2015.10.20 Elizabeth Parker - Defense Attorney representing CWW

The site is not mobile friendly, what is it saying?

The 10/23 News shows the FOX4 video of CWW's first appearance at the Ft Myers court (posted on WS)

The 10/21 News reads "Right now, we have a position of not guilty, and as far as we’re concerned we’re preparing for trial,” said Stuart Kaplan, partner of the Palm Beach Gardens law firm Wright has retained— Kaplan, Sconzo & Parke" and links to the NEWSPRESS article (posted on WS) "Sievers murder suspect's attorney 'preparing for trial"

WS Newbie question (again- sorry!)
Why would EP agree to take CWW as a client when he clearly cannot pay?
Do we think a relative or friend might be paying her fees at this point? I can't imagine what her cost is going to end up being but someone must have some deep pockets...
OR would she agree to work pro bono just for the exposure if he hoodwinked her into thinking he really was innocent of the charges? If that is the case, is she under an ethical obligation to keep him as a client? I can't imagine any attorney/firm agreeing to do pro bono work of this magnitude regardless of the exposure, though. In the end, we all have to pay our bills, EP included.

CWW's attorney, Elizabeth Parker was on 20/20 Friday night. A special on Dalia Dippolito, the woman who tried to hire a hitman to kill her husband.

This is the 3rd time I've asked this question so maybe it is a no brainer (and me being the W/S Newbie doesn't know better) but here I go again. If it is an inappropriate question, someone just tell me (I'm thick skinned)!
Now that we know CWW couldn't pay for groceries, HOW is he able to afford such a high profile attorney such as EP?
Would or could she have taken the case pro bono just for the exposure? That seems like a huge risk on her part and if she did, may be kicking herself for doing so.
Is there anyone is MS's life that could afford to pay her on his behalf? From what I've seen, that seems unlikely.
I just don't understand how he was able to retain her due to the sheer cost!
Insight? Anyone?

This is the 3rd time I've asked this question so maybe it is a no brainer (and me being the W/S Newbie doesn't know better) but here I go again. If it is an inappropriate question, someone just tell me (I'm thick skinned)!
Now that we know CWW couldn't pay for groceries, HOW is he able to afford such a high profile attorney such as EP?
Would or could she have taken the case pro bono just for the exposure? That seems like a huge risk on her part and if she did, may be kicking herself for doing so.
Is there anyone is MS's life that could afford to pay her on his behalf? From what I've seen, that seems unlikely.
Insight? Anyone?

i think AmazonRain gave information that the story she had heard, was that relatives were paying for his attorney
that is just my recollection and i could be wrong
jmo

Insight? Anyone?

I believe that more and more these days that the State will pay the fees for an attorney that the defendant chooses. This for several reasons. So many cases are overturned because of lack of experience of the Public Defender. The amount of turnover within the Public Defender office, as cases such as this taking years to come to actual trial. It actually more inexpensive in the long run to pay the Attorney for the long haul, and eliminate the chance of having to pay for a "do-over" trial. Any DNA or other investigative fees would have to be paid to the Public Defender's office anyway.

JMO's

Insight? Anyone?
Hmm, ya' mean just hitting the "thanks" button wasn't sufficient every time you asked the question?? But I'll chime in here. #1) Family members OFTEN have cash, savings or an equity line to hire an attorney "up front." Remember, the family has not seen "all the charging docs", "believe their relative" who initially says, "Oh Dad, I'm being framed, again!!" or "Mom, they got the wrong guy!" or an attorney who assures the family and main stream media, "I found witnesses who ARE WILLING TO SWEAR HE WAS NOT IN FLORIDA."
After all, it worked 20 years ago when Ronnie Bolin went missing.....how did CWW have the money to hire an attorney then?
Loving family members are often "deceived" by their criminal kith and kin who will at least put up the initial retainer. Later, when the $$$ runs out...I guess it is up to the attorney to decide how she/he wants to proceed. And, even if the attorney knows her/his client is GUILTY, I don't think the attorney is under ANY obligation to tell the family, even if they are footing the bill. (Our verified attorneys can ***critique***, add, or correct my thoughts on that, no problem)
My other thought (and boy did I hit a cement wall on this theory, and I have lots of them Mrs. Ark, lol!:blushing:) is that CWW had been stealing and stockpiling money from Teresa's business for years....just like her husband, MS!! Who hides thousands of dollars in their safe, but doesn't pay their IRS liability?? What a Bozo...(apologies to Bozo the Clown) the IRS is the most powerful agency in this country! Talk about kicking the hornet's nest... amazing hubris. But, now I am beginning to think CWW didn't really do that much work for Teresa's office and only taught MS how to cover his tracks, via computers.
BTW...I enjoy your questions...I think this is going to get dicey!
(And AW's family paying for their groceries? Uhm..."Why pay for anything you can get others to pay for you???")

Hmm, ya' mean just hitting the "thanks" button wasn't sufficient every time you asked the question?? But I'll chime in here. #1) Family members OFTEN have cash, savings or an equity line to hire an attorney "up front." Remember, the family has not seen "all the charging docs", "believe their relative" who initially says, "Oh Dad, I'm being framed, again!!" or "Mom, they got the wrong guy!" or an attorney who assures the family and main stream media, "I found witnesses who ARE WILLING TO SWEAR HE WAS NOT IN FLORIDA."
After all, it worked 20 years ago when Ronnie Bolin went missing.....how did CWW have the money to hire an attorney then?
Loving family members are often "deceived" by their criminal kith and kin who will at least put up the initial retainer. Later, when the $$$ runs out...I guess it is up to the attorney to decide how she/he wants to proceed. And, even if the attorney knows her/his client is GUILTY, I don't think the attorney is under ANY obligation to tell the family, even if they are footing the bill. (Our verified attorneys can ***critique***, add, or correct my thoughts on that, no problem)
My other thought (and boy did I hit a cement wall on this theory, and I have lots of them Mrs. Ark, lol!:blushing:) is that CWW had been stealing and stockpiling money from Teresa's business for years....just like her husband, MS!! Who hides thousands of dollars in their safe, but doesn't pay their IRS liability?? What a Bozo...(apologies to Bozo the Clown) the IRS is the most powerful agency in this country! Talk about kicking the hornet's nest... amazing hubris. But, now I am beginning to think CWW didn't really do that much work for Teresa's office and only taught MS how to cover his tracks, via computers.
BTW...I enjoy your questions...I think this is going to get dicey!
(And AW's family paying for their groceries? Uhm..."Why pay for anything you can get others to pay for you???")

Got to tell you, your posts are like little presents! Never know what to expect, but always a pleasant surprise!!

-Nin:gthanks:

Like I said, I'm thick skinned and everyone has to start somewhere, right? Thanks for your input dmac, jggordo, Iquestion and Nin. I suppose I'm just a little surprised that someone in his inner circle could pay these kind of fees. Maybe just a preconceived notion of mine, based on nothing really. It doesn't really matter anyway I suppose. Thanks again for helping this Newbie along a bit.

. . . I'm just a little surprised that someone in his inner circle could pay these kind of fees. . . .

As others have noted, the state of Florida may eventually pick up the tab. In addition to that, and the gullibility of friends and family, you can't really take the word of a known liar like CWW that he needs help with the groceries. Like his disability and perhaps much of his life, that may well be a scam.

And as we get to know more about MS, we see he shares more than just a physical resemblance to CWW.

I believe that more and more these days that the State will pay the fees for an attorney that the defendant chooses. This for several reasons. So many cases are overturned because of lack of experience of the Public Defender. The amount of turnover within the Public Defender office, as cases such as this taking years to come to actual trial. It actually more inexpensive in the long run to pay the Attorney for the long haul, and eliminate the chance of having to pay for a "do-over" trial. Any DNA or other investigative fees would have to be paid to the Public Defender's office anyway.

JMO's

There is a process that private defense attorneys must go through in order to be appointed by the court before the state will pay any fees for representation of an indigent client.

"Under s. 27.40(3), F.S., the chief judge for each circuit is responsible for selecting attorneys for inclusion in the registry for court appointments. JAC does not select or otherwise recommend attorneys for inclusion in a court-appointed registry. Those attorneys seeking to be added to a court registry will need to contact the chief judge or other appropriate court official for information regarding the process to become a registry attorney in a particular circuit. Information regarding the process to become a registry attorney may also be posted on a judicial circuit’s website."
https://www.justiceadmin.org/FAQ/index.aspx

If they don't plead, and instead go to court and have a trial... the rights to their story is more valuable to sell?

If they do such it would be confidential. In signing such an agreement ..could be consideration as a part of payment for defense attorneys?

:moo:

Agree. A pro bono lawyer trying to get paid from a big case will probably argue against pleading guilty. Lol. Just so they can have the time and spotlight and rights to a book deal or something.

Unless they pull off a Jose Baez. Then they could become gods of the law arena as well. Jmo.

If they don't plead, and instead go to court and have a trial... the rights to their story is more valuable to sell?

If they do such it would be confidential. In signing such an agreement ..could be consideration as a part of payment for defense attorneys?

:moo:

IIRC, when we were first discussing Elizabeth Parker being CWW's attorney, this issue was brought up and I believe one of the verified attorneys said it was against the legal code of ethics to make a deal for free legal services in exchange for rights to a book or movie. I'll try to find the post.

Ok, it's post #62 by CeaElle. "Florida as well as the federal gov't have "Notoriety for Profit" laws in place to prohibit this type of income. I agree with other posters that attorneys often represent "high profile" individuals for the exposure and potential future income from clients, book deals, speaking engagements (sick right?)."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?293008-Elizabeth-Parker-Defense-Attorney-representing-CWW/page1

Just finished watching NG. The story was about Dalia Dippolito the girl who hired a hit-man to kill her husband of 6 months and Ms. Parker was the prosecutor in that trial. A re-trial will happen next year.

Parker now works as a defense attorney in West Palm Beach and penned a novel about the case, "Poison Candy: The Murderous Madam: Inside Dalia Dippolito's Plot to Kill," that was released last year. She said the "facts are overwhelming as to her guilt in this case."

As SMS said: This case will have books and movies written about it. (not verbatim) Well, guess who is positioned to do just that!! Bingo!

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...vers-arrested-wright-pleas-25-years/80997770/

Wright attorney statement

Elizabeth Parker, partner at Kaplan, Sconzo & Parker — the Palm Beach County law firm representing Wright — released this statement after the court hearing: "The decision of Curtis Wayne Wright to accept responsibility and plead guilty to second-degree murder will hopefully begin to answer many questions and bring closure to the family Teresa Sievers. Mr. Wright is deeply sorry for the pain and lifetime of suffering that he has caused those who ere affected by this actions in this case, including this family and most importantly Teresa Sievers' daughters."

Natalie Harrell, spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Children and Families said the agency is still gathering information about the developing situation but that it is aware of the two young Sievers girls.

He's not sorry for causing anyone any suffering. If he had the capacity to feel that remorse, he never would have considered the idea of murdering an innocent woman for money. Not buying it. It just sounds better for his case if people can believe he feels bad for what he did.

Lying never gave a fig about what it would do to her daughters.

He's not sorry for causing anyone any suffering. If he had the capacity to feel that remorse, he never would have considered the idea of murdering an innocent woman for money. Not buying it. It just sounds better for his case if people can believe he feels bad for what he did.

Lying never gave a fig about what it would do to her daughters.
I completely agree with you 1000% Felicity. I don't believe for one minute that even he wrote that little speech :no: That was written and delivered by Elizabeth Parker. She knew exactly what to write/say to make people think he was remorseful man = throw in something about Teresa's NOW motherless children.

He has been in jail for almost 6 months now and been denying any involvement whatsoever. Now that he's seen the overwhelming evidence and knew JR was on his way to Florida, *he decides on Feb. 19th to grab the plea first. He's not resentful, he's cynical and bitter.

CWW's statement: “I’m pleading guilty because of my role in the planning and participating of the murder of Teresa Sievers,” Wright said in court.

BBM
1. Mark planned it (I just read his texts)
2. JR did it
....I was just the driver

* Don't get me wrong, I am elated it was CWW that rolled. He absolutely has the most 1st hand information. But he didn't do it to bring "closure" to TS's family or daughters. There will never be closure for her family. EVER
He did it for himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back