2015.10.15 CWW Booked into Lee County Jail

The defense Motion for Release is “being considered” by the court.
CWW does not have to be in custody for his 11/30/2015 arraignment.

From the logical way that I interpret RULE 3.134*, by the end of this week if the state has not filed a formal criminal charge, the court will order that CWW be released on his 40[SUP]th[/SUP] day of being in state custody (11/23/2015).

*Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure
https://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/Attachments/BDFE1551AD291A3F85256B29004BF892/$FILE/Criminal.pdf
RULE 3.134
In no event shall any defendants remain in custody beyond 40 days unless they have been formally charged with a crime.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30528334/judge-grants-arraignment-delay-in-sievers-case#.Vko8WHarSM9
Judge grants arraignment delay in Sievers' murder case
Nov 16, 2015
The state attorney's office on Friday filed a "Notice of Good Cause," which tells the court they need extra time to formally charge Curtis Wayne Wright with second-degree murder in the death of Sievers.
No less than 10 minutes after that order was filed, Wright's defense attorneys responded with a motion of their own, asking Wright to be released due to the delay.
That motion is still being considered.
IMO there is no way he will be released. If he is released on the murder charge I believe they will have other charges ready to rearrest him before he even leaves his cell.

The Right to a Speedy Trial in Florida

•First, a person charged with a criminal offense in Florida is entitled to the statutory speedy trial rights provided under Florida Statutory provisions which provide for very specific time limits. The speedy trial time limit for a misdemeanor is 90 days. The speedy trial time limit for a felony is 175 days.

The right to a speedy trial is particular important when the police make an arrest and then the State Attorney's Office takes an unusually long time to file criminal charges. The speedy trial rule often explains why the law enforcement officers wait until the entire investigation is complete before making an arrest. The arrest, under most circumstances, will trigger the speedy trial provisions.
http://www.criminaldefenseattorneytampa.com/legal-defenses/speedy-trial/

IMO there is no way he will be released. If he is released on the murder charge I believe they will have other charges ready to rearrest him before he even leaves his cell.
OH I'm very sure of that!
But they should have more then enough to charge this man don't u think?

OH I'm very sure of that!
But they should have more then enough to charge this man don't u think?
I do think they have enough to charge him with for the murder or else I don't think they would of been able to extradite him to Florida. I believe there is a good reason why they are delaying. We just don't what it is.
I may be way off, but the way this is being handled makes me believe there is something so big going on. Something so big that it was a priority to get two murders off the street by getting them both behind bars, then investigating whatever it is. I still think that it is possible that others have been arrested in places other than CWW's town and Lee county. The media just hasn't picked up on the connections. All just my thought.

I don't understand why the State needed a continuance. Did they arrest CWW without proof or evidence? I thought that LE saw both men that were arrested in Walmart footage. Did they base the arrest on assumption that both men were present at the murder scene due to that footage?
I hope from the top of my head to my tippy toes that they will be making one more arrest.

I am clarifying that statement, it is because I do believe there were two more involved, at least. And I would hope this delay is just time to solidify the case against everyone involved in any way.

So, the link KateB provided vs. Seeseas-
Which one is the most recent?? I feel like they are opposites after reading them? Maybe it's just been a long day but can anyone clarify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good point Concerned Mother! I agree that LE may need the extra time to get all their ducks in a row with regard to the remaining person(s) of interest in order to paint a complete picture involving motive etc.

Here is the NBC-2 link for today’s article, and the only mention I found about “two weeks” is this:
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30528334/judge-grants-arraignment-delay-in-sievers-case#.VkpO0narSM8
A judge today agreed to continue Wright's arraignment another two weeks,. . .

--------------

No mention in that news article "
that the Prosecutor's office did not receive the case file until 2 weeks ago"

Sorry, I was away for a bit SeesSeas....I watched the Live Streaming on NBC2 at 4:00 because they were on Jarvis. It was during that report that Trent Kelly explained the paperwork they had obtained and why the continuance was requested. I wanted to make sure I got it right, so I backed it up and listened again while noting what was being said. I checked your link and it does not state the details that were on the 4:00 EST NBC2 news. It was reported live at about 4:04 pm...anyway, that's why I don't have a link, but that is what was said and pretty much what Kate​ is reflecting as well :)

So if I understand correctly, the case was continued for another ten business days, or Nov 30... NOT Nov 23. Am I correct? TIA

Check out this article from The News-Press:

Curtis Wayne Wright charged with murder of Teresa Sievers

http://newspr.es/1NXapGV

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH ARTICLE CONTENTS? I DO NOT HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION.

So if I understand correctly, the case was continued for another ten business days, or Nov 30... NOT Nov 23. Am I correct? TIA

Apparantly, but I'm still confused if it's 33 + 10 days extension or 40 + 7 day extension. I think the way the statutes read that SeesSeas posted, 40 days gets us to Nov 23rd, and the 7 day extension gives the prosecutors until Nov 30th, counting weekends/holidays, though. In other words, beats me.

LATEST UPDATE
The state has filed second-degree murder charges against Curtis Wayne Wright Jr. for the killing of Dr. Teresa Sievers.
The charges were filed late Monday, said State Attorney Samantha Syoen.
She added "The delay in filing charges was because the office needed the weekend to go through all the evidence."
Check back with news-press.com on this developing story.

LATEST UPDATE
The state has filed second-degree murder charges against Curtis Wayne Wright Jr. for the killing of Dr. Teresa Sievers.
She added "The delay in filing charges was because the office needed the weekend to go through all the evidence."

Thank you! This makes the extension days a moot point now.

Link: http://www.news-press.com/story/new...-charges-postponement-granted-state/75879260/

LATEST UPDATE

Maybe we will get some doc dumps soon?

www.fox4now.com. Also reporting charges filed.

My first post on new iPad. Haven't learned to copy links yet. Also, I miss the ability to thank posters on the mobile version of Websleuths.

www.fox4now.com. Also reporting charges filed.

My first post on new iPad. Haven't learned to copy links yet. Also, I miss the ability to thank posters on the mobile version of Websleuths.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/suspect-in-sievers-case-charged-with-murder
State Attorney's Office filed charges against Wright Monday afternoon for second degree murder. . .
The filing states that "between June 28, 2015 and June 29, 2015, Curtis Wayne Wright did kill and murder Teresa Sievers by bludgeoning or inflicting severe, blunt force trauma."

Florida prosecutors have not filed charges against 47-year-old Curtis Wayne Wright Jr., who was extradited to Lee County on Oct. 15. Wright's arraignment, which was scheduled for Monday, was pushed to Nov. 30 by Judge J. Frank Porter.

In a "Good Cause" notice filed Friday, Assistant State Attorney Hamid Hunter acknowledges that prosecutors have not filed an indictment in the case, noting prosecutors did not receive "documentation of an investigation into the matters regarding this case" until Oct. 30. "The documentation is voluminous and must be reviewed thoroughly prior to a filing decision by the State," the court filing reads.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...-charges-postponement-granted-state/75879260/

http://www.fox4now.com/news/suspect-in-sievers-case-charged-with-murder
State Attorney's Office filed charges against Wright Monday afternoon for second degree murder. . .
The filing states that "between June 28, 2015 and June 29, 2015, Curtis Wayne Wright did kill and murder Teresa Sievers by bludgeoning or inflicting severe, blunt force trauma."

So....why 2nd degree still if they're stating he did indeed kill TS? Is it because there's another recipient of 1st degree? And if he is indeed responsible or this awful act, regardless, 2nd degree does not seem enough!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back