4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AB's source was from LE, LE could have gone through BK's SM plus the victims' accounts back when they first identified BK as the possible perp in late Nov 2022. At that time there should be no fake accounts since the public did not yet have his name. IMO
Would LE have been able to get a search warrant at that time? Even when BK was at his parents' home in PA, LE were watching BK and the house while waiting for the search warrant to come through. So I doubt that LE would have been able to get a search warrant for BK's social media in November. JMO.

I've always thought he and BK were the same individual. No proof, but it sure is odd.

I haven't been following the "Poppa Rodgers" angle and have no opinion as to whether Poppa and BK are the same person. I also can't see well enough to discern every person in the photos.

<modsnip: random social media comments>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't asking you to offer a solution, I was trying to convey that 'well informed' is subjective.

Not necessarily. University programs everywhere set objective standards for being "well informed". There are objective standards for the information required to become a lawyer. Those standards are debated and have certainly changed over time (we no longer think a student must master Latin and Greek to be "informed"), but that doesn't mean the standards are subjective.

Just because something requires investigation doesn't make it subjective either. And I strongly disagree that people who know nothing make better jurors than those who know something. For one thing, I believe people who follow current events to some extent are more likely to closely follow the judge's instructions as to what may be considered and what may not.

All of the above is my opinion. I am not a jury selection expert and I certainly don't claim to know more on this subject than anyone else here.

If it were for a specific amount of time, that would also impact school attendance long-term, it would have gotten their attention. In a public school, a day missed is money missed. I think he probably went during the summer break and started school late, or left school early. If he was as hard-core H addict as they said he was he would need it to function at school, just going through the withdrawals would be pretty bad, it would be almost impossible to function normally in a classroom. Then again, Methadone stops almost all withdrawal symptoms.

Surely BK's medical history would be confidential and the principal would be setting aside knowledge of that history in his responses to the press, no?

Would LE have been able to get a search warrant at that time? Even when BK was at his parents' home in PA, LE were watching BK and the house while waiting for the search warrant to come through. So I doubt that LE would have been able to get a search warrant for BK's social media in November. JMO.
That's right @Sundog LE didn't have cell phone data before Dec 23.

On December 23, 2022, I applied for and was granted a search warrant for historical phone records between November 12,2022 at 12:00 a.m. and November 14, at 12:00 a.m. for the 8458 Phone held by the phone provider AT&T (approximately 24 hours proceeding and following the times of the homicides).

Surely BK's medical history would be confidential and the principal would be setting aside knowledge of that history in his responses to the press, no?
I would think this to be true as he was a minor. If they didn't know why he left school, or they'd pulled him out to, say, attend home school, they could have stated the years he attended school there, but I don't think they can go much further into details.

I haven't been following the "Poppa Rodgers" angle and have no opinion as to whether Poppa and BK are the same person. I also can't see well enough to discern every person in the photos.

<modsnip: discussing random social media comments>
<modsnip> He gets to talk to others, about what he did. Anonymously. Idk that it's him, and if it's not, it's not, but whoever it is, chose a photo with a striking resemblance to BK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight Banfield said that there were photos of one of the girls on BK’s phone. Unsure whether they were screen shots or downloads, or actual taken photos. Cited People magazine.
The source did not specify whether they were photos that he had taken of her or if they were downloaded from her social media.

"He had more than one picture of her," the source says. "It was clear that he was paying attention to her."

It's all a bit vague. Who is "her"? I wouldnt' even venture a guess at this point.

Is there a difference between grabbing a screenshot vs downloading a pic? Or was it a video like tiktok? I'm curious about the platform.

I've always thought he and BK were the same individual. No proof, but it sure is odd.

IMO the PR stuff is nonsense. Anyone knows how social media companies respond to preservation of evidence requests knows that if PR was BK that account would have been suspended on THE EXACT DAY warrants were issued on 12/30. The same day his Reddit account was taken down and likely any aliases he had on Reddit.

Facebook and Reddit's hardware/software fingerprinting is practically unavoidable. No amount of VPNs or Incognito mode or new computers or fresh installs are going to avoid them for long. It's the same technology that powers their Ad Network stalking.

Finding duplicate accounts is trivial to them. If an account wasn't suspended on 12/30 (like the Reddit account)...it wasn't BK. If he did have any aliases they were likely all suspended on that day.

MOO of course.

Also, people often cite (Jennifer Coffindaffer is one of them) PR's mentioning of the sheath on 11/30 as the smoking gun proving that he's BK. But the sheath was being talked about on social media forums as far back as 11/17. By dozens of different users. In the same places that PR was likely frequenting.

All MOO, of course.

Bryan Kohberger's Alleged Photos of Victim

Scott Reisch said BK apparently has images on his phone of one of the girls. It has been searched by the police and leaked to the public, however they didn’t name the victim. It’s unclear whether he took the images himself or whether they were downloaded from the victim’s social media account or taken before or after the slaying.

@ 5:55

Bryan Kohberger's Alleged Photos of Victim

Scott Reisch said BK apparently has images on his phone of one of the girls. It has been searched by the police and leaked to the public, however they didn’t name the victim. It’s unclear whether he took the images himself or whether they were downloaded from the victim’s social media account or taken before or after the slaying.

@ 5:55
I guess the date of downloading the photos is easy to check.

Police knows it I think.

and yet ( same link)

'The program helped students eventually become a police officer, firefighter or EMT, said Donna Yozwiak, Kohberger’s guidance counselor through most of high school. His parents, who also worked for the school district, were active in attending meetings to help steer their son, she said.

“I recall no problems. He was a regular kid, and thankfully his parents were involved in his education,” Yozwiak told the Statesman in a phone interview, adding that she remembered Kohberger as a good student. “I don’t recall anything that was out of the ordinary.”

So absences for rehab and the supposed hospitalisation for eating disorder but ' ....no problems'
How does that work?

plus, same link again. High school principal: 'He only vaguely recalled Kohberger...'
Did the parents not tell the school or are the sources speaking to press incorrect o just legal reasons around privacy?

I think the problems show just a few paragraphs lower, and that same guidance counselor is the one who is quoted. She states jr year he switched from the law enforcement program to the HVAC program in his sophomore year. And then "or reasons that are unclear he went left the tech school HVAC program his senior year and ended up earning his diploma through the school's online program.

The technical school administrator who oversaw student discipline and mental health remembers Bryan and having to have interactions with him that fell under her job description. She couldn't speak specifically about his case, but said "Sometimes, depending on the disciplinary offense and any issues surrounding it, it may not be the student’s choice to be removed from a program — particularly a program that might have many rules and regulations in place,” Carmella-Beers said by email, noting the law enforcement program barred certain behaviors. “In general, a student can be very strong academically and perform very well in clinical work, but one or more infractions would take the opportunity to participate in that program away.”

Given that he told a friend he had finished up the online program early, I suspect the online program was asynchronous. I know many kids at our local high school who have used that kind of online school program (many schools use Edgenuity which is both online credit recovery for failed classes and online classes for kids who aren't able to be in school for a specific reason) to get class credits and work on classes while they are in drug rehab or residential mental health programs.

Tech question: If BKs fon was "turned off" during the crime time so his movements wouldn't be tracked, could the camera still be used? giving a time stanp?

I read in several MSM articles that BK withdrew from college to attend rehab. Here's one source: Bryan Kohberger’s former friends tell how he became addicted to heroin because he wanted ‘validation’

One of the things about heroin is that once addicted, you have to take a certain amount regularly to feel "normal" and avoid withdrawal. This may not necessarily mean that you're really that high. I suspect BK may have not run out of "stamina" until after he was out of high school.

JMO/JME
Yes maybe the heroin was only a real problem once he'd graduated High School but a few years later he's hired by the same High School to work there in security ( 2017 - 2021)
It's complicated by having conflicting recollections on violence & H use from different sources. Pasqua, Bayliss, Arntz

Sad to see those stats on drug use in that new article:

Monroe County rests at Pennsylvania’s northeastern edge bordering New Jersey, and is just one county over from the New York state line. Consequently, the Poconos region sits adjacent to the nation’s largest heroin trafficking hub and market, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Pennsylvania maintains one of the nation’s highest rates of drug overdose deaths annually, consistently in the top five in recent years, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. In 2020, Monroe County far outpaced the state in the category, ranking third among Pennsylvania’s 67 counties, according to the latest data available from its Department of Health.

