretty effective lawyer.

I just don't think she'll testify.. I think it would let the SA introduce too much other damaging information.

YES, thank you, ITA! I was just watching HLN and saw her trying to refute the "tantrum tape" the jury witnessed in court today. She was throwing out a carefully-chosen selection of tidbits from the tape that were totally out of context and trying to say how they completely corroborated the Defense's version of events. (Oh you know, nevermind the other 99% of the tapes that DON'T corroborate it.) Disgusting.

May I just politely ask..............WHY?????????????

Janie Weintraub, LKB and Geraldo are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse than LP. I'd watch him anyday over the other three. I actually mute the TV when Janie Weintraub comes on.

I'm okay with never having to hear another word out of LP's mouth, but there is such thing as Freedom of Speech... they might have to file a civil suit against him... but I don't even know if they have a case for that?

It took them standing in Caylee's corner for my heart to soften one IOTA. Like most here, I am sick of LP. I like him as a person, but when he stated on NG that they had INDEED found a fingerprint on the duct tape and it never materialized, his credibility went south with the birds. :(
Here's the link.
http://www.cbs12.com/news/caylee-4714606-anthony-casey.html

They didn't have Mr. Lippman before. I think I kind of like him. He seems to truly be concerned for their well-being over anything else.

Sorry Mods this is very O/T but a timely spot....

Me too - I think he's being just excellent for them. Instead of encouraging them to express themselves publicly like Brad Conway did, which really blew up some dust storms for them and gave Brad lots of media face time, Lippman has been able to express to them how important restraint is.

When you think about it - they really haven't said a peep since the Caylee shoe incident. And that is how it should be. Brad Conway would never have been able to successfully lead them out of this mess they now find themselves in. And I would add, a good part of it was their own misguided making.

The accusations Baez has made against Fred and Lee are very serious. They will impact them for their whole lives - very negatively. I'm grateful they have him. They will have to answer to what they did earlier on in this case, but right now - they definitely need his umbrella of safety to get through this ugliness.

On topic, Padilla has only made this whole mess worse with his self-serving theories.

I remember those days well. I was in the minority and anything negative said about LP caused an uproar and that was after he said he wanted to pull Caylee's skull out of the river in full view of the media. People still professed their love for this [unusual man]. He didn't do anything for Caylee nor did his team of [unusual people].

On a different note, I just realized when JVM was showing some of Casey's videos that she knew exactly how many days she was in jail but couldn't remember when she killed Caylee.

IMO

Yes, that TOS keeps getting in our way.:floorlaugh:

Seriously though, I left a forum that only had ONE Mod and you had to contact him by email. He was NEVER on the forum.:waitasec:

That's why I joined WS. I love that there are rules in place that we ALL have to abide by. All the Mods are fair (even though Kimster like to zap you with that ray gun:blushing: :blushing:) and I have NEVER felt so at home on ANY forum. I have 27,000 + posts on another forum and it doesn't hold a light to this one. I log in once a month to keep my account open. I stay logged in here. The peeps are awesome, the Mods even more so, and Tricia is like a second MaMa. It doesn't get any better than right here. While I'm at it, I want to to welcome all the newbies. You are posting wonderful comments and I feel you will fit right in here at WS. So welcome. ;)

Yes, his nephew Tony posted here... if memory serves me well, he was verified by WS staff. He went on to expose LP for what we had long figured out: a liar. He seemed to care for his uncle, he just didn't care for how LP was making up stuff for attention.

Yes, I remember when Tony was on - and he warned us there was a bombshell coming we wouldn't expect - I wonder if we've now heard it......:waitasec:

He was only in the Anthony home for a few minutes, but his tale of what happened takes hours to tell, and changes.

He caught a fish this --- big, then next week, it's ------- big.

That's probably what Mr Lippman is tired of. Dunno.
Well It is about time he was shot out of his saddle along with his 10 gallon hat. Good shooting C& G

Yes, that TOS keeps getting in our way.:floorlaugh:

Seriously though, I left a forum that only had ONE Mod and you had to contact him by email. He was NEVER on the forum.:waitasec:

That's why I joined WS. I love that there are rules in place that we ALL have to abide by. All the Mods are fair (even though Kimster like to zap you with that ray gun:blushing: :blushing:) and I have NEVER felt so at home on ANY forum. I have 27,000 + posts on another forum and it doesn't hold a light to this one. I log in once a month to keep my account open. I stay logged in here. The peeps are awesome, the Mods even more so, and Tricia is like a second MaMa. It doesn't get any better than right here. While I'm at it, I want to to welcome all the newbies. You are posting wonderful comments and I feel you will fit right in here at WS. So welcome. ;)

LOL - so Tulessa - I take it you have never actually been zapped by that ray-gun??? Like ..mmm...me? :innocent: :great: :floorlaugh: :great:

LOL - so Tulessa - I take it you have never actually been zapped by that ray-gun??? Like ..mmm...me? :innocent: :great: :floorlaugh: :great:

I got a warning (gentle nudge) . I have walked the straight and narrow ever since. The thought of a T/O terrifies me. :floorlaugh:

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

BBM: I totally agree ... She should NOT be on these talk shows having been a part of ICA's defense team ...

In my opinion, LKB is more of a problem than LP . . . MOO MOO MOO

Ahggg - she is just showing off her new face and trying to drum up some new business - any one who is watching this trial or reading about it knows she is blowing smoke out of her ears.....

:seeya: Don't think I've said hello to the DT reading here today. Hi Kids!

IMHO - I don't agree with the A's. This week they rec'd a ton of compassion (even me), and now they are filing a C&D order on the same person who bailed out their daughter. Who gave them time to spend with their daughter. It doesn't seem right to me.

I'm on Padilla's side on this one.

MOO

Mel

I believe the bag man was actually Padilla's nephew Tony. Padilla just carried the bag from what I understand.

Maybe they were upset about him telling the secondhand story of GA coming after KC when she wouldn't say where Caylee was? I just heard that again from him last night.

But that story is really good for George, imo. I think that story shows that he did not know about any accident and really wanted to find out what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni