2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defendants facing the Death Penalty often have excellent, experienced attorneys represent them. This applies whether they are accused of murdering their own child, raping and murdering a child, killing a spouse for financial gain, slowly torturing someone to death in a cruel and heinous manner, etc. Only too right given that they are facing the Death Penalty. In my view, a person should have experienced defense attorneys represent them if they are facing ANY serious charge.

As to having a blow-up picture of Caylee in the court room, it is not relevant to any material factual issue. All it would do is inflame the jury. That is very plainly and simply an unfair to conduct a trial and convict a defendant.

BBM.

And ICA has....JB. Ok, I guess the rest are ok.

I'm on the west coast here...8 and a half months pregnant...scared to walk away from computer to get breakfast (I'm starving, lol) for fear of missing something!!!!

Crank the volume and go feed yourself, girl.

What I was thinking is when the prosecution presented their CIC we did not see any of these sorts of delays but since the defense has started their CIC this has been a constant.

I think that makes the DT happy because they think it diminishes the impact of the State's CIC.

Glad the State gets a rebuttal and the last word in closing arguements.

I wonder how Juror #4 will feel once this is over, to find that she was the focus of so much media/forum speculation? :innocent:

#4 won't judge on gossip but she's judging on evidence...she might be the first one to enter a guilty verdict...I believe she just wanted OFF this case...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I'm gonna be on social security by the time this trial is over.

I think KC believes she's gonna get outta there today....or soon, IMO.

CaseyAnthonyCh9‎ #Caseyanthony
"Reports of motion filed circulating. No new motion has been filed with clerk of courts office. We have crews standing by"
Twitter - seconds ago

The defense attorney is supposed to make sure his clients rights aren’t trampled and that the trial is fair . DT is supposed to want the truth to come out and an accurate verdict to be found. $ enters that picture and suddenly defense attorneys are all about getting guilty people off scott free

Suddenly SOME defense attorneys are all about getting guilty people off scott free. The good ones still want to see justice done they just want to make sure that it is done correctly so that everyone's rights are preserved.

That is in the best interest of everyone.

Smirking, smiling behind hand- ICA. CA & GA looking less than thrilled.

WDBO Caseyday29 Robyn Walensky WOW I just saw CASEY pass NOTE onYellow legal paper2 Cheney Mason & he goes back in2Chambers with it #caseyanthony

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28367402/detail.html

Casey Defense Files New Motion For Mistrial

Motion Cites South Florida Judge's Ruling
POSTED: 9:07 am EDT June 27, 2011
UPDATED: 9:13 am EDT June 27, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony defense attorney Ann Finnel filed a motion for mistrial Monday morning based on a recent opinion from a Florida judge.

The motion asked that a new jury be seated in the case that is not death penalty qualified.

A judge in Miami ruled one week ago that a man's death sentence for a 1991 murder, and Florida's Capital Sentencing Statute, violate a Supreme Court ruling and the Sixth Amendment....

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28367402/detail.html#ixzz1QTzyl3sV

OK, fine HHJP can rule on it and we can just go forward. that still does not tell us what happened on Sat.

I'm on the west coast here...8 and a half months pregnant...scared to walk away from computer to get breakfast (I'm starving, lol) for fear of missing something!!!!

Feed that baby!! :seeya:

This was the case:

Miami judge ruled a week or so ago:

Paul E. Evans was convicted of killing a man in exchange for a stereo, a camcorder and some insurance money, according to court documents. The judge ruled that because the death penalty is an "enhanced" sentence under Florida law, it contrasts with the Supreme Court's ruling on Ring vs. Arizona, which found that the Sixth Amendment requires that a jury find "enumerated aggravating factors" for enhanced sentencing.

Judge Jose Martinez, in his ruling on the Miami case, argued that the defendant has no way of knowing whether the jury found the same aggravating factors as the judge -- who ultimately decides whether any of those circumstances constitute death -- because the findings are not explicit.

Aggravating circumstances, under Florida law, include disrupting law enforcement, felony murder, a great risk to many people, a victim less than 12 years of age, and anything that is perceived by the court as heinous, atrocious or cruel.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28367402/detail.html#ixzz1QTxlXsbY

Here is another Jose from Miami. Where this case is different is tha ICA has a victim under 12 and she was murdered. The case is not even similar. I would hate to think that this is a first high profile hispanic lawyer conspiracy. Keeping fingers crossed for Justice for Caylee.

Do you think it's the forensic psych report or the motion for mistrial that ICA has been reading?

B Shaeffer said the decision re DP they are talking about only effects that decision and doesn't have jurisdiction in other cases. Only Supreme Court can do that. Maybe the Circuit Court of Appeals.

bobkealing

#CaseyAnthony Didn't think I would be looking at empty jury box, bench and prosecution table at 929 am. Is direction of trial changing?
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

"Forty three bottles of beer on the wall...."

Ya'll keepin up with me??? :great:

Casey Defense Files New Motion For Mistrial
Motion Cites South Florida Judge's Ruling

"Snip" POSTED: 9:07 am EDT June 27, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Ann Finnel filed a motion for mistrial Monday morning based on a recent opinion from a Florida judge.

The motion asked that a new jury be seated in the case that is not death penalty qualified.

Read more:
http://www.wesh.com/r/28367402/detail.html

Can't read it now, but not understanding why they would have to start over if the DT is repealed AFTER the trial.

They find her guilty, sentence her to Death Penalty. DP is repealed AFTER trial, sentenced to LWOP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member