By comparison, Idaho and Washington state routinely rank in the bottom 20 nationally for deaths from drug overdoses.

Apparently he was doing good in school. If there are absences for medical reasons, the details of that are not the school's business as long as no suspicion of neglect or abuse.

yes the Guidance Counsellor seems to think all was fine

'Donna Yozwiak, Kohberger’s guidance counselor through most of high school. His parents, who also worked for the school district, were active in attending meetings to help steer their son, she said.

“I recall no problems. He was a regular kid, and thankfully his parents were involved in his education,” Yozwiak told the Statesman in a phone interview, adding that she remembered Kohberger as a good student. “I don’t recall anything that was out of the ordinary.”

while the HS Principal Gress told the reporter that BK '....wasn’t involved in any after-school activities offered by the district' and he only vaguely recalled him while Tanya Carmella-Beers ( administrator who oversaw student discipline and mental health) does remember him but , rightly, declines to comment to the press. Bryan Kohberger lived here: Pennsylvania friends, neighbors recall Idaho homicide suspect

so while we was still at school we have the dramatic weight loss of 300lbs, the bullying, the kick-boxing & violence, ( no obvious issues with heroin until after he graduates ) and we're no further forward on his bio timeline : ' For reasons that are unclear, Kohberger then transitioned out of the technical school his senior year to earn his diploma through the high school’s online program, Yozwiak said.' Will have to be patient and maybe the trial will clear-up some of inconsistent recollections from his acquaintances.

I think the problems show just a few paragraphs lower, and that same guidance counselor is the one who is quoted. She states jr year he switched from the law enforcement program to the HVAC program in his sophomore year. And then "or reasons that are unclear he went left the tech school HVAC program his senior year and ended up earning his diploma through the school's online program.

The technical school administrator who oversaw student discipline and mental health remembers Bryan and having to have interactions with him that fell under her job description. She couldn't speak specifically about his case, but said "Sometimes, depending on the disciplinary offense and any issues surrounding it, it may not be the student’s choice to be removed from a program — particularly a program that might have many rules and regulations in place,” Carmella-Beers said by email, noting the law enforcement program barred certain behaviors. “In general, a student can be very strong academically and perform very well in clinical work, but one or more infractions would take the opportunity to participate in that program away.”

Given that he told a friend he had finished up the online program early, I suspect the online program was asynchronous. I know many kids at our local high school who have used that kind of online school program (many schools use Edgenuity which is both online credit recovery for failed classes and online classes for kids who aren't able to be in school for a specific reason) to get class credits and work on classes while they are in drug rehab or residential mental health programs.

Thanks, re that bold part, so until trial/ until we know more, am just going to assume some ' infractions' occurred but while they excluded him continuing with the LE program, that they weren't serious enough to bar him successfully becoming a school security guard 2017 - 2021

maybe that answers my query of why the Guidance Counsellor Yozwiak can't recall any problems with BK but Carmella-Beers might

That is some big information. Evidence of stalking, if they were saved before the murders. After the murders, not so much. LE would have a field day with the number of pictures of those students I have on my own phone. :rolleyes:
If the photos of the girls were saved before the murders, then yes, that may be evidence of stalking. Which still wouldn't necessarily make BK their killer. OTOH, although finding and saving photos of the girls after they were killed is pretty weird, again it doesn't make BK their killer. But it sure does show a strange personality.

If the photos of the girls were saved before the murders, then yes, that may be evidence of stalking. Which still wouldn't necessarily make BK their killer. OTOH, although finding and saving photos of the girls after they were killed is pretty weird, again it doesn't make BK their killer. But it sure does show a strange personality.
Yes Scott Reisch on his last update said that that crucial detail on timing hadn't been confirmed. Before or after the murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member