2011.07.07 Lightening Strikes Tree @ Suburban Dr. Remains Site Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see things very differently. I see righteous indignation, and legitimate outrage at a gross failure in our legal system. When people feel their societal systems of governance are corrupted or ineffective, they are entitled, perhaps even obligated, to demonstrate and agitate for change. I don't see hatred...other than possibly that directed at a murderer and those whose less than honorable acts facilitated her escape from accountability. I see frustration from feelings of extreme hopelessness directed at a system which succeeds sometimes but which fails too often, as it did in this instance.

FL has wide open sunshine laws. Most testimony, investigation, documents, a plethora of information related to the KC case had been released prior to trial and many people, including many on Websleuths who have followed this case closely have had access to that information and poured over it. Many people have, for years now, considered all the possibilities, including all those presented at trial by the defense and by the prosecution, and many other possibilities not mentioned at trial by either side. The jury didn't have access to all that information or time to process it. The prosecution presented the case very well, but, somehow the jury didn't buy, appearing to ignore that evidence and latch on to everything the defense said in opening statements which was NOT evidence. The also didn't seem to understand the judges instructions and what the prosecution didn't have to prove. However, they spoke and adjudged KC not guilty. Their votes are the only ones to count.

For many who have closely followed the case, based on our own exposure, it is obvious KC is guilty even though our system has decided it will not hold her culpable. To me, that is a travesty. There is something wrong with a system that can't convict the guilty. It is justifiably upsetting. People are processing a systemic failure. A large group of people wanted justice from our legal system and don't think they got it. I count myself in that group. Telling us to "get over it" and inferring that somehow we are stupid, hateful, ugly, uneducated or don't understand the constitution, as I heard Cheney Mason do last night, isn't helpful, although everyone has a right to express their opinions on this matter. That's exactly what EVERYone is doing right now. Freedom of speech.

Valid to hope everyone remains decent and no one gets hurt, but so far, the only person injured or dead related to this trial is little Caylee. Right now, some seem concerned with the possibility of future harm or crimes. Others are upset about a past harm, a crime for which justice will forever be denied as a murderer is set to walk free. Now lightening has struck. It's made me feel a lot better!

What a great post! Thank you! Please send this to various news media (I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill O'Reilly and a few others read it in its entirety on the air).

Thanks, but you know what they say about free advice. :)

Just because people are here venting does not mean they are not, in fact, working to seek positive change in Caylee's name.

Indeed, that free advice passed out in regards to how righteous indignation is healthy was just as appreciated.

Yes, I know, it's only acceptable to feel enraged and those that do not agree belong in the corner. I won't stay in the corner and others should not be pushed there either.

We see things very differently. I see righteous indignation, and legitimate outrage at a gross failure in our legal system. When people feel their societal systems of governance are corrupted or ineffective, they are entitled, perhaps even obligated, to demonstrate and agitate for change. I don't see hatred...other than possibly that directed at a murderer and those whose less than honorable acts facilitated her escape from accountability. I see frustration from feelings of extreme hopelessness directed at a system which succeeds sometimes but which fails too often, as it did in this instance.

FL has wide open sunshine laws. Most testimony, investigation, documents, a plethora of information related to the KC case had been released prior to trial and many people, including many on Websleuths who have followed this case closely have had access to that information and poured over it. Many people have, for years now, considered all the possibilities, including all those presented at trial by the defense and by the prosecution, and many other possibilities not mentioned at trial by either side. The jury didn't have access to all that information or time to process it. The prosecution presented the case very well, but, somehow the jury didn't buy, appearing to ignore that evidence and latch on to everything the defense said in opening statements which was NOT evidence. The also didn't seem to understand the judges instructions and what the prosecution didn't have to prove. However, they spoke and adjudged KC not guilty. Their votes are the only ones to count.

For many who have closely followed the case, based on our own exposure, it is obvious KC is guilty even though our system has decided it will not hold her culpable. To me, that is a travesty. There is something wrong with a system that can't convict the guilty. It is justifiably upsetting. People are processing a systemic failure. A large group of people wanted justice from our legal system and don't think they got it. I count myself in that group. Telling us to "get over it" and inferring that somehow we are stupid, hateful, ugly, uneducated or don't understand the constitution, as I heard Cheney Mason do last night, isn't helpful, although everyone has a right to express their opinions on this matter. That's exactly what EVERYone is doing right now. Freedom of speech.

Valid to hope everyone remains decent and no one gets hurt, but so far, the only person injured or dead related to this trial is little Caylee. Right now, some seem concerned with the possibility of future harm or crimes. Others are upset about a past harm, a crime for which justice will forever be denied as a murderer is set to walk free. Now lightening has struck. It's made me feel a lot better!

Because people see a suspect as guilty does not bypass a court of law nor justify blaming a jury for meeting the requirements of their service. Those interested in justice are concerned that the justice system is about to be derailed.

There is not sufficient proof that Casey Anthony killed her child, so says our laws that we all agree to abide to by living in the United States of America.

Everyone does have the right to state their opinion, one of the best things about America. It does not allow for inciting violence. The morality and ethics we cling to in praying for justice for little Caylee does not include taking it into our own hands.

Here is the deal. We don't do religion on these forums. It will be the fastest way that a battle erupts. Everyone of us has our own thinking on religion and I doubt 2 of us could agree to the same thing. Having said that, we aren't saying you can't say this was an act of God, or you believe it is Caylee who is upset.

Where we are not going to go, is using religion attacks saying that people don't listen to God or are not God Fearing, because they don't accept this verdict. Whoever you believe in or whoever you don't believe in is your business. Don't inflict your moral judgement on the other posters in this thread.

And if you don't like the thread rather than try to disrupt it, just pass on by there is plenty to talk about in other threads.

NO more religious attacks!

I wish lightning would strike twice in this case. Once at the memorial site, twice hitting ICA on the top of the head and straight up the leg of JB's trousers, now that would be awesome!!

If we were to believe some of the things reported, that would not be too far of a trip.....

Because people see a suspect as guilty does not bypass a court of law nor justify blaming a jury for meeting the requirements of their service.
Where is anybody bypassing the court of law or our laws in general? No one's done that...unless you want to bring up KC, who killed her baby, or the defense team who ignored one court order after another during the trial and whom JP said might face sanctions at the end for doing so. Of course we can blame the jury. We can't kill the jury. We can't get harm the jury, but we can certainly blame the jury. Ask Mr Mason to tell you about the constitution. How can we make things better if we can't talk about how bad they are, see that change is needed and push for it?

Those interested in justice are concerned that the justice system is about to be derailed.
Surely, you aren't saying that protests should be forbidden, freedom of speech quashed, or that people want to derail the justice system because they disagree with this verdict and say it out loud, or because, in analyzing things jurors have said and done, many have come to the conclusion that jury deliberation wasn't done very well. Again, we see things differently, I see people identifying a real and serious problem, expressing their displeasure and looking for ways to fix a system they think is broken. I include myself.

There is not sufficient proof that Casey Anthony killed her child, so says our laws that we all agree to abide to by living in the United States of America.
We live under laws we can change when it becomes clear the old ones aren't working the way they should. We also live in a new era. As I said before, the evidence for this case has been available to all, not just the jury, not just the judge or lawyers, to everyone through FL sunshine laws and the document dumps...required by LAW. Under these conditions and laws, it's not only the jury who gets to review the evidence (if in fact this jury ever did), it's anyone with a computer. It's all out there in this case. The letters from Cindy's brother. The cell phone pings putting Casey at the house on the day that Baez says Caylee "drowned", although he's actually said other things at other times. The computer records are all there, including ones that have her uploading many, many photos to her Facebook page that day (a means of handling extreme grief, perhaps.) There is the flurry of calls to her friends and family around 4. It's all out there in the open for ANYone to see, analyze, interpret and to use to decide what they think happened. Don't blame people for drawing their own conclusions. No one's strung up the judge (who I personally loved) or jury and I'm willing to bet, no one has even considered it. Again, the only person who has been murdered here is little Caylee and her murderer will go free. We should consider whether THAT alone is much more of a danger to our legal system than a zillion angry people speaking their minds.

