4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he drove to Pennsylvania. When he could fly an airplane...

Last edited:
The PCA I read had 1 mention of 4:00pm and that was this:

View attachment 401928

There is also no mention of anyone unconscious in it (unless they used a different word as I Ctrl-F'ed specifically for the word unconscious). I think Newsweek was getting their info from SM and not the actual PCA. MOO

Quoting myself (I know, it's like nails on a blackboard for some of you) because I wanted to keep this together.

As you all know, the following is not a true statement: "The affidavit said that officers responded to reports of an unconscious person at the property at 4 p.m. the same day." as per the PCA.

So that got me to thinking since I've heard that some news sources are starting to use AI to create news articles. For starters, this is info about the guy that wrote the article in Dotta's post (linked here): Aleks joined Newsweek in 2023 from the Daily Express.

1) He's very new to Newsweek, and 2) he comes from a tabloid. (I wonder how long he'll last at Newsweek? JMO). You can find that info by clicking on his name (author of article).

So back to AI.... while I realize Dotta's posted link isn't from Newsweek's SM... the fact they use AI to write their SM content really makes me wonder if AI was used for this article, or if the new guy grabbed AI written content from their SM thinking it was already vetted and fact.

AI gives Newsweek more time for audience engagement
Echobox is the world’s first social media solution built from the ground up for publishers and powered by artificial intelligence. Echobox algorithms are tailored to each client, meaning that each publisher, including Newsweek, benefits from AI tailor-made for its publication, its editorial guidelines and its particular audience. This customized technology results in greater social reach, more traffic and engagement, and significant time-savings for publishers.

“We were extremely impressed by the idea of using AI technology to help expand Newsweek’s reach and engagement on social platforms,” Adam recalls. “In addition, we also saw the opportunity to gain time back for our social media team to focus on other engagement initiatives.”

This will not be good IMO if news articles will be written with AI and not a human. :( That is MHO on that matter.

To think that a minor teen could try to "cure" himself with heroine is simply mind boggling to me!
Where were parents, teachers and other adults??
Mental health professionals??
It happens, in my experience, all the time. I've known and loved many people with heroin problems, and many of them started in their teens. Most came from great homes, great communities. Many received help. Most of them are dead now. It's a major problem in this country. None of these people I speak of just decided to become dope addicts. They had/have feelings that they were looking to not feel.

JMO and all ...

I wonder what kind of altercations he was having with his professor. as a new TA, you would think he would not be too "disobedient"... just try to "get along for first semester" IMO. he did OK as an online student. Was he being graded in graduate classes as well? I keep thinking that other "kids" live on their own for the first time- they do not eat right; they drink too much beer, maybe they do badly in a class ... BK has arguments with his boss and kills 4 people.
The phrasing of altercations is curious and makes me wonder too.

From what I understand, BK started as a TA in September. It was less than 11 weeks into the year and he was already facing disciplinary action. In the midst of his teaching "career" possibly going down the drain, he decides to commit a horrific crime. His job wasn't even really in jeopardy until after the murders.

It's bizarre IMO. If he had been fired, snapped and committed this crime it would've (somehow) connected more, at least to me.

As you say, he seemed to do well online. Academically. Says nothing of who BK is as a person IRL. Clearly he had some trouble with his interpersonal skills.

College kids often have trouble adjusting to life on their own unsupervised lol. Keep in mind though, BK had already gone through the "college experience". He's 28 years old and was (very briefly) working as a TA, on his way to becoming a "proper" adult.

<modsnip - no link from an approved source>
I’m still processing the Vans shoe and only one footprint too. Whose footprint is it?
If I were on the jury, I'd want to know every shoe worn by friends and LE who visited that day.
Shoe covers--never used them myself--could they pick up enough blood to leave a latent print?
This is not my area of expertise. I hope someone can help explain how LE is sure it belongs to the killer.

"Bloody footprint at Murdaugh murder scene was not from either victim, witness says"
suggesting perhaps a CSI technician left a footprint in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens, in my experience, all the time. I've known and loved many people with heroin problems, and many of them started in their teens. Most came from great homes, great communities. Many received help. Most of them are dead now. It's a major problem in this country. None of these people I speak of just decided to become dope addicts. They had/have feelings that they were looking to not feel.

JMO and all ...
As a teacher myself I have 1 answer to this malady -
tough love is needed.

Caring and discipline.
Loving attention and firmness.
That is what troubled kids need.
They need structure.

They must see that adults can be relied upon, that they care despite being firm.

Bullying at school seemed rampant.
Did anybody help him then?
Was there anti bullying policy at school?
What about school psychologists?

These are elementary foundations for helping kids IMO.

