2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh I wish JA hadn't done that. But HHJP needs to rein JB in. He's seeing that he's getting away with things and he's been pushing his limits.

B. Sheaffer said that Baez is charming..... wonder how charming the jury thinks he is after THAT outburst.

He looks like he could hurt someone. (Sneering & Seething as he points at Mr Ashton.)

sorry but you must be talking about someone else, no way JA would do anything intentionally to hurt this case.

And yet he just did. Understand: His conduct this morning is potentially grounds for a MISTRIAL, and it is absolutely grounds for a possible appeal. And I say this as someone who has been nothing short of amazed at his performance thus far.

His conduct has been unprofessional in the extreme.

No matter how you look at it,they are both officers of the court and should act professional at all times!

LOL!!! Maybe someone at the prosecution table accidently let out a toot !:floorlaugh:

I've attended long meetings before where this has happened and we couldn't help snickering. It wasn't me:innocent:

wm

Its happened to me in church! My brother was the tooter. And you know, the more you try to not laugh, the funnier it gets!!!! When my stiffled giggle turned into a snort, he started to laugh. We finally snuck out under the glare of our mother's eye!:floorlaugh:

I think JB keeps committing contempt of court because the judge allows him to get away with it time after time without ever sanctioning him in any way. People are commenting on Ashton but I think he was trying hard not to let his feelings be known but was having a hard time.

Baez now singing to CA (Rosebud) - That's what you get for loving me - I ain't the kind to hang around - with any new love I found....

Oh Gosh....now I'm gonna have an ear-worm the rest of the day! LOL
Love that song.....the harmonizing is fantastic!

ETA: Guess I should clarify!
I am OOOOOLD. So the harmonizing I'm talking about is when it was sung by Peter, Paul and
Mary, so so so many years ago.
This is the way I remember it: :)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5v89eqDEsI"]YouTube - ‪Peter Paul and Mary, For Loving Me‬‏[/ame]

There's alway a chance she'll change her mind after the State finishes!

That's what I told her. In her defense, she said she doesn't know if should could ever be on a jury because she is easily swayed when it comes to these kinds of things. She also said she can never make up her mind.

I dunno, that's my mom and I love her! lol

I wouldn't make a good attorney. I would have laughed, too.

Either way it goes, let's please get back to the business at hand, justice for Caylee.

WFTV keeps replaying the video.

They keep talking about Jeff but for crying out loud the defense did it throughout the trial.

1 hour 40 minutes left for the defense.

I am sooooo praying the members of the jury don't feel the way THIS blogger on WFTV (and apparently her entire office full of mothers!) apparently does:

Comment From Guest:
During the entire trial my office and I have only watched the days on channel 313 without all of the commentary from the armchair 'quarterbacks'. I have to say that when I was listening to commentary today on channel 9, quite shocked, the perception you are communicating is from a perception of someone who has more info than the average person. We are all mid 30s, 40s, all moms, and income over $100k, so I think we are semi-educated. We feel there is so much 'reasonable doubt' that we could NOT find someone guilty, and Ashton comes off quite arrogant quite often! If anyone on the jury has a problem with our government, Ashton has not won them over!

i do find it scary knowing that there is so much that the jury never gets to know.

Respectfully, JB has smirked his way all the way thru this trial...is that ok?

Sure! Jose has been smirking at the "fantasy forensics." Casey makes faces, and gestures the whole time the jury is in there.

So it's all good.

Hey, my mistake. Didn't mean to insult. Must have misunderstood your point.

No problem! I think the 99 degree heat is getting to me. Outside is the only place i get good wifi.

I bet he's going to a media tent to look at video.

JA was NOT LAUGHING! Hate to burst the bubble of the JA is causing a mistrial.

He was laughing and he was doing it before JB said anything ,I noticed it and was thinking about how he laughing before JB had his outburst ( might have even been a half hour before) So it wasnt the first time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288