2015.12.04 DCF Hearing today (Friday) - continued to Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that the children would go to a friend rather than relatives!

This seems really unusual to me.

I know states are burdened with foster care costs. A friend could get foster care reimbursement. So could a relative.

I know it sounds bad, but in this case, could the relatives state they have the means to not ask for money from the state for foster care and that may impact a decision?

Oh I can!

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...61-5dcc-4702-e053-0100007ffde9-370302511.html

Neighbors reported seeing Florida Department of Children and Families workers taking custody of the couple's two daughters, when Sievers was arrested Friday afternoon. However, a DCF spokeswoman said she had no updates at this time.

"We were not given a heads up," said Natalie Harrell, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Children and Families. Scott said Sievers' daughters were at the Lee County Sheriff's Office headquarters Friday evening.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...61-5dcc-4702-e053-0100007ffde9-370302511.html

Neighbors reported seeing Florida Department of Children and Families workers taking custody of the couple's two daughters, when Sievers was arrested Friday afternoon. However, a DCF spokeswoman said she had no updates at this time.

"We were not given a heads up," said Natalie Harrell, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Children and Families. Scott said Sievers' daughters were at the Lee County Sheriff's Office headquarters Friday evening.

It appears no one knew so MS would not escape or hatm the girls! His lawyer and now FDCF said they did not know. That was the right thing to do for girls safety. Glad it is over.

To the poster that suggested that Teresa's kids should be cared for by LS and do home schooling with LS kids.

Sorry. That is no good.

LS may be a kind person. But would you want her to adopt and raise and school your kids while their mother left a will that she wanted the kids with her family if something happened to her and Mark. Hints. Moms passed and dads in jail.

Now I don't knock Lenka nor her kids nor ideals. But Teresa's family should be considered to have custody and school decision making before Marks family and Lenka.

Especially since Mark had his wife killed. And his mother is old. And Lenka is still new. And Teresa left a just in case will. And Her sister seems to be more fit for the job. And whoever is still affiliated with Mark will likely try to share money from the estate with him even though he was responsible for Teresa's death. Jmo

Now Teresa wanted her brother to take care of the girls in her Will. But she didn't mention Marks side of the family.

So obviously Teresa wanted her family to take care of the girls if anything happens to her and Mark. Jmo

To the poster that suggested that Teresa's kids should be cared for by LS and do home schooling with LS kids.

Sorry. That is no good.

LS may be a kind person. But would you want her to adopt and raise and school your kids while their mother left a will that she wanted the kids with her family if something happened to her and Mark. Hints. Moms passed and dads in jail.

Now I don't knock Lenka nor her kids nor ideals. But Teresa's family should be considered to have custody and school decision making before Marks family and Lenka.

Especially since Mark had his wife killed. And his mother is old. And Lenka is still new. And Teresa left a just in case will. And Her sister seems to be more fit for the job. And whoever is still affiliated with Mark will likely try to share money from the estate with him even though he was responsible for Teresa's death. Jmo

Now Teresa wanted her brother to take care of the girls in her Will. But she didn't mention Marks side of the family.

So obviously Teresa wanted her family to take care of the girls if anything happens to her and Mark. Jmo

lol @ LS is still new! From what we understand is that he still had parental rights until convicted so this will probably be just a temporary residence.

Sorry. That is no good.

You might be referring to me. I suggested that it might be better for the girls to be placed with LS. I didn't mean permanently. My thoughts were it might be better than being in a strange foster care home. My hope is that wherever they are now that it will only be a very short time until they will be with TS's family. I think I heard on the news tonight that they are already on their way down here.

You might be referring to me. I suggested that it might be better for the girls to be placed with LS. I didn't mean permanently. My thoughts were it might be better than being in a strange foster care home. My hope is that wherever they are now that it will only be a very short time until they will be with TS's family. I think I heard on the news tonight that they are already on their way down here.

You definitely may be right. But lets not forget that the 4.4 million will be allowed to the girls and some spending change for those who take care of the girls. So I really don't think that LS should be involved at all since she claims to speak to the dead and will probably tell the courts that Teresa wants her to take care and home school her kids temporarily. Jmo

But I definitely understand your point of view as well.

link has video of Mark's hearing and makes mention of the temporary arrangement for the children until the hearing set for Monday.

http://www.news-press.com/videos/news/crime/2016/02/27/81032144/

MODERATOR NOTE: There is mention of the name of the family the girls are temporarily placed with at the beginning of this video. Do not name them here. Do not sleuth these individuals. Zero tolerance on that. This is the warning. There will not be future warnings. Just don't do it.

thanks,

tlcya

You definitely may be right. But lets not forget that the 4.4 million will be allowed to the girls and some spending change for those who take care of the girls. So I really don't think that LS should be involved at all since she claims to speak to the dead and will probably tell the courts that Teresa wants her to take care and home school her kids temporarily. Jmo

The claim to communicate with the dead would rule Ls out in my book. And I doubt a court will view home schooling as necessary.

Oh no! I would never want to see LS be included for the long haul. Temporary custody should only be able to receive state assistance or maybe the girls SS. However, if it was my friend, I wouldn't expect anything in compensation during a transition period, unless I absolutely could not afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea