2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
she is ANGRY. look at tension in her wrist that she is holding to her mouth...she isnt just holding the kleenex, she is making a fist.

Who does she blame that she`s sitting there? Blame herself for telling lies.

Sounds to me that they did a good job on the documentation of the recovery process. Doesn't seem like they missed anything.

Starting early today, but Casey is working up the sickness exit again. jmo

KC's mind: Yayyyy...Gotta make an excuse to get outta this early again....Friday nite...Fusian Hot Body Contest.....ooopppsie, what a drag, I'm on trial for murdering my baby....how could SHE do this to ME....always gets in the way of MY fun....

WHY is she blowing her nose?? She hasn't shed ONE freakin tear!!!

he is talking now about searching from the skull site out on hands and knees and sifting the leaf debris for more remains

A screen station...for this baby...ARGH. Thank God for all these experts that cared about Caylee more than ICA. ~sigh~

I hope not. Costs the State so much $$$ if the trial is adjourned for the day again. Just the hotel bill alone for the jurors is enormous.

ICA head down, holding tissue to her nose, rocking herself back and forth slightly and taking deep breaths. Was just patted by female atty to her left.

I believe HHJP has a back up plan....probably a "viewing" room where she can watch the trial live, can have one or more of her attorneys with her, a barf bag and a garbage can. Trial will go on. I would actually prefer not to have to look at her.

Really? All this disturbed, ill, crying by ICA is only making me more angry with her. I wonder what the Jury is thinking of her display. She can only show appropriate emotion when it serves in her best interest.

I wonder what Casey is thinking right now....she flinches at the words "duct tape" almost everytime it is said.

She's remembering how hard it was to tear and how it almost caused her to break a fingernail right before Blockbuster date night. :innocent:

ICA, look at all of these hundreds of professionals who came to find and help your daughter. They did everything they could. Crawled on hands and knees to make sure they got every part they could.

I'm so impressed with how objective yet kind all the forensic and medical experts are. Must take a special kind of person to be that special a scientist.

Cant' stop thinking about Casey's photobucket account and all those skeleton and skull pictures. She must have had some sort of a concept of what was going on with Caylee's poor little body, but it seems the real imagery is too much to take. Wow. Was it worth it, girl? Really?

I think CM is trying to say that the hair mat was holding the mandible in place, not the duct tape.

I think he scored a mini point here.

How strong can 'hair mat' be? I believe there were also 'roots' which seems to me to be more of a factor..Also duct tape? I'm kinda confused IF the tape was in that area of the skull or not.

JA always mentions his "really bad question" after asking something that doesn't really make sense. He is smart enough to know when that has happened and comments, unlike another attorney that just keeps going in circles.

Well of course the tape was not connected to the bone itself..........it was attached to her face!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was not speculating why the jaw was still attached, he was just testifying to what was holding the jaw and skull together when he looked at it.

This Dr. comes off very well, imo.

I think so too. Personally, I like people who speak quickly, but I understand in court it makes it difficult on the transcriptionist and jury.

I don't think Casey should even bother trying to cry. JB is trying to build his whole case on the fact that she's very disturbed, has grown up having to hide her true emotions because of abuse, has lived in denial and in her own world away from reality, etc.

In other words, she should either convincingly cry, or give it up. This half-a$$ed stuff isn't helping her case at all.

I cannot stomach ICA being coddled.....it's going to cause ME to heave, puke, throwup, etc! GGGGGRRRRR

just remember her act when she was being questioned...she's no hothouse flower and no one is buying this shrinking violet act.

JA: What is your first recollection of seeing the skull?
Dr: I looked in the bag and saw the skull. I saw duct tape and didn't want to interfere with the tape.
JA: Does one of the photographs show you holding the skull?
Dr: Yes.
JA: Was the mandible ... is there anatomical position? What is that? Was the mandible in close to anatomical position.
Dr: It was close (to anatomical position). It was close. That was surprising.
JA: What was holding the mandible in place.
Dr:The hair that had moved to the base of the skull.
JA: What about the tape? Did that have anything to do with holding the mandible in place?
Dr.:No.
JA: Did you find anything indicating trauma?
No.
JA: Did you plan to excavate the site where the skull was found?
Dr.: I would not call it an excavation. I would call it a recovery.
JA: What was the plan for recovery?
Dr.: I had arrived and we discussed how to process this type of scene. It had a number of difficulties, it involved a small child, bones had not ossified yet, heavy environment. Many issues we had to consider. We decided to process the scene with everyone on their hands and knees and we would be screening for scattered material. I worked the initial location where the skull was found because I was the one identifying and screening all the bones.
JA; What is screening?
Dr.: All material was brought to a screening box and one or two people would sift through all that material. The sheriff set up a secondary area for further sifting.
JA: Did you decide what mesh of the screen should be used?
Dr.:The bones were small so yes.
JA: Are there photos of the recovery process?
Dr: Sheriff's department was in charge of all the photographs, I ws just there in an advisory role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74