I dont seen where the PCA states that it was the killers footprint, what Im reading on page 5 simply states that the shoe print outside of DM's room was going in the direction she saw the unidentified male go "This is consistent with D.M.'s statement regarding the suspect's path of travel". IMO

IMO I think its possible that whomever the male friends were that two surviving roommates called that morning, more than likely when into the house to check. Vans shoes are very common for that age college kids (male and female alike), since it was a latent shoe print there's a possibility that the blood that was stepped in would have been much drier at noonish than moments after the killing. In fact LE didn't even see it until the second crime scene processing...
It just seems to me the killer wouldn't have left only one barely visible bloody shoe print, either a complete path or none at all. MOO

I assume that LE has checked the people who went into the house after they were called by the surviving roommates to see if any of them were wearing Van shoes. And if BK had a pair of van shoes. Assume they know or have reconstructed the shoe size as well, which could rule people in or out.

I wonder what kind of altercations he was having with his professor. as a new TA, you would think he would not be too "disobedient"... just try to "get along for first semester" IMO. he did OK as an online student. Was he being graded in graduate classes as well? I keep thinking that other "kids" live on their own for the first time- they do not eat right; they drink too much beer, maybe they do badly in a class ... BK has arguments with his boss and kills 4 people.
When I was younger, I instinctively felt that people who put out this "I'm better than everyone" vibe surely couldn't think THAT highly of themselves, so my theory was that a superiority complex must really be a cover for an inferiority complex. Then I went on with life until this case made me think of it again. I recently did some research and found that a number of professionals actually agree with that.

I was 18 when I came up with that - clearly a lucky guess. But I can certainly understand how that applies to BK. He talks over everyone, talks down to everyone, grades everyone harshly, to prove how worthy and wise and special he is. He clearly impressed at least one of his professors, so it must have worked up to a point. At least in remote studies. But at WSU, the students were more sophisticated, and everything was in person so his normal approach backfired in a big way. I am not surprised that this resulted in "altercations" with his professor and that he gave up. The entire foundation of the place he had he created for himself in the world was collapsing. That must have created a serious crisis for him.

There's no excuse for what he did. In fact, at school, he probably could have gotten more help than ever before. It's a shame he apparently didn't ask for it.

I'm really curious.

To think that a minor teen could try to "cure" himself with heroine is simply mind boggling to me!

Sorry, but it is something I just cannot forgive - minors are to be taken care of!
Their wellbeing is adults' responsibility.

And please, do not tell me I'm "victim shaming" parents.

That he became an alleged monster - well, his whole life - from childhood, through adolescence - led to this horrifying end :(

And innocent young people and their families paid the price too!

JMO

If the Tapatalk posts are his, his parents were getting him help from both mental health and medical professionals starting at an early age. He was on various medications over the years those posts were made. Those posts even mention a MRI and a neurologist.His friends say he went to rehab at least once.

As a parent of a 20 yo who has had similar visual snow and depersonalization issues (but not the dark thoughts) to those that were mentioned in the Tapatalk posts, I can tell you right now--both of those are very hard issues to treat. Most therapists and medical professionals don't know much about them. Unless they can find that you are having seizures or have a lesion on your brain, the treatment for visual snow is very much a "well, let's throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks." And depersonalization often is caused by visual snow. Treatment for depersonalization separate from visual snow is also very much a throw stuff at it and see if anything works. And those that specialize in these issues are hard to find and often have wait lists. And it's expensive and adds up very quickly, depending on your insurance.

If my family was having problems finding care, getting treatment plans, and affording it in 2020 living right next to Chicago where there are tons of medical facilities and professionals and we have very good insurance--I can say pretty confidently that his family faced far greater problems then us when they were trying to get help back around 1999/2000 while having whatever health insurance is available to two people who work as maintenance and a sub/support school staff in towns not next to major medical facilities. It would not surprise me in the least if medical/mental health bills were a major cause of at least one of their bankruptcy declarations. And if he ever did a stint at an in patient residential mental health facility, that's even more expensive.

When I try to interpret the word “altercation” used in his dealings with the WSU professor, I am not immediately thinking it was physical. For me, I lean toward a disagreement where BK was instructed or coached in some way by the professor, and he disagreed and argued as if they were equals. When your boss asks you to alter your behavior or work, you have to understand the hierarchy. I understand attempting to explain yourself or engage in a productive dialogue that might illustrate your viewpoint, but that’s it.

If the Tapatalk posts are his, his parents were getting him help from both mental health and medical professionals starting at an early age. He was on various medications over the years those posts were made. Those posts even mention a MRI and a neurologist.His friends say he went to rehab at least once.

