4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that they did. The Glock is worrying. I wonder if this is the drawing mentioned (NSFW).

Obviously, it's not a drawing by Freud, but it is widely circulated and labeled in this manner. There are posters, t-shirts, etc. with labeled "What's on a man's mind" with this drawing.

But when a search warrant is for a whole house, everyone's stuff is searchable. Whether or not BK owned the weapons, he had access to them and it's part of the case and the narrative now.

BK is a wrecking ball. It strikes me as time to remember that the Moscow PD did everything they could to telegraph to him that they only wanted to talk to him (the owner of a certain white Elantra) and he had to have known they meant him (despite his Elantra being a different year). Why didn't he just go in and speak with LE back in Idaho?

Answer: mens rea, a guilty mind.

IMO. He could have saved his family from this part of it. I too would like to know who actually owned the gun.
So agree. Pretty much the only logical reason he didn’t go talk to the police.
And MOO like thinking his opinion was more important than any others in any room, his mind delivered a reading of the situation to him that he was getting away with it and not to risk talking to police.

Yes, there were a total of three knives. I confused item 47 with the Smith and Wesson, but Item No. 1 just says “knife” with no other description. I am hoping that is THE knife. The importance of it being the first item on the list stood out to me…IMO
The very vague description of it is also interesting.

Scrutiny of these raids is a recent development, relatively speaking. I think as we get to know and see the true extent of the psychological terror we put innocent people in through these raids, there will be other options created. I feel for the Kohbergers and whoever else was in the home that night (BK's sisters, their families? Hopefully no kids. It was the holiday season, so who knows).
Here's my take. Psychological terror vs the unknown which could potentially include: hostages, suicide by cop in front of family members, police getting shot, etc. "Psychological terror" seems to be the lesser of the potential outcomes. JMO

I'm also curious about the seizing of the gun. No firearm was used in this crime (as far as we know). So, I wonder do they have reason to believe the gun did play a role in the crime? Or was it taken for other reasons. I am assuming the gun must belong to BK.

I am stuck on the pink zipper in the baggie. Why would he have a pink zipper in his car?
It's a ziplock bag. Could just mean the closure was pink. I think I've seen them in most colours of the rainbow. It says Ziploc bag WITH pink zipper, not CONTAINING pink zipper. EDIT: It also says plastic baggie with green zipper further down.

Item #35 has taken on a life of its own on WS and Twitter, with the misinformation that the item is something taken/found in a glovebox. At least a couple of posts here have pointed that out.
If the 10 items that were in a glove are various cards, it would make sense that BK used a glove to contain them since there is no mention of a wallet. MOO

Here's my take. Psychological terror vs the unknown which could potentially include: hostages, suicide by cop in front of family members, police getting shot, etc. "Psychological terror" seems to be the lesser of the potential outcomes. JMO

We were talking about harm to innocent people. Psychological terror is harm to innocent people. IMO, traumatizing innocent people like that can be just as harmful as shooting them accidentally.

I'm a little skeptical it says "ID cards" only because there is a separate line item for "Personal identifying documents," which sounds to me like the same thing. But who knows.

I'm also curious about the seizing of the gun. No firearm was used in this crime (as far as we know). So, I wonder do they have reason to believe the gun did play a role in the crime? Or was it taken for other reasons. I am assuming the gun must belong to BK.

If it's BK's and was purchased legally, wouldn't that have been made public before the gag order when it seemed everything was coming out about him?

IMO, the gun likely belongs to his parents or someone else in the home. I don't think it's unusual for homeowners in rural areas to have firearms.

MOO.

Sure, but the raid itself can create the opportunity for all that to happen. I know they plan well to achieve the surprise necessary, but it doesn't always work and relies on intel of the site. I think back to the Breonna Taylor tragedy. A totally unnecessary raid, and also included bad intel that she was the only one in the apartment. I know this isn't the forum to discuss all this, but I just prefer to see LE avoid raids if at all possible.

Sure would like to know the title of the book, with underlining on page 118.
Knowing the title won't help much. Knowing the ISBN would. Editions often have completely different formatting and page counts to each other. Hardback to paperback to digital, US to UK to International editions. But the ISBN would tell you exactly what words are on that page, if you have the same edition as him.

Source: I am the kid of a librarian, I started a library science certificate myself, general book nerd.

If it's BK's and was purchased legally, wouldn't that have been made public before the gag order when it seemed everything was coming out about him?

IMO, the gun likely belongs to his parents or someone else in the home. I don't think it's unusual for homeowners in rural areas to have firearms.

MOO.
I don't know why it would have come out earlier. How would anyone know? If the gun belongs to the parents, why was it taken? There has to be a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74