2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez finally got his act together, and has shown that there is reasonable doubt if the jury see the evidence from his viewpoint

the state better get up there and knock some holes in the defences closing, as even though he rambled and went on about many things that were of little valut to his theory he did manage to say enough things that could give the jury pause for thought

I never thought he had it in him, he has utterly suprised me in how he managed in his own inimitable style to do a pretty good closing

JB talked for 3 hours! ugh! Fel like 30 hours.

Bill S, on WFTV saying JB was very generous taking up for JA and not asking for sanctions. Is he kidding? JB was at fault, too, especially making his laughing guy statement. That only called the jury's attention to JA. I'm sure they were watching JB and his storyboards (or napping) when it happened.

I also don't think that JA was the only one that was going to get the boot in the behind. Baez was too and he knew it.

CM is going to start in ten minutes. Get the liquor.

My dh got me emergency butterscotch schnapps during the gigglegate recess. I really need to spoil him good after this is over, he's been a saint.

That was a quick reply. I deleted my post right away because the pic I tried to post does not show. It is the pic of Caylee in the "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" shirt. THe shirt she was found in. She is not at home in this pic, but barefoot. IMO JB implied that because she was found barefoot, that means that she did drown. IMO I stated in an earlier post, that she seemed to be barefoot IMO when she was with her mother.

Caylee wasn't found IN anything ,IIRC.The shorts ,fabric from a shirt and a pullup were found,but her skeleton was scattered and material destroyed.
There were no feet,just scattered bones from her feet.
My apologies for being so blunt, but that's the reality of her condition.

Bill S. just said LDB has over 2 hours left for the State.....

wow poor GA is out in the hallway alone. Poor guy. The hits he took in the Courtroom were brutal.
I think the hallway cameras are a bit disrespectful. One should be able to take a break w/o being on camera.

I think I'm going to go take my shower (yes, I'm still in my pajamas !!)

My DH says he now has some doubts about the state's case. But he did not follow the trial and knows next to nothing about the case.

this is emotionally draining

It must be he77 for the actual participants.

I cannot believe people are posting that their family members are getting doubt from JB. That makes me so upset I can't even think straight. I don't get it.

Don't worry, Wonder Woman Linda will be up soon to refresh their memories :)

CM's voice grates on my nerves, literally. It's like someone chewing on a rubber band or nails on a chalk board.

I don't know guys. I was a HUGE "Innocent until proven guilty" person in this case in the beginning. Then in the last few weeks I said, "She Did It". Now............. I think what JB said made a lot of sense to me. Casey's emotions today said a lot to me as well. I think something is very wrong with Casey but I don't see intentional murder here.

Please don't judge me; going with my gut and the evidence. This case is crazy and I've never followed a case before except for this.

I just am on the fence now because I really feel JB did a great job in closing argument.

The whole disregard the evidence of the scene made me lose it.

Disregard her lies and partying.
Disregard the car.
Disregard the scene.

What does that leave. . .oh yeah. . .follow the tape! UGGH!

Regarding the socks and shoes: If it can be inferred that the lack of socks and shoes means that Caylee died at home, it doesn't mean anything. Based on Casey's computer activity, she would return to the Anthony home after George left for work everyday (since she didn't really have a job as she claimed). So even if Caylee was killed at home, it still could have been Casey. Also, if she drowned, as the defense says, and then George goes through the trouble of changing her clothes, why would he not put on socks and shoes? IMO, the lack of socks and shoes means nothing.

BS is raving about Baez's closing..Ugh!

eta..he gives him a B/B+..In 10 yrs he will probably be a very formidable lawyer..Needs experience.

I don't know guys. I was a HUGE "Innocent until proven guilty" person in this case in the beginning. Then in the last few weeks I said, "She Did It". Now............. I think what JB said made a lot of sense to me. Casey's emotions today said a lot to me as well. I think something is very wrong with Casey but I don't see intentional murder here.

Please don't judge me; going with my gut and the evidence. This case is crazy and I've never followed a case before except for this.

I just am on the fence now because I really feel JB did a great job in closing argument.

Please listen to LDB's closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member