2016.02.26 Mark D. Sievers: ***ARREST*** GJ charged with Murder in the 1st Degree #2

Have we ever seen any paper work from the state saying the state will pay Figga's lawyers fee for representing the 'broke' MS?
I would like to see that paper and know how MS is being defended and who is defending.

IMO the 'defense' is making the issue in the media about MS charges. JRR lawyer is mum, the prosecution is quiet...not Figga.

Have we ever seen any paper work from the state saying the state will pay Figga's lawyers fee for representing the 'broke' MS?
I would like to see that paper and know how MS is being defended and who is defending.

IMO the 'defense' is making the issue in the media about MS charges. JRR lawyer is mum, the prosecution is quiet...not Figga.

Re Faga and Mummert - this is where the JAC enters the picture. They will help offset some of the legal fees.

When time permits, I promise to start a thread so people can get familiar with the JAC (Florida). Their role is very pertinent to his defense.

Faga said he hasn't received evidence such as text messages or voice recordings that explicitly reference a murder-for-hire plot. At the same time, he said, he doesn't know whether prosecutors have such evidence and haven't yet provided it.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...urder-for-hire-plot-that-kille-378664771.html

BBM, note the hair splitting here?

Exactly. And that adjective "explicit" is not to be dismissed lightly.

Also, Faga is not saying the evidence doesn't exist, nor is he saying the SAO may not have it.....he is simply stating that THEY have not seen it yet, if it does exist.

[video=twitter;729715502877163520]https://twitter.com/NDN_JCarpenter/status/729715502877163520[/video]

Those of you on Tapatalk see direct twitter link above. I will also be posting link to new article by Jacob Carpenter with snips next.
Gone is the cocky look and puffed up chest. I am so glad to see fear and worry on his face. I hope he feels that way often. He will never know the fear that Teresa felt as she realized she was going to die.

Yeah Faga- most times there isn't "definitive" proof but the circumstantial evidence along with the direct testimony of the other defendant(s), cooperating testifying witness, TaySho, CK, the Moran's etc should pretty much seal the deal... Seal his fate! He is going to prison for life- I have no doubt.

I have to comment here regarding this snip from Faga (NDN link)

"I think if the state has it, they will want to share it with us in order to convince us that a plea would be in order," Faga said. "I'm not sure it exists, and I think that they have continually in this case pulled information out of context, and therefore that leads you to one conclusion"

It is rare I feel much empathy for defense attorneys :)angel:) but Faga is assuming a lot here. First, I am not convinced the SA would offer ANY plea deal. If they did the only one they would remotely consider is if they sought the DP, they might offer to take that off the table in exchange for a guilty plea and sentence of LWOP. That's it.

Second, even if #1were to happen, I agree with Faga that he would be doing his due diligence by advising Mark to take the deal. HOWEVER, I'm not at all convinced that Mark Sievers would agree. I'm not sure Faga has a good grip on the level of arrogance his client possesses. Actually, I hope Faga could do exactly that because it would be the best solution for everyone - TS's family, the girls, the taxpayers....everyone. However, I tend to think Mark is arrogant enough to think he could convince a jury otherwise, or at least create reasonable doubt.

My interpretation of "explicit" in the context Mr. Faga used it would be a text from MS "Hey friend, have you gotten around to murdering my wife as agreed?" and a response from CWW "yep, when do I get paid?"

Even the brain trust that is these three men are not likely to have been THAT stupid. Hair splitting at it's finest.

Thanks NiN, your link has video of Mr. Faga speaking on camera. I hadn't gotten to see his demeanor.

Exactly. And that adjective "explicit" is not to be dismissed lightly.

Also, Faga is not saying the evidence doesn't exist, nor is he saying the SAO may not have it.....he is simply stating that THEY have not seen it yet, if it does exist.

I am sure he has been reading Websleuths documents. Was hoping MS would come down his throne for the girls sake but apparently he wants to be in the spotlight for a long time

Lawyer: No evidence tying Sievers to murder-for-hire plot

In an interview with the Daily News, Antonio Faga, one of the two lawyers representing Sievers, said he's yet to see definitive evidence that would prove the murder-for-hire arrangement alleged by investigators. The case, Faga said, will likely hinge on whether any such evidence exists, and the credibility of Sievers' lifelong friend, Curtis Wayne Wright Jr., who has confessed to participating in the killing of Sievers' wife, Teresa, in exchange for a plea agreement and 25-year prison sentence.

"While you're not supposed to try the case in the public eye at all, there isn't any question that the overriding theory here is that he's a guilty man," Faga said. "We're here to say, today, he's an innocent man, irrespective of these charges."

More at link:
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...nce-tying-sievers-murder--hire-plot/84142124/

Lawyer: No evidence tying Sievers to murder-for-hire plot

In an interview with the Daily News, Antonio Faga, one of the two lawyers representing Sievers, said he's yet to see definitive evidence that would prove the murder-for-hire arrangement alleged by investigators. The case, Faga said, will likely hinge on whether any such evidence exists, and the credibility of Sievers' lifelong friend, Curtis Wayne Wright Jr., who has confessed to participating in the killing of Sievers' wife, Teresa, in exchange for a plea agreement and 25-year prison sentence.

"While you're not supposed to try the case in the public eye at all, there isn't any question that the overriding theory here is that he's a guilty man," Faga said. "We're here to say, today, he's an innocent man, irrespective of these charges."

More at link:
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...nce-tying-sievers-murder--hire-plot/84142124/

Well, the GJ certainly thought there was enough evidence;)

I think there was a long history between Mark and Mrs. Sievers with Curtis Wayne Wright," Faga said. "Where that relationship was and how it developed and what the reasons behind these activities were, that has yet to be developed. I have no sense at this point that Mark is the underlying cause of this."

I think we may be getting a little hint of MS's possible defense

I think there was a long history between Mark and Mrs. Sievers with Curtis Wayne Wright," Faga said. "Where that relationship was and how it developed and what the reasons behind these activities were, that has yet to be developed. I have no sense at this point that Mark is the underlying cause of this."

I think we may be getting a little hint of MS's possible defense

I will be so angry if MS's defense is implying that TS provoked this murder. he has ruined so many ppl already... i compare him to a serial killer

Yup. I'm thinking either that or "Your Honor, my wife and CW hated each other and my only crime was trying to keep the peace. I had no idea my best friend hated my dear wife to the point of murder though! And now he's claiming I set it up just so he can save himself"

Yup. I'm thinking either that or "Your Honor, my wife and CW hated each other and my only crime was trying to keep the peace. I had no idea my best friend hated my dear wife to the point of murder though! And now he's claiming I set it up just so he can save himself"

maybe MS was thinking about this theory early on while planning the murder to make him look innocent. That would truly make him more sinister than i thought. He had too much time on his hands to think instead of enjoying his wife, girls and what he had! What a douche bag....

Gosh, I hope it won't be implied that TS had a threesome type relationship with CWW and MS. YUCK

When I watched the last hearing for bond reduction, the SA intermixed the use of Dr. Sievers, Mrs. Sievers and Teresa when he referred to her. For some reason that really bugged me, but maybe the SA uses the different titles/names for a reason? I wish he would call her Dr. Sievers or Teresa and leave out the Mrs. Was anyone else bugged by this or am I the only one?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back