2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have hear over and over again from the defense attorney's that THEY do not have to prove a thing. Well I believe that they CAN'T prove anything where their opening statement is concerned. But yesterday George didn't look as good (appeared he was covering up an affair-far cry from helping a murderer IMO), Kronk can go either way with each jury member, but the Cindy/Lee thing yesterday????? Bizarre. But if their goal is to have Cindy impeached, what happens to "And it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." Does that go poof if her testimony is impeached? Does that not become as damaging any longer after yesterday's little side show?

I don't think it will hp, in the calls you can hear Cindys panic and pain..I don't think she could have faked that, and also the jail house visits were real emotion.

If Casey should take the stand the one line of questioning I will be waiting to hear is where was the grief for your dead child that drowned in the pool. what could she possibly say to that, I don't remember the drowning? That is what they claimed.

That should have the jurors roaring with laughter.

I would imagine if she were to take the stand..we would see a ton of tears...shaking...the works...the jury wouldn't see her true colors until she got off the stand upset that she didnt get a standing ovation...jmho

I also think they have phone records, and I think RK knows that too, because, at one point, I think he said he talked to him 12 or 15 times. I just listened to the son's depo and he said that they had been trying to rekindle a relationship as RK was his bio dad and they had not had contact for 10 years or so.

OOPS - How rude of me! GOOD MORNING ALL:)

I also believe what RK said was the conversation about him being rich never took place and that RK did call his son on December 11th to tell him he was going to be on TV and his son could see him for the first time since his son was 8 years old. That, in itself, is sad. RK's attorney obviously just told him to answer the questions as briefly as possible and that is why it was so confusing. He was forcing CM to do all the work. jmo

I just read the levi Page thread. Seems like RC was on his show last night and she was rip roaring mad and calling George a liar, that they did have an affair.

Why did she deny the affair in the police sworn statement? I believe her as much as I believe the Anthonys. :liar:

Good morning all, Hoping today will end the DT fiasco. One day closer to justice for sweet Caylee.

Article in the local paper today (Tallahassee) saying that Sally Karioth is due in court this morning. Her husband is a reporter for the newspaper.

She is the grief therapist/nursing professor/certified traumatologist.

Interesting. I'm also a Cert. Traumatologist who studied under Dr. Charles Figley & his wife Kathleen at FSU before he moved the program to Tulane.

Funny.. I certainly don't remember being taught that traumatized mothers (even if their baby accidentally drowns) "normally" throw their babies away like trash, then party for 31 days.

Hmmmm, her testimony should be interesting.

Morning Everyone. Had a virus on the computer. Thankfully it is now removed so I can continue to log on and get updated. Sure seems like today will be interesting. Hope RC doesn't start any fireworks early. She was on fire last night on Levi's show. Peace

When did you get your virus? I got one last week. I only had WS and the wbdo live link up. I am think hackers got in the wbdo feed. May be wrong. Suppose to have this great virus protection on computer here at work and once again proved our computer geeks it ain't that great. Seen on news that hackers were hitting several interests in Orlando had already had an attack. They didn't say on what. It has something to do with not feeding the homeless? What virus protection is everyone using?

I am not sure if I believe a word RC would have to say. If she wasn't in it for the "fame" she would have never got on TV, weather or not there was an affair.

Good morning...waiting for the sideshow to begin and end so we can get back to the real trial issues.

I would imagine if she were to take the stand..we would see a ton of tears...shaking...the works...the jury wouldn't see her true colors until she got off the stand upset that she didnt get a standing ovation...jmho

This will be interesting...HHJP warned the DT that he needs to ask the defendant if she is willing to not take the stand of her own free will...will ICA be able to, with her own mouth, say she is willing not testify.

I will be surprised if she does...IIRC correctly...Diane Downs couldn't be kept off the stand...and IMO if ICA takes the stand...she will be accepting the needle.

(that is if JA and LBD and FG don't hurt each other trying to get to the cross)

Something George said in the jailtapes videos made it clear to me that he and Cindy had been having a marital problems for a while. (Something in the trend of, being closer, finally being able to be honest with each other.) So I wouldn't be surprised if he had an affair. I really don't care whether or not George Anthony had an affair. Sadly enough, he's not the first and he won't be the last. I don't see what any of that had to do with Casey murdering Caylee and throwing her away like trash. Being raised in a broken home, you might have some issues sure, but it doesn't mean you're going to grow up to be a murderer. Show me the psych evaluation.

I also think they have phone records, and I think RK knows that too, because, at one point, I think he said he talked to him 12 or 15 times. I just listened to the son's depo and he said that they had been trying to rekindle a relationship as RK was his bio dad and they had not had contact for 10 years or so.

OOPS - How rude of me! GOOD MORNING ALL:)

Good morning, mombomb and all. I didn't know about the rekindling business. I can you imagine, in this context, RK calling his son to tell him about something good he has done, something his son can be proud of him for ~ and look what the defense team has made of it.

Just another example of the collateral damage of the Anthony family. All the way from hurting each other (killing, in fact) to volunteer searchers having to hire attorneys to damaging a relationship between father and son. Makes me irked and righteously indignant.

No wonder they have a court deputy shadowing Casey everywhere now and even sitting behind her in court. At first I wondered if she had made some off-hand threat to someone during her latest meltdown but now I think it may just be to protect her. :dunno:

In any event, I'm here with you all, seat belt firmly fastened and coffee in hand. We are all ready to see some justice come out of all of this chaos, primarily for Caylee but also for those many others who have been damaged by the Anthony family and defense team.

I will be :cheer: for Caylee, HHJP and the state all day (even though it's hard to wave those pom-poms while sitting on your hands. :D )

Good morning. Can't hang long today since I still have stuff to do before MIL's plane comes in tonight. I'll have to get off the computer and crank the tv around 11:00 or so. Watch today be the day ICA takes the stand. Just my luck.

Regarding computer viruses: since the trial started, and I have several windows open during, I've been running a full computer scan every night. I've found and disposed of trojans several times. I use AVG.

This will be interesting...HHJP warned the DT that he needs to ask the defendant if she is willing to not take the stand of her own free will...will ICA be able to, with her own mouth, say she is willing not testify.

I will be surprised if she does...IIRC correctly...Diane Downs couldn't be kept off the stand...and IMO if ICA takes the stand...she will be accepting the needle.

(that is if JA and LBD and FG don't hurt each other trying to get to the cross)

:floorlaugh: @ your last line. Who do you think will win in getting to do the cross? I say Jeff Ashton. :rocker:

I am suffering major withdrawals. I worked last night and have 2 more nights to go. I haven't been able to see trial footage since Monday. Now that the forensics portion seems to be over, it looks like things have gotten less technical. I hate that I am missing it. :(

I am praying everyday for a guilty verdict. I'm torn on the death penalty, but I definitely believe she deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail. I believe she deserves the death penalty, but there are other child murderers who have committed much more brutal crimes who didn't get it. So in that sense, I am torn.

At any rate, ICA is just evil and heartless.

Morning to all! (I'm waiting for my sleepy meds to kick in, the joys of night shift.)

Morning, everyone.

I'm betting it's going to be a frustrating morning for the jurors, as they get sent out of the room while the grief expert gets heard by the judge, but a fascinating morning for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa