2016.02.26 Mark D. Sievers: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the insurance money was only part of the reason he had his wife murdered I'm curious to know what the other part is. Simply because she was going to divorce him or something more nefarious as him dealing prescription drugs?

I was thinking the divorce part. Still could be something going on with the business too though.

I have seen that happen in a few cases over the years where a deceased person's statement did come into trial. I cant remember the circumstances now but I think both the defense and state had deposed them so there were either videoed or made sworn statements. But they weren't part of the actual murder plot and were just lay witnesses in the case. I can remember the state asking the questions from a transcript and another state attorney will get on the witness stand with a copy of the same transcript and repeat the answers the deceased person gave.

Is Wright in poor health?

So I would be interested in knowing the answer too. Maybe AZ will be kind enough to answer it for us or maybe Dexter knows. The only problem I see is if the attorney for MS didn't get a chance to depose Wright. Then he may say he cannot cross examine a dead man.

I understand the right to cross examine witness's but I have also seen statements from deceased people at trial.

I wonder if it is decided on a case by case basis at a hearing where a judge rules if it's admisable or not.

Is there a list of names somewhere in the threads to match up with initials? I have gotten confused by a few lately. (If this is acceptable.)

Mark would not want a speedy trial. Jmo. If Curtis dies of a heart attack before the defense can cross exam him; Then everything that he provided to the prosecution would be tossed.

So let's give Curtis the best medical coverage for the time being. Lol.

But if Mark dies before trial; Then Curtis deal may or may not die as well. Idk

If CWW dies, however unlikely, most of his statements will be used against MS under former testimony or statement against interest exceptions to the hearsay rule.

Statement Against Interest. A statement that:
(A) a reasonable person in the declarant’s position would have made only if the person believed it to be true because, when made, it was so contrary to the declarant’s proprietary or pecuniary inter- est or had so great a tendency to invalidate the declarant’s claim against someone else or to expose the declarant to civil or criminal liability; and

(B) is supported by corroborating circumstances that clearly indicate its trustworthiness, if it is offered in a criminal case as one that tends to expose the declarant to criminal liability.

Is there a list of names somewhere in the threads to match up with initials? I have gotten confused by a few lately. (If this is acceptable.)

I'm in the same boat as you.

This is the first case I've followed on WS where almost all of the people have to be identified only by initials. I haven't read enough discovery to know who is who by initials.

I was thinking the divorce part. Still could be something going on with the business too though.

IMO something bigger than the IRS tax lien was looming and MS knew time was running out. TS was going to find out the ugly truth about something.

The SAO of the Twentieth Judicial Circuit of Florida serving 5 counties including Lee and Collier counties regularly releases news regarding the outcome of convening Grand Juries.

When you scroll through the following list, you can open up the past unrelated(!) Grand Jury indictments as well as the declined bills. You can read some entire case summaries and the reasoning behind the decisions.

Considering, that charges may be upped according to Sheriff Mike Scott, it makes for a good read and a reminder, what may happen, if one hires their best friend to kill their wife..:

http://www.sao.cjis20.org/News_Releases.htm

-Nin

If CWW dies, however unlikely, most of his statements will be used against MS under former testimony or statement against interest exceptions to the hearsay rule.

Statement Against Interest. A statement that:
(A) a reasonable person in the declarant’s position would have made only if the person believed it to be true because, when made, it was so contrary to the declarant’s proprietary or pecuniary inter- est or had so great a tendency to invalidate the declarant’s claim against someone else or to expose the declarant to civil or criminal liability; and

(B) is supported by corroborating circumstances that clearly indicate its trustworthiness, if it is offered in a criminal case as one that tends to expose the declarant to criminal liability.

I agree. But since Curtis is not the most truthful person; I still can forsee that the defense asking to dismiss any statements by him if Curtis did happen to die before trial.

But my comments are only for conversation sake, since we still have ways to go before the MS doc dump.

Now in some cases; if a convicted-jailed star witness (not victim) is killed before trial; Then usually the case is dropped. Especially if the star witness was a criminal themselves.

So I do not disagree. But it definitely can hold up the appeals process if something did happen to Curtis before trial. Jmo.

But I'm sure he will be okay.

But I do think Mark will control Curtiss fate by killing himself before things go too far in court. Idk.

But I do think Mark will control Curtiss fate by killing himself before things go too far in court. Idk.

Wow...that is entirely possible, isn't it.

Wow...that is entirely possible, isn't it.

I think it's truly possible that Mark would take his life to let Curtis know that Curtis is not going to control Marks destiny. Jmo.

But I think that Mark will wait until after all the evidence is presented and then make that decision. Jmo.

lol @ LS is still new! From what we understand is that he still had parental rights until convicted so this will probably be just a temporary residence.

Where is the idea that they were placed with LS coming from? The last name of the temporary placement was said during the shelter hearing and it wasn't Spiska.

I think it's truly possible that Mark would take his life to let Curtis know that Curtis is not going to control Marks destiny. Jmo.

But I think that Mark will wait until after all the evidence is presented and then make that decision. Jmo.

MS will not go down easily. He wants to win his game at all costs. Conflicting reports in the media, but he was found in his neighbours yard when LE went to his house to serve the warrant. He's a flight risk and I compare him to Josh Powell. Tomorrows DSH hearing will be interesting. He will fight the other family for custody. He wants it his way

I agree. But since Curtis is not the most truthful person; I still can forsee that the defense asking to dismiss any statements by him if Curtis did happen to die before trial.

But my comments are only for conversation sake, since we still have ways to go before the MS doc dump.

Now in some cases; if a convicted-jailed star witness (not victim) is killed before trial; Then usually the case is dropped. Especially if the star witness was a criminal themselves.

So I do not disagree. But it definitely can hold up the appeals process if something did happen to Curtis before trial. Jmo.

But I'm sure he will be okay.

If your last sentence is saying you think MS will kill CWW, rest assured CWW's statements will be admitted if MS kills him (another exception). The defense could not successfully argue CWW's statements should not be admitted (against mS) if the statement clearly falls under an exception to the hearsay rule. "CWW was not a truthful person" would not be an exception to the exception. IMO.

MS is too much of a coward. IMO, he would have killed himself by now.

And at one point he wanted to find a like minded physician to continue the practice. Why......? He had millions in life insurance on her.

And at one point he wanted to find a like minded physician to continue the practice. Why......? He had millions in life insurance on her.

Yea....that's the part I don't get. What was the reason to bring a new doctor on board? He fully expected to collect on the life insurance policies and live a cushy lifestyle. That wasn't enough $$$? Greed I guess.

Dexter, I too have been thinking that MS committing suicide is a likely scenario. Something he can control. They just need to keep that pretty dress on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member