2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. I think HHJP is considering it.

I wish they wouldn't let it in.

I hope they just make him testify without animation.

I hope the judge lets the animation in. The defense had made points about the duct tape not being on the left part of the skull.

ICA should be ashamed of her performances in court, the jig is up..and the DT, SA and the HHJP know she's acting..it's so obvious after showing that video

HHJP asking the witness if he can testify to his work without the video. I don't think the witness is proving he needs the video very well. Seems like he just thinks it would be helpful rather than needed.

I don't think the video should be seen by the jury...This is the ONLY time I've agreed with JB.

It's funny that KC has NO tears while they're talking about the hair mat, etc. now. Oh yeah....the jury's not in there.

If she does keep up the show after the jury gets back, I am sure that it will not be lost of HHJP that she is fine one minute and "sick" the next. It may backfire on her if she is planning on taking any more days off.

Please let this in!!!IMO the anger ICA is showing is because the duct tape is indeed the murder weapon!!!!

I cannot believe this tape was so disturbing that even JB's voice cracked and he called it disgusting yet ICA just sat there and watched it.....I cant believe the change in her "emotion" when there is NO JURY PRESENT

BBM

I think it's exactly how ICA has alwas been. All of her friends thought she was a good mother...ICA knew how to put on a show for an audience. I bet when they weren't around she was hateful to little Caylee.

You need to review McDuffy vs State 2007 decision case 26 pages long ....need to reread it....

JB - 403 ever created for scenario - it's this.....unfair prejudice , influence jury, there has been no testimony....this duct tape was in fact was as in the video....cite pierce vs. STate 4th case ...97 case ....clearly shows presentation relevant and fair accurate reflect oral testimony....no testimony this duct tape on this child face in this postion....Dr. Warren can't testify...there were 3 pieces - one found 4 feet away..

HHBP - let me hear the witness...profer - no objections - hear what man has to say

Michael Warren - forensic anthropoligist - assoc. prof anthropolgy @ U of Fl.....C. A .POund human identification...lab....

involved with DR. Schultz in prepare report in this case...examine skull and other bones in this case.....issue of the duct tape...establish weapon cause death....how video superposition created....taking photos of decedent skull.....photo of the duct tape and picture off internet...same scale.....photo scales are in there ...size of each images ...face has no scale...first match face to skull then match and aligned and use scale and tape to superimpose the soft tissue....use skull for 1:1 with tape on face....possible without superimpostion to determine Caylee nose? .....research data out there anthropometry in living children ....some measurements ...not measures needed from landmarks in question....any other way to demonstrate duct tape cover nose and mouth other than this process? not....that is populational data apply to single person - better elegant do measurements on the individual....

JB - discuss duct tape being the murder weapon w/JA? discussion with Dr. G....don't remember JA asking murder weapon of duct tape but ask if possible could cover both airways - early on......didn't meet JA until later on.....Dr. Warren suggested this to Mr. JA ....not present when duct tape removed from skull...never saw other than a photo....photo with duct tape attached to hair mat....hair mat underneath skull...object- thought we were not going to have objections...tying it all together.

nestled at base of skull....normally hair usually on top....decomposed hair slumps....talking about live person.....how large child is? no - need landmarks of face ...children grow rapidly.....much older or larger in that photo ...at time of death vs. photo....photo looked fairly recently....not an infant photo.....

Dr. what is purpose of demonstration? HHBP =- show it is possible that tape could cover nose and mouth.....skull utilized necessity...frontal view of scale with photographic scale and tape taken by FBI use skull and tape overlaying image 50% opacity take the two and make same size - sizes are real and match....no scaling of photo but use scale of scale and the landmarks....move from scale and skull and scale of the tape....once scaled to skull can superimpose with image with soft tissue......the actual skull received from medical examiner office....animation will aid his explanation....it is illustrative it is possible....without the video animation can testify....disadavantage takes illustration of the science trust that he is familiar with the data....1.75 cm and anthropologic scale .....based upon photo and skull...close in time not significant growth between skull and picture....

no further questions...witness stand down...

The question seems to be whether it will aid the expert in helping the jury to understand his testimony or whether it's just prejudicial.

The way that the duct tape was photographed...it looks like a death mask...I just...it is too difficult for me to process this emotionally. It just...this is beyond frightening and sad. Coupled with that...you have ICA "acting" sad where she could not manufacture emotion during the 31 days. I just...wish I could have adopted that child. I know that my ramblings border on off topic. But this is a video showing the super-imposition of how the State believes the duct tape was place. Why should the Defense even care? They have already told the jury that GA gave Caylee's remains to Kronk? Why are they fighting this? They have already told the court that ICA has no clue what happened to Caylee after she "drowned".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500