2022 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Those poor people. I hope they have somewhere safe to stay.

This has been a very fierce and destructive storm. Prayers for those affected.

@PayrollNerd are you talking about this one?
I believe that's the one. From the National Hurricane Center:

Tropical Weather Outlook Text
Tropical Weather Discussion​
ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Mon Sep 26 2022

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Active Systems:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Ian, located over the northwestern Caribbean Sea.

1. Central Tropical Atlantic:
An area of low pressure located several hundred miles west of the
Cabo Verde Islands is producing showers and thunderstorms. While the
system has not become better organized today, environmental
conditions are expected to be sufficiently conducive for the system
to become a tropical depression during the next couple of days.
Further development will become less likely by the end of the week
due to strong upper-level winds. The disturbance is forecast to
meander for the next day or two and then turn north-northwestward by
early Thursday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.

Forecaster D. Zelinsky

Let's hope neither of them grow up.....

1664739953931.png

Snip
Two disturbances currently have the potential to develop into tropical depressions or storms in the coming days, one in the central tropical Atlantic and the other in the eastern tropical Atlantic.

The FOX Forecast Center has dubbed this system "Tropical Disturbance No. 1."

Some gradual development of the disturbance is possible over the next few days as it moves generally westward at 15 to 20 mph in the direction of the eastern Caribbean Sea.

A tropical disturbance centered several hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. The FOX Forecast Center has dubbed this system "Tropical Disturbance No. 2."

The National Hurricane Center gives Tropical Disturbance No. 2 a high chance of development in the next five days.

If either or both of these systems becomes a tropical storm with winds of at least 39 mph, they will earn the names Julia and Karl in their order of formation.

Let's hope neither of them grow up.....

View attachment 370432

Snip
Two disturbances currently have the potential to develop into tropical depressions or storms in the coming days, one in the central tropical Atlantic and the other in the eastern tropical Atlantic.

The FOX Forecast Center has dubbed this system "Tropical Disturbance No. 1."

Some gradual development of the disturbance is possible over the next few days as it moves generally westward at 15 to 20 mph in the direction of the eastern Caribbean Sea.

A tropical disturbance centered several hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. The FOX Forecast Center has dubbed this system "Tropical Disturbance No. 2."

The National Hurricane Center gives Tropical Disturbance No. 2 a high chance of development in the next five days.

If either or both of these systems becomes a tropical storm with winds of at least 39 mph, they will earn the names Julia and Karl in their order of formation.
The one I’m most concerned about is the yellow one. I know it only has a 30% chance of formation in the next 5 days but I get a bad feeling about it. Hope I’m wrong!

Attachments

• 9D4EB030-30B2-429A-B3EB-AFA63B007D66.png
    9D4EB030-30B2-429A-B3EB-AFA63B007D66.png
    366.4 KB · Views: 3

The system is expected to move generally northwestward over the eastern Atlantic and is likely to form into a tropical depression sometime in the next day or two. Forecasters are giving it a 80% chance of developing into a tropical depression or storm in the next two to five days.

Forecasters are also watching a tropical wave that had disorganized showers and thunderstorms a few hundred miles east of the Windward Islands.

Hope all stay safe in the south Caribbean.

I guess this is more related to Hurricane Ian but applies here too.

Just a few personal observations I've seen/heard of how the Sarasota community is stepping up to help others. All JMO as I live here but don't have any main stream media connections/affiliations.

At the baseball stadium is a storm recovery command system set up with FEMA, FPL, etc. Rows and rows of small trailers that is likely housing the workers, one humongous white tent and many vehicles that said emergency response or something similar on the side. It looked like everything was staged and organized so well.

All the extra non perishable food and extra medical supplies I had on hand, I dropped off at a collection site today. Others were streaming in with boxes of items. The people were so nice and unloaded my truck for me. They had cartons upon cartons of things, like diapers, cases of water, bags of food, etc. It was beautiful to see the community support.

My daughter put me in touch with one of the helpers she knows who can assist with clean up down in Cape Coral. One lady's lanai ceiling collapsed onto her second floor balcony and all the debris has to go to the dumpster. This lady also owns a coffee shop across from her condo. Today she was trying to repair the shop floor and clean up so she could open on Monday. I'm hoping the team of volunteers will be able to fit in some help for her.`

And another one......

A trough of low pressure is over the Yucatan Peninsula, and is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms......

The system has a 20% chance of development in the next two to five days. However, residual moisture and remnants from Tropical Storm Julia could become absorbed by the new threat, fueling its development further.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back