4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems parents even funded his "tummy tucking" operation after he lost so much weight.
I guess it was not cheap.
Or is it funded by health insurance?

JMO

There is a part of it covered by insurance for medical reasons. My insurance will cover this procedure if medically necessary.

A panniculectomy is surgery to remove excess skin from the lower abdomen. It is different from a tummy tuck, which is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess skin and fat and tightens the abdominal muscles.

Someone who weighs 300 pounds then looses over 100 pounds would most likely have this type of excess skin which their insurance might cover.

Wed, February 22, 2023 at 1:48 PM EST

Alot of detail in article.

"....About two months later, Kohberger reached out to her again to ask for a ride after he said his car broke down, and she agreed to help him, the messages showed. Weeks later, Casey Arntz came to learn that Kohberger’s errand was actually to buy heroin and needles, she said.

“He literally used me to get it,” she told the Statesman. “I was freaking out and not happy I had heroin in my car and didn’t even know.”

The correspondence shows Casey Arntz sent Kohberger a message that May scolding him for putting her in jeopardy had Kohberger been caught. He responded with three words.

“I’m in rehab,” Kohberger wrote. He offered an apology more than three weeks later, which she rebuffed.

1677110012140.png

I think his insurance might have covered excess skin removal, not the same as a tummy tuck. See my above post. Insurance companies do cover this, mine does.
Guess it just depends on the policy. I do fear medical debt of various kinds put his parents into bankruptcy at least once. Even with insurance, rehab & surgeries add up to a lot of OOP expense much of the time.

Strictly IMO.

Alot of detail in article.

About two months later, Kohberger reached out to her again to ask for a ride after he said his car broke down, and she agreed to help him, the messages showed. Weeks later, Casey Arntz came to learn that Kohberger’s errand was actually to buy heroin and needles, she said.

“He literally used me to get it,” she told the Statesman. “I was freaking out and not happy I had heroin in my car and didn’t even know.”

The correspondence shows Casey Arntz sent Kohberger a message that May scolding him for putting her in jeopardy had Kohberger been caught. He responded with three words.

“I’m in rehab,” Kohberger wrote. He offered an apology more than three weeks later, which she rebuffed.

View attachment 404852
3 more months of the pitter patter of "insider info" - not exactly the best thing for keeping potential jury members open minded. Hope the lengthy discovery process proves worthwhile.

Sure hope he takes a plea but really, I doubt he will.
Jmo

Guess it just depends on the policy. I do fear medical debt of various kinds put his parents into bankruptcy at least once. Even with insurance, rehab & surgeries add up to a lot of OOP expense much of the time.

Strictly IMO.

Didn't he go to rehab? That would be expensive if not covered by insurance. When did they file for bankruptcy?
If they filed when BK was in HS it is possible his weight loss skin surgery and drug problems affected his parents financially. If filed later or before, then probably not.

3 more months of the pitter patter of "insider info" - not exactly the best thing for keeping potential jury members open minded. Hope the lengthy discovery process proves worthwhile.

Sure hope he takes a plea but really, I doubt he will.
Jmo

He might if charged under the DP. To have it removed.

This would only happen if his attorneys leveled with him that the evidence against him is overwhelming.

Didn't he go to rehab? That would be expensive if not covered by insurance. When did they file for bankruptcy?
If they filed when BK was in HS it is possible his weight loss skin surgery and drug problems affected his parents financially. If filed later or before, then probably not.
The bankruptcy years/dates, 2 I believe were posted here early on.

He said he went to rehab per this post today.
Bryan started college in August of 2013, but by Jan 2014 he told a friend he had had to drop out of college to go to rehab.
Wow, I think the Idaho Statesman article is a lot more interesting than the People one! It answers a lot of background questions we've had about Bryan.

1) Worked at New York Pizza Girl in 2013-14. The owner of the building where the pizzeria was that Bryan worked at with a fellow heroin user, also owned a fish hatcher where people would come fish and then pay to have their catch cleaned. Both the owner and Bryan's job application for the school district confirm he worked there in the summer of 2011.

Bryan "didn’t show himself to be very personable with customers and also wasn’t improving at filleting the fish. He let him go. 'You’ve got to do a good job on your cuts, you have to be friendly to people, at least try to make some eye contact,' Conklin said. 'It just wasn’t his thing.' ”

2) His intense focus on losing weight led to a eating disorder that required hospitalization (not clear if that was just a hospital stay or a longer term eating disorder residential treatment as well) during high school.

