2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I don't touch alcohol, but I'm going to start passing out Jello shots. :waiting:

I know a very motherly and protective shot girl manager that could help you with that if you need it!:crazy:

I don't know guys. I was a HUGE "Innocent until proven guilty" person in this case in the beginning. Then in the last few weeks I said, "She Did It". Now............. I think what JB said made a lot of sense to me. Casey's emotions today said a lot to me as well. I think something is very wrong with Casey but I don't see intentional murder here.

Please don't judge me; going with my gut and the evidence. This case is crazy and I've never followed a case before except for this.

I just am on the fence now because I really feel JB did a great job in closing argument.

I too am on the fence, she may have died in an accident and it did spiral out of control, I do know that on evidence presented in court I could never convict Casey of murder, there is just not enough evidence fore me that she was even murdered,

I do think the whole Anthony family and that includes Casey know exactly what happened, so she/they are guilty of some crimes,

I think this jury may hang

I just don't get how people think this causes doubt. Just because JB claims that the LE and SA office were only after ICA and that the experts were wrong? Again, if that is so, that is all any DTnhas to say to get their client off. I just don't understand.

Bill S thinks CM has about 40-45 minutes and then LDB has 1 hour 20 minutes

I have watched many, many trials, gavel-gavel on the old, original Court TV over about a 7-10 year period every day.. I was a trial addict, actually.

My opinion is that Baez's closing argument ranks among the best I have ever witnessed as it relates to creating reasonable doubt in a TOUGH, TOUGH case. I didn't think he had it in him, but . . .

I don't know what actually happened, in detail, to Caylee, and no one else on the planet does, but I know that a pre-meditated murder verdict is not a slam dunk.

I am willing to be proven wrong, but for those who have followed this case relatively closely and can still be objective about it, hang on to yer hats!!

Yep, he did a FANTASTIC job in every way.

However, the prosecution gets the final word, and in this case it's gonna be pretty easy. Despite all the twisting and spinning the RELEVANT facts are really very clear.

Sheaffer grades the defense argument as a B or B+ and says in 10 years he could be a very formidable lawyer.

Not without any clients to hire him, he won't.

Did they just say Defense has 45 minutes left??? AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Why would CM discuss charges? Isn't the judge supposed to do that?

This thread is moving so fast, I don't know if anyone has answered, but are we going to get to the closing rebuttal tonight regardless of time?

BS is raving about Baez's closing..Ugh!

eta..he gives him a B/B+..In 10 yrs he will probably be a very formidable lawyer..Needs experience.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't as great as BS thinks it was. I will admit that JB had a tough job ahead of him. And he didn't do a bad job considering what he had to work with. IMO his assassination of GA though will backfire on him.

I tell ya, having the avatars & signatures turned off & choosing 100 posts per page view, makes this thread a lot easier to read. No disrespect to anyone.

Time for a beverage. Cheers!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6837913#post6837913"]NEW THREAD HERE.[/ame]

We have over 6,200 posts on this thread. Let's get a clean one.

Locking up quickly.

CM has 40 - 45 minutes
Bill Shaeffer, wftv, CM will cover all the charges and why there is lack of evidence and asking Jury to return verdict of not guilty

Here's my shameless plug:

Don't miss Websleuths Radio TONIGHT at 5PM PST! Don't miss what RICHARD HORNSBY and HOLLY HUGHES have to say about today's closing arguments! It's going to be interesting, to say the least!

NEW THREAD HERE.

We have over 6,200 posts on this thread. Let's get a clean one.

Locking up quickly.

Sorry to shut the door so quickly but my pages are stalling and loading slowly. Wanted to make sure we were all together and on the same thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member