2011.06.15 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Nineteen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the prosecution giving its closing statement today???

Also, is RK and DC going to testify for the state, even if by redirect???
No closing states will be after the DT puts their case and chief on.

Today after the State rest the Jury will leave then the DT will argue the motion they filed for acquittal. The DT will try to argue that the state didn't meet the burden of proof. The state will also rebut that argument. So stay tuned after the jury leaves today.

GM to all. Missed yesterday as I was ill. Was the SA's end of case strong as we all hoped for?

There should be a little excitement today. After the State rests it is almost 100% certain that the Defense will petition for acquittal (it's kind of Standard Operating Procedures). It is also 100% certain the judge will deny the request (as going back over my notes from College I couldn't find one case we studied where it was granted after the State's CIC), but I'm sure JB will give it the old college try in arguing for early acquittal.

Morning all!

Going to get caught up on all the house work that has been in the tank since May...

I don't get the fooling with jurors like they are dice...or trash...or was that garbage...

Nope!! That would be Pop Tarts!! LOL

GM to all. Missed yesterday as I was ill. Was the SA's end of case strong as we all hoped for?

Not as strong as many hoped, but it was still a nice coda that fit in well with their OS. Having the tattoo artist tell the jury about the Bella Vita tattoo.

If I were in the jury I would be severly PO'd after sitting there for 5 min and being dismissed for the day. Especially because I'm sure there are some women on the panel who take a little extra long getting ready in the morning.

cupcake-1.gif

Morning all :wave: Love all the "thwart :cupcake: cakes"...hopefully today will be the ultimate "thwart" for the DT.

This DT is doing this for what purpose? Makes no sense making the jury come in and transporting KC and all that for 10 minutes of court. Bet they don't tell the state who they plan to call like the state did for them. CJBP kept shrugging his shoulders when LDB asked, knowing they might not and there's nothing he can do about it.

There should be a little excitement today. After the State rests it is almost 100% certain that the Defense will petition for acquittal (it's kind of Standard Operating Procedures). It is also 100% certain the judge will deny the request (as going back over my notes from College I couldn't find one case we studied where it was granted after the State's CIC), but I'm sure JB will give it the old college try in arguing for early acquittal.

I think it will be Mason arguing this one..

If I were in the jury I would be severly PO'd after sitting there for 5 min and being dismissed for the day. Especially because I'm sure there are some women on the panel who take a little extra long getting ready in the morning.

I hope that's not the case since they should be going to court to hear testimony, not for a fashion show. JMO, though.

What? We're only getting 5 minutes today? :eek:

Will the video of Caylee at the Nursing Home ever be shown?

:seeya: Off to work in a bit. Looks like I really won't miss too much. Keeping the faith for my girl.

Morning all!

Going to get caught up on all the house work that has been in the tank since May...

I don't get the fooling with jurors like they are dice...or trash...or was that garbage...

And wasn't CM's tone kinda' nasty when he refused JA's suggestion?
i suppose the jurors will think JA just hauled them in for a very short session.
I thought it was unprofessional, but probably has some trickery behind it . . .

JMO

And wasn't CM's tone kinda' nasty when he refused JA's suggestion?
i suppose the jurors will think JA just hauled them in for a very short session.
I thought it was unprofessional, but probably has some trickery behind it . . .

JMO

Was all this at the end of session yesterday? I try to listen to only what the jury hears, so I guess I missed all that. What happened?

So the state will rest today and the defense will be filing a motion for a judgment of acquittal, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven