2011.08.02 - Special Edition of Websleuths Radio with Pat Brown and Levi Page

Hi, Gadzooks, I fell asleep watching the local news !!!

I really wanted to hear what she had to say about the McCann's that evidently was so offensive to them they worked their magic pull to stop the freedom of the press. Just like with the newspapers {like News of the World that I think went out of biz. because of them} . . . . . Oh, I could go on and on as it simply frosts me to no end . . . . . . .

Did anyone learn anything about that?

Does anyone know why the McCann Forum in ws is pulled rather then just locked for no new posts?

Hi Mystic, I was Modding on another McCann forum so missed allot of went on with our WS forum. I think it was that emotions ran hot on Madeleine's case and there were too many TOS violations. With the case being manipulated like it was by the McCann's and their minions, posters found it very difficult to be polite. It was often a Mod's nightmare. Too much to correct and so better to pull the forum IMO.

The early months of the case were exceptionally documented here at WS and what a shame if all that was lost. xox

I have to agree with Pat on the red flags.

I don't really know, sorry. I wish I could be of some help. I would be interested in knowing as well.

I looked it up and found this:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2011/07/amazon-banned-criminal-profiler-pat.html\

Snippet "
After Gonçalo Amaral's book on the Madeleine McCann case was removed from being sold in Amazon, two years ago, due to the McCann's injunction - an injunction that was overruled by a Portuguese superior court last year, now the McCann's lawyers have successfully banned another book. According to the Criminal Profiler Pat Brown on twitter: "the McCanns have had Amazon pull the book, The Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann" due to "legal conflicts" with the "content and the title". . . . .

I see G Amaral's book was also removed from being sold on Amazon - the book in fact banned by an injunction brought on by the McCann's.

I chalk allot of that up to the libel laws in England that are so different than ours and brought about by Tony Blair when he was PM.

PS: I posted along side Joana Morais during the case. She is a Portuguese writer very involved in cases where criminal injustice needs to be examined. Her site is a great place to get all the info on any case. IMO xox

So it was the McCanns that had Pat's book removed from Amazon. Says something right there.

I looked it up and found this:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2011/07/amazon-banned-criminal-profiler-pat.html

I see G Amaral's book was also removed from being sold on Amazon - the book in fact banned by an injunction brought on by the McCann's.

I chalk allot of that up to the libel laws in England that are so different than ours and brought about by Tony Blair when he was PM.

PS: I posted along side Joana Morais during the case. She is a Portuguese writer very involved in cases where criminal injustice needs to be examined. Her site is a great place to get all the info on any case. IMO xox

Wow, that is remarkable, in so much as rightly they should be regarded as the first suspects. How in the world is that considered libel?

Thank you so much for the link, I will take a look after this show.

Pat just said that it is still available at Smashworks (hope I got that right) and at Barnes & Noble.

Very interesting and informative show, thanks so much Tricia, Pat, Levi and Kimster!

Hi Mystic, I was Modding on another McCann forum so missed allot of went on with our WS forum. I think it was that emotions ran hot on Madeleine's case and there were too many TOS violations. With the case being manipulated like it was by the McCann's and their minions, posters found it very difficult to be polite. It was often a Mod's nightmare. Too much to correct and so better to pull the forum IMO.

The early months of the case were exceptionally documented here at WS and what a shame if all that was lost. xox

Thank you Scandi, thats unfortunate. Hopefully its not all lost and at some point be put back up (even if locked) just to be able to get some of that earlier info. :)

I'm sure that it was G Amaral's book that is right online to read. Somehow I got to it last week and was reading it but was a bit confusing so I came to ws to find some history.

I'll try to see if I can find it.

ETA.. if you google G. Amaral book, you'll find pretty good info
I'm not going to post any links because I don't know if that would be against tos with the Forum being pulled.

Thank you Scandi, thats unfortunate. Hopefully its not all lost and at some point be put back up (even if locked) just to be able to get some of that earlier info. :)

We do not delete on Websleuths. Scandi was right that the emotions ran high among other things. We'll look at putting the forum back in the future.

Thanks to everyone who listened. It was a long show but I thought interesting.

I'm sure that it was G Amaral's book that is right online to read. Somehow I got to it last week and was reading it but was a bit confusing so I came to ws to find some history.

I'm not going to post any links because I don't know if that would be against tos with the Forum being pulled.

Please post links to the book. No problem.

Wow, that is remarkable, in so much as rightly they should be regarded as the first suspects. How in the world is that considered libel?

Thank you so much for the link, I will take a look after this show.

Hi Elfie, I only mentioned the libel laws in England as they make it easy for anyone to sue and WIN with a very low level for proof of guilt. The Media for one, like Rupert's papers, are pretty well hushed from printing the truth as they can be sued so easily. IMO, but we saw it happen over and over again during the case.

Pat just said that it is still available at Smashworks (hope I got that right) and at Barnes & Noble.

Thanks, I'm going to have to get a copy of her book. I love the way Pat's brain connects things together.

It is difficult to translate Portuguese into English and make it read like it was originally written in English. We had exceptional translators and it was still a bumpy read at times.

Thanks, I'm going to have to get a copy of her book. I love the way Pat's brain connects things together.

I plan on getting a copy too. Oh, and the correct name of the other site for purchase is Smashwords.

I also like that Pat is donating a portion of the proceeds to a search fund.

I tuned into last night's show and was greeted to just dead air. No sound. It took a while but finally the sound was restored in time to hear the ending of Levi's account of how he was accused of hiding Haleigh Cummings.

Although the McCann case is still a mystery and there are definite lines drawn on who to believe, I think last night's topic should have been the breaking news on Casey=Probation. What a hot topic that was last night on the thread.

I don't know, maybe it's the old talk radio producer in me that says possible probation for Casey and CM throwing that bird finger around again would have been a more exciting broadcast.
jmo

WS does itself proud by diversifying its content. Viva WS for looking at other major cases which are
still very important ones, ones in which there has been no verdict, ones in which a child is still missing.

I listened to the show early yesterday morning and enjoyed it. It was interesting to cover several cases and hear the guests opinions - and until it was over, I didn't know how long I had been listening.

I have hearing problems and wasn't able to hear much of last week's show but this week, everything came through fine for me. The up to the minute happenings are thoroughly covered here on the Caylee case so attention to other cases and the people involved is interesting to me. Our hearts get consumed with the missing/murdered, their families, and trials and justice or no justice.

Looking forward to next week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back