Everyone does have the right to state their opinion, one of the best things about America. It does not allow for inciting violence. The morality and ethics we cling to in praying for justice for little Caylee does not include taking it into our own hands.
Whew, what a relief that freedom of speech and free assembly are still allowed. Again, the only victim of violence so far is the little girl whose murderer the system just set free. Again, that act has the probability of generating much more future mayhem than any words I've heard spoken.

Thanks, but you know what they say about free advice. :)

Just because people are here venting does not mean they are not, in fact, working to seek positive change in Caylee's name.

Exactly! Look what WE helped accomplish with Caylee's Law!

Where is anybody bypassing the court of law? No one done that...unless you want to bring up KC who killed her baby or the defense team who ignored one court order after another during the trial. Of course we can blame the jury. We can't kill the jury. We can't get harm the jury, but we can certainly blame the jury. Ask Mr Mason to tell you about the constitution. How can we make things better if we can't talk about how bad they are, see that change is needed and push for it.

Surely, you aren't saying that protests should be forbidden, freedom of speech quashed, or that people want to derail the justice system because they disagree with this verdict or because, in analyzing things jurors have said and done, have come to the conclusion that their deliberation wasn't done very well. Again, we see things differently, I see people identifying a real problem and looking for ways to fix it. I include myself.

We live under laws we can change when it becomes clear the old ones aren't working the way they should. We also live in a new era. As I said before, the evidence for this case has been available to all, not just the jury, not just the judge or lawyers, to everyone through FL sunshine laws and the document dumps...required by LAW. It's not only the jury who gets to review the evidence (if in fact they ever did), it's anyone with a computer. It's all out there in this case. The letters from Cindy's brother. The cell phone pings putting Casey at the house on the day that Baez says Caylee drowned. The computer records that have her uploading many, many photos to her Facebook page that day. The flurry of calls to her friends and family around 4. It's all out there in the open for ANYone to see. Don't blame people for drawing their own conclusion. No one's hung the judge or jury and I'm willing to bet, no one has even considered it. Again, the only person who has been murdered here is little Caylee and her murderer will go free. We should consider whether that alone will do more harm to our legal system than a zillion angry people speaking their minds.

[/QUOTE]

No matter what anyone says otherwise, there is a definitive push to silence those that are accepting of the judicial system and it's verdict. That's how it was designed and that's how it works. Just because we believe someone guilty does not make them so, as so many have been freed after being proven to be innocent, not just found not guilty.

People are being labeled some not so nice things for accepting a reasonable decision and that certainly does not promote justice for anyone.

Benjamin Franklin "It is better one hundred guilty persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer."

Exactly! Look what WE helped accomplish with Caylee's Law!

I wish "Caylee's Law" was able to stop things from happening to children that shouldn't but it's unlikely to. It may entrap the very people that least deserve it. All the money that will be spent on bills in various states or on a federal level will be money that could have been spent on finding kids that are missing.

I will be a whole lot more worried when people everywhere just shrug their shoulders and say 'oh, well' when these things happen. People SHOULD care. Non violent outrage is good for the system of any country. It points out mistakes and flaws and promotes good changes.

This thread has brought some comfort and the begining of healing to a lot of people. Maybe even a smile or two for the first time after the verdict.

If it took a lightning strike to accomplish that, I, for one, am all for it!

I will be a whole lot more worried when people everywhere just shrug their shoulders and say 'oh, well' when these things happen. People SHOULD care. Non violent outrage is good for the system of any country. It points out mistakes and flaws and promotes good changes.

This thread has brought some comfort and the begining of healing to a lot of people. Maybe even a smile or two for the first time after the verdict.

Paintr, the Thanks button just wasn't enough. This thread, and posts such as yours, have been a balm to my soul. Who knew that complete strangers would some day offer comfort to one another as they grieve for a child that they never met.......

People are being labeled some not so nice things for accepting a reasonable decision and that certainly does not promote justice for anyone.