3) Guidance counselor said his parents were very involved in meetings to help guide his education and plan his future schooling.

4) High school--sophomore year was at the technical program for law enforcement, switched junior year to HVAC program. Senior yr, transferred out of tech program and did the school's online program to earn his diploma (which he told friends he completed early). Tech school admin in charge of student discipline says she did have to work with Bryan, can't say specific details of why. She said different programs had lots of requirements (esp law enforcement), and even if a student had good grades they could be dropped from the program for behavior. He graduated high school between Jan-Mar of 2013.

5) High school was the start of him using marijuana which changed to heroin abuse. Bryan started college in August of 2013, but by Jan 2014 he told a friend he had had to drop out of college to go to rehab. It is not clear if he also had to go to rehab in high school.

6) According to what Bryan told friends in 2018, he had stopped using drugs in 2016.

7) In 2016 he started work with the school district as a fill-in custodian and courier before moving into security part time (Idaho Statesman got this from official documents they requested). The school district did tell IS that they couldn't release his documents related to written complaints or discipline. He resigned in June 2021.

At this point I don't want to hear any more comments on how come his parents didn't try to get him help--here we have evidence of hospital stays, school involvement, rehab programs, etc in addition to what is in the Tapatalk posts.

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article272531864.html#storylink=cpy

The bankruptcy years/dates, 2 I believe were posted here early on.

He said he went to rehab per this post today.
Bryan started college in August of 2013, but by Jan 2014 he told a friend he had had to drop out of college to go to rehab.
Bankruptcies were 1996 & 2010 per this article.

02/21/2023 o,4., Order to File Defendant's Exhibit "A" Attached to the Defendant's lst Supplemental Request for Discovery Under Seal

Translation, please?
The case summary was updated again today. Not much at all but I thought I'd post it here fwiw. I wish we could read the actual docs.

"Response to Request for Discovery State's Response to Defendant's First Supplemental Request for Discoyery"

The case summary was updated again today. Not much at all but I thought I'd post it here fwiw. I wish we could read the actual docs.

"Response to Request for Discovery State's Response to Defendant's First Supplemental Request for Discoyery"
I think we might get to read the defendants request for supplemental discovery and the states response to that request on Friday. JMO

63 documents filed.

WOW.
And he hasn't had his preliminary hearing yet.

Hasn't even officially pled not guilty yet. This is why the State cannot charge the DP yet.

Tonight Banfield said that there were photos of one of the girls on BK’s phone. Unsure whether they were screen shots or downloads, or actual taken photos. Cited People magazine.

Steve Goncalves said no one in the family knows or recognizes the suspect, but in the hours since they've first learned his name they are starting to see connections between him and Kaylee Goncalves that they aren't ready to discuss yet.

RBBM
Thanks for summarizing that article.

I wonder what an even earlier look at his school record (elementary & middle school) would reveal?

I wonder how he spent 2015?

I also wonder if online school works better for him by keeping his "problematic" interpersonal behaviors hidden?

When mom & dad were no longer daily contacts, look what happened. They have invested much; what a tragedy for them.

JMO

2015--well, the supposed creepy Tinder date was Dec 2015. As for the whole rest of the year before that--I suspect a lot of full day post rehab drug treatment programs (PHP) followed by stepping down to half day programs (IOP). Lots of doctor appointments and other healthcare to try to repair the damage from the heroin on top of the eating disorder. Lots of therapy. And that kind of stuff is like a full time job. In all likelihood, one or the other of his parents or his older sisters were having to take time off of work quite frequently to accompany him to appointments and family therapy.

Steve Goncalves said no one in the family knows or recognizes the suspect, but in the hours since they've first learned his name they are starting to see connections between him and Kaylee Goncalves that they aren't ready to discuss yet.
Article is dated Dec. 30, 2022.

There was some debate here re: whether those "connections" were fake Instagram profiles created around the time of his arrest that without research to verify made it seem like he was following KG & MM on SM.

Of course, SG might have been referring to something else that only he knows. It was never made clear if SG only had suspicions or if he had evidence supporting a SM or other "connection."

I'll take a look at the G family FB page & see if there is anything more definitive there.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members