2011.07.01 TRIAL Day Thirty-three (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone? I don't understand what this "residue" business is about?

Dr. G did not cut open the cranium and instead did visual and had testing done from saline washes of the cranium.

Dr. Spitz did open the cranium and found what was decribed as a residue that could be indicative that Caylee laid on her left side as she decomposed.

Just posting info on the "residue" not making a comment about which doctor was "right". TY all. JMHO

JB came close to a homerun. He will get it on surrebuttal. Saline wash is not a good technique but he had to do it because he didn't open skull. Supports Dr. Spitz' assertion that autopsy was shoddy.

Respectfully, I disagree.

ICA has a very worried look on her face. I think she feels the walls closing in on her.

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF BRUCE GOLDBERGER BY JA

He is professor and director of toxicology at University of Florida.

BA in zoology and MS and phD in forensic toxicology. The majority of his work is medical-legal.

He tests bodily fluids for the presence of volatile substances.

He was contacted by Dr. G in 2008 in reference to Caylee's remains. He came to Orlando and took samples which included a small piece of the left femur, some marrow of the left femur, they prepared two saline washes from the cranial cavity, hair samples, hair mat samples...

OBJECTION

SIDEBAR - 2:54-2:55

strands of hair, some matted hair and soil from the matted hair.

The cranial washes - in the autopsy room, they sealed the sutures of the cranium with a waxy material then added 30 ml of saline to the cranium then they poured the saline into tubes. They did this twice.

After analysis - they did not find that any of the residue was decomposition product.

CROSS EXAMINATION BY JB

Did you say you collected something from the femur?

OBJECTION

Yes.

SIDEBAR (2:58-3:00)

He collected bone marrow.

When he did the saline wash, was it a crude type method? It is a technique he has used a number of times. It's crude, but it is what it is. It is the best way he could do it without opening the skull.

Products of decomp - a number of chemicals. They were not tested for DNA. The chemicals they look for don't have DNA - low molecular weight compounds.

He is not a DNA analyst. He did not send the samples for DNA?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He returned the samples to the ME in Orlando.

Witness excused.

Huge applause for MOMBOMB: :woohoo::rocker::takeabow:

As annoying as all of JB's objections may be, if he fails to object where possible.....he fails to preserve the record for appeal.

Granted he could skip a few objections, but considering he probably isn't savvy enough to filter them...he objects to everything.

Looks like Caylee is literally raining on ICA's parade today =)
Here too in Chicago ~ angry, thundery & lightning skies.

She's ashamed of her grandma.

All of us at Gentiva worked together in a work sharing program. We gave each other our passwords and covered for each other on a regular basis. If we had to leave the office for some personal business we just got someone to cover. We were all salaried and our manager knew what we were doing. That is why I enjoyed working there so much.

Ya might wanna be careful what you admit to. ;)
The lawyer guy just testified it's against policy to share logins/passwords with other employees. Well, I assume with anyone.

I'm an RN with about six different username/passwords for various computer programs at my job. I've been a nurse for twenty years, and in the last fifteen, I've used computers every day in my work. Not one single time, EVER, have I shared my password or even been ASKED by another nurse to know his/her password or share it. And I am the type of person folks consider nonjudgmental and maybe an easy "mark".

People that DO do it would never admit it in a court of law or even to each other for gawd's sake. And no one would come behind them and admit they were part of it even if they were. This is almost on the level of diverting narcotics for personal use.

Peteygirl.....I was just about to compare that the kind of people who would admit to sharing work passwords are the kind who would be dumb enough to discuss their potsmoking with co-workers too....Then you brought up narcotics...lol

:floorlaugh:
objection
SUSTAINED
but
SUSTAINED
may I approach your honor
NO
but
SUSTAINED!!:rocker:

Just from what I've been able to follow looks like everybody is a recipient of ICA's Death Star Stare today. Her own lawyers as well as the SA.

and because Jose has to have the last word and insists on droning on and on ...........sur-rebuttle should be a blast:floorlaugh:

This guy is going to say good practices do not include cutting open a skull.

I would give anything to know what ICA is really thinking right about now...she's looking pretty pale to me...

I wonder if i should choose taco bell or cici's pizza as my last meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675