Benjamin Franklin "It is better one hundred guilty persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer."
The labeling is flying both ways. People who disagree with the jury's verdict have been labeled "lynch mob," and insulted and dismissed as dumb and unpatriotic. Last night, I heard Cheney Mason, dripping with contempt, insult those who disagreed with the verdict and nag that we needed to read the constitution. I took great um bridge in Mr Mason's comments, especially since his defense bunch repeatedly defied the judges orders and may be held in contempt of court for doing so. They also seemed to have no problem throwing innocent witnesses under the bus to protect their client who (just speculating) I am pretty sure they knew was guilty in the trial just completed. I think maybe he should re-read the constitution himself. JMO, of course. Probably taking it too personally.

The main danger in all this, though, is that a murderer HAS been released into society, not a prospective one, not someone likely to incite or be incited into violence, but a woman who is actually responsible for the death of a child. Will she cause another death...more destruction, as that she heaped on her friends and family throughout this ordeal? Hope not. Her release may encourage others of similar ilk that they too will be able to harm others, then beat the system...as she did. Miscarriage of justice can encourage citizens to take matters into their own hands...which is why society should always work toward a system which keeps miscarriages to a minimum. We need to work on the system both ways. We need a system which keeps the innocent out but which puts the guilty in. Failure to do either is....well, failure. Better that only 1 guilty person need be released to keep 1 innocent from suffering, especially when you consider all the carnage (suffering of innocents) those 99 other guilty could inflict on society if permitted free reign.

No matter what anyone says otherwise, there is a definitive push to silence those that are accepting of the judicial system and it's verdict. That's how it was designed and that's how it works. Just because we believe someone guilty does not make them so, as so many have been freed after being proven to be innocent, not just found not guilty.

Benjamin Franklin "It is better one hundred guilty persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer."[/QUOTE]

BBM

Somehow I don't think when Mr Franklin said that he envisioned a society of gangs, drugs and automatic weapons. I don't think that he envisioned a society where we put blame everywhere and everyone except ourselves for our actions. I don't think that Mr Franklin envisioned a society where the victim has no voice and no rights in a court of law yet the suspects do. I don't believe Mr Franklin envisioned a society that seems to no longer have common sense and are so "me" and "instant" oriented that nothing else, even the life of a baby matters. I believe Mr Franklin would be very disappointed in where we are as a society. This is my opinion only.

Exactly, good post. It's silly to me. It makes no sense, but somehow, that lightening strike turned me completely around and got me pointed forward. I don't know how it worked, but before it happened, I was in despair- of the verdict, our country, the universe and everything. Now, I really think, somehow, things will be ok, eventually, if not right away.

The labeling is flying both ways. People who disagree with the jury's verdict have been labeled "lynch mob," and insulted and dismissed as dumb and unpatriotic. Last night, I heard Cheney Mason, dripping with contempt, insult those who disagreed with the verdict and nag that we needed to read the constitution. I took great um bridge in Mr Mason's comments, especially since his defense bunch repeatedly defied the judges orders and may be held in contempt of court for doing so. They also seemed to have no problem throwing innocent witnesses under the bus to protect their client who (just speculating) I am pretty sure they knew was guilty in the trial just completed. I think maybe he should re-read the constitution himself. JMO, of course. Probably taking it too personally.

The main danger in all this, though, is that a murderer HAS been released into society, not a prospective one, not someone likely to incite or be incited into violence, but a woman who is actually responsible for the death of a child. Will she cause another death...more destruction, as that she heaped on her friends and family throughout this ordeal? Hope not. Her release may encourage others of similar ilk that they too will be able to harm others, then beat the system...as she did. Miscarriage of justice can encourage citizens to take matters into their own hands...which is why society should always work toward a system which keeps miscarriages to a minimum. We need to work on the system both ways. We need a system which keeps the innocent out but which puts the guilty in. Failure to do either is....well, failure. Better that only 1 guilty person need be released to keep 1 innocent from suffering, especially when you consider all the carnage (suffering of innocents) those 99 other guilty could inflict on society if permitted free reign.

EXCELLENT post yolorado!!!! Bravo!!!!

If we were to believe some of the things reported, that would not be too far of a trip.....

I assuming, of course (ahem), you are talking about the fact that KC day-by-day kept lowering her chair until her chin was almost on the table. lol Took me a couple of seconds to get it...... Thanks for the laugh of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708