As a parent of a 20 yo who has had similar visual snow and depersonalization issues (but not the dark thoughts) to those that were mentioned in the Tapatalk posts, I can tell you right now--both of those are very hard issues to treat. Most therapists and medical professionals don't know much about them. Unless they can find that you are having seizures or have a lesion on your brain, the treatment for visual snow is very much a "well, let's throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks." And depersonalization often is caused by visual snow. Treatment for depersonalization separate from visual snow is also very much a throw stuff at it and see if anything works. And those that specialize in these issues are hard to find and often have wait lists. And it's expensive and adds up very quickly, depending on your insurance.

If my family was having problems finding care, getting treatment plans, and affording it in 2020 living right next to Chicago where there are tons of medical facilities and professionals and we have very good insurance--I can say pretty confidently that his family faced far greater problems then us when they were trying to get help back around 1999/2000 while having whatever health insurance is available to two people who work as maintenance and a sub/support school staff in towns not next to major medical facilities. It would not surprise me in the least if medical/mental health bills were a major cause of at least one of their bankruptcy declarations. And if he ever did a stint at an in patient residential mental health facility, that's even more expensive.
Thank you.
Your post eased my agitation :)
I'm glad that his parents did their best.
Not that it helped much in the end.
But one cannot break the wall with bare hands :(

Hmmm, in the objection is Taylor agreeing that the Goncalves family themselves shouldn’t be gagged? I skimmed it, but that’s what it looked like—just that they couldn’t have their attorney speak for them. Did I miss her point?

MOO
Playing catch up here.

Jay Weston Logsdon filed this motion. Interesting.

JMO

When I try to interpret the word “altercation” used in his dealings with the WSU professor, I am not immediately thinking it was physical. For me, I lean toward a disagreement where BK was instructed or coached in some way by the professor, and he disagreed and argued as if they were equals. When your boss asks you to alter your behavior or work, you have to understand the hierarchy. I understand attempting to explain yourself or engage in a productive dialogue that might illustrate your viewpoint, but that’s it.
IMHO if BK had assaulted anyone during any "altercation" he'd have been fired before December 30th (IIRC the date).

What gets me is that it appears BK made little to no attempt to heed the warnings of his superiors. Knowing that he had committed this crime, he continued being problematic.

It's crazy to me that people refer to the fact that BK studied criminology and carried out these murders but IMHO all kinds of people commit this type of crime. Not to minimize or take away from other cases, I'm just saying that I do not think BKs' criminology background did much to help him carry out this crime. So many mistakes were made that I have at times questioned who is really who iykwim.

I'm really curious.

Sorry, but it is something I just cannot forgive - minors are to be taken care of!
Their wellbeing is adults' responsibility.

And please, do not tell me I'm "victim shaming" parents.

That he became an alleged monster - well, his whole life - from childhood, through adolescence - led to this horrifying end :(

And innocent young people and their families paid the price too!

JMO
IMO, we should not judge the parents actions or inactions while BK was growing up (about which we can only speculate) by the outcome. IIRC, he did have professional help with his issues while the parents were responsible for his medical care. Once he turned 18, he became the decider: the parents could not make him do anything he did not agree to do, and could not even speak to his professional providers about what should be done.

The parents parents obviously love and support him even now - as they should.

Sometimes our children respond to our love and support and to professional interventions. Sometimes, other influences and their own internal world of thoughts and feelings predominate - despite those interventions.

I was raised with the expectation that I would refrain from judging others, knowing my own human frailty. I have no doubt that BK's parents are flawed, as I am. As I hope to be forgiven my trespasses, I am inclined to forgive theirs - sight unseen.

Last edited:
I dont seen where the PCA states that it was the killers footprint, what Im reading on page 5 simply states that the shoe print outside of DM's room was going in the direction she saw the unidentified male go "This is consistent with D.M.'s statement regarding the suspect's path of travel". IMO

IMO I think its possible that whomever the male friends were that two surviving roommates called that morning, more than likely when into the house to check. Vans shoes are very common for that age college kids (male and female alike), since it was a latent shoe print there's a possibility that the blood that was stepped in would have been much drier at noonish than moments after the killing. In fact LE didn't even see it until the second crime scene processing...
It just seems to me the killer wouldn't have left only one barely visible bloody shoe print, either a complete path or none at all. MOO
I really think the PCA is saying it is the killer's shoe print. To me the print is being used to support DM's sighting of the stranger (killer). No way, IMO, this would be in PCA unless LE had eliminated all other possible prints from others who came to the house that morning prior to 911 call. I assume LE did their due diligence and also would not put anything in a PCA that might mislead. A print belonging to any other person in the house that morning would not be in the PCA because it would serve no purpose being there. DEfense get to see all evidence of this sort in discovery. Defense would have a field day if LE have misled in the PCA by including this print if it can be shown to belong to anyone else present